Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

On another note, Bradnic bought a local BAT car local to me. We are meeting Fri morning to go over it. :) Curious how these auction cars compare to us "OG-forum-junkies" standards.
    the low mileage vert? fingers crossed that it was cared for by some rich person at their vacation home
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
      i know this is the non-sense thread and not the bat thread, but this is nonsense... And i want it lol

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ferret-mk-2-4/
      want!!!
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I guess a Tank could be purchased and with an additional investment, it can be FULLY functional lol
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          When it rains, it pours.

Almost lost my life partner this past weekend. Wifey had to have emergency surgery on Sat. We are in the clear now, but man that's scary.

In short, she had kidney cancer in ~2009, kidney was removed, scans showed it was gone....apparently the scar tissue decided to engulf the small intestine/colon and pull it into the void of said kidney removal, causing the blood supply to be limited to said guts. Doc tried laparoscopic, too much scar tissue, she was split from sternum to groin, disemboweled, fix the problem, then patched back up. Looks like we skated by thanks to modern medicine.

She is my rock. I don't know how I would manage without her. We still have three teenagers here at home, and a twenty-something in college.

So happy there is a great prognosis, now it's time for healing.
          Glad to hear things seem to be OK now. Earlier this year a friend of mine, that lives a ways from me, had his wife go into labor and then she passed away due to complications to the birth. He has 4 other children, oldest is around 13 the youngest besides the new born baby is about 4. So now he is a widowed father of 4 plus an infant. I don't know how he does it.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

So...this site seems to be dead-er since the update...
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I guess a Tank could be purchased and with an additional investment, it can be FULLY functional lol
              yeah they can be bought but you're looking at $250k+ for one that is working. Talking about real tanks.

There was a lawyer in Houston that bought one and had it out front of his house and the HOA got on to him lol

Edit: on a side note, I actually got an email notification of your post 2mAn...YAY
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

Glad to hear things seem to be OK now. Earlier this year a friend of mine, that lives a ways from me, had his wife go into labor and then she passed away due to complications to the birth. He has 4 other children, oldest is around 13 the youngest besides the new born baby is about 4. So now he is a widowed father of 4 plus an infant. I don't know how he does it.
                thats horrible! oh my...

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                So...this site seems to be dead-er since the update...
                it does feel that way, and thats a shame. the site was quite outdated and theres some big things in the pipeline (I hope) so I believe this update was necessary
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

thats horrible! oh my...

it does feel that way, and thats a shame. the site was quite outdated and theres some big things in the pipeline (I hope) so I believe this update was necessary
                  He posts every now and then on FaceBook and you can just feel his pain. I'm so far away but try and give words of encouragement. Even though I know they don't really help.

It would help if I would get email notifications. The one I just mentioned is the first one that I got since the update.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

theres some big things in the pipeline (I hope) so I believe this update was necessary
                    I hope so too. I now suffer anxiety every time I'm on this forum.

Then again, maybe that's not a bad thing (should spend time doing other things).
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

the low mileage vert? fingers crossed that it was cared for by some rich person at their vacation home
                      Same one.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

so how are scammers using Paypal now? I listed a part on another forum and immediately got a response which totally seemed like a scam, telling me to sign up for paypal. I replied saying I had Paypal already and asked if he was scamming. He has continued replying to me, gave me a bogus address to which I said I could ship it to him for an additional $150 and to send it as a gift thinking this would scare him off... nope. he wants to know my paypal so he can send it... Im wondering how else I can fuck with him, I doubt he will actually send me money
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

so how are scammers using Paypal now? I listed a part on another forum and immediately got a response which totally seemed like a scam, telling me to sign up for paypal. I replied saying I had Paypal already and asked if he was scamming. He has continued replying to me, gave me a bogus address to which I said I could ship it to him for an additional $150 and to send it as a gift thinking this would scare him off... nope. he wants to know my paypal so he can send it... Im wondering how else I can fuck with him, I doubt he will actually send me money
                          In our case dealing with a scammer, they were using stolen/hacked PayPal account info. Dude bought an $800-900 intercooler on eBay and had it shipped to an address like 6 miles from us. Then a month or so later we got a fraudulent transaction warning from PP and funds were removed from our account. We contacted PP and they initially tried to tell us to eat shit, but we had all the original transaction info saved which showed the confirmed address was in fact the one we shipped to, so we were covered.

I ended up going to the address, which was an upscale apartment building, and the door man gave me a concerning amount of information about the tenant. He told me they received over a dozen packages to that address daily and were super shady. The police followed up with us a couple months after that and said they were using the apartment as a hub to receive goods paid for with stolen credit card/PP info and then reshipping stuff all over the world.
                          Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Paypal Scam Update: He now wants me to send him $150 via western union to cover the shipping then he will send me $650... what could go wrong!? LOL ... Lets see how far along I can string him
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

WOW the stupid is getting very strong with this particular scammer
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                WOW the stupid is getting very strong with this particular scammer

You dont even know!.. I said I wasnt comfortable sending it to him, so I asked for a copy of his drivers license or ID. This is what I got... Im not done wasting his time yet. Any ideas what I should ask for next?
                                Attached Files
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X