No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can confirm, had to open one of those for a project when the realtor was unreachable and the code given was incorrect. If you ever run across one in future, most people just move one wheel one digit anyway, so quick trial and error can also work.

Comment

Meh, it would be more fun to remove with a battery powered angle grinder.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Well fuck... I guess I need to make a thing like that... I wonder if I have an existing tool that will work.

I agree that hacking that damn thing would be more fun but cracking the combo would be a blast too

Toaster, what did you use to break the code?

That only shows how to open the lockbox, will I be able to actually remove it once it’s open?
        Last edited by 2mAn; 07-29-2019, 07:55 PM.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Used the pick method with a small specialty flat blade. Between finding a video, watching it, and opening the lock it probably took me just under 10 min.

Having opened a lot of the boxes, people most frequently turn the right most dial down one to two spaces.

The lock will either have an internal release or a key slot on the exterior that allows for moving the box. But considering how cheap those boxes are you could probably just give it a couple of whacks with a hammer or use the two flat wrench method to break it.

Comment

what i do on those is throw a long serpentine belt over the gate and just turn the knob.

Comment

Your secrets are safe with me... I wasn't even listening.

Comment

Dremel.

Ezekiel 25:17
                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                  4" angle grinder

Ezekiel 25:17
                  ftfy

simon, go to harbor freight and buy a set of cheap feeler gages. take one of the thinner ones and cut the end down. it has a release on the inside to unhasp the U. it will be really obvious once you open it up.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I have some feeler gauges!... perfect. that sh!t is coming off today after work
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

B-e-a-utiful
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Yep, same thing happened in Riviera Beach, a little mess of a city not too far from where I am. Time to go back to the old way? Passing intra-office communication by paper, fax or over the phone instead and doing away with email? Giving every employee email access doesn't seem to be panning out well. It also gives me a chuckle when they call these phishing attacks 'hacking'. No, sorry, you didn't get owned by some genius hacker who penetrated your firewalls and cracked your network encryption, you're just stupid and opened a suspicious attachment or literally gave some rando your login credentials.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

I don't think it's time for anything that extreme, but like maybe make a backup once a year lol.

How important is the shit that a school board generates? As long as you backup your records of who graduated once per cycle, is anything really that vital that you can't just wipe it and restore (assuming financials are handled separately)?
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I don't think that is extreme. Unless your role in a company or school district or whatever is public facing you don't really need access to an email account that can receive anything other than internal communications on your work computer. You want to dick around or do personal things on company time? use your smartphone for it. But with ransomware attacks so common on personal computers and business networks, it's prudent to lock things down a little better. Backups are only part of the solution, it still costs a significant amount of man hours to restore every computer on a network from backup after some office drone opened quarterlyreport.doc.exe and got it all bricked.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

In high school I talked to the IT guy about why they have such serious security protocols on the school networks. He said its not for the grades, student records, etc. Its for the parents of the students, all there personal information is there including a lot of finical. He said our district servers got 1000's of small attacks a day and occasionally big ones that where pretty serious. These cyber threats against schools are unknown and pretty serous.
                              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                                It wasn't me.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X