Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    if you didn't have your bags with you, then the bed bugs probably did not come from said seedy shithole hotel. perhaps they came from one of the other places you stayed on your trip. as a crew member that spends a lot of nights in hotels, i am really careful about where i put my bags in the room when i stay. first, i NEVER set them on the floor especially if its carpet. i also never set them on top of the other bed, sofa, or any sort of fabric furniture in the room. hotels pretty much always have a luggage rack folded up in the closet to set your bag on. that is my first choice followed by setting it on top of a piece of furniture such as a dresser.

i have a friend that owns a few hotels with his dad. he was telling me one day that any time a native indian (as in the red dot variety) stays in one of their rooms, it is pretty much guaranteed they brought bed bugs with them from the old country. he said they just call an exterminator to go fumigate the fuck out of the room just as soon as they move out.
    We were in one hotel the whole time and never noticed and bites on us. My wife had her luggage on the little rack thing, but they only had one so my was on the floor next to the bed. I've seen on the interwebs it said that you can pick them up in car rides even. So who knows where we got it. That's the only trip that we took though.

So we slept on our couch Saturday night and last night we put the containment covers on and finally slept on our own bed...no new bites and hopefully they are dead, saw a bunch on the floor and they said we cant vacuum for 6 weeks...
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

speaking of bed bugs i saw some apartments treated for bed bugs.
      Bed bugs by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

my post says its unapproved. huh?
        because it has a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          I hear plenty of people complaining about posts/pics/whatever, but no details on device/browser/app. Windows/Android with Chrome or Firefox seems to work reliably.

Comment

speaking of bed bugs i saw some apartments treated for bed bugs.
            Bed bugs by jet jones, on Flickr
            win10 . firefox.

i just quoted my unapproved post. see if that's a work around.

Comment

i think it's a spam filter and the admin has to approve every single picture posted?

just tried to quote my unapproved post and that didn't work, it also turned unapproved.
              maybe it's just pictures from flkr?

win10 . firefox.

Comment

Maybe, pics from Google Photos or Imgur seem to require no moderation.

Comment

I can see the pic,

Wonder what they are doing to treat for the bed bugs?

On another update; wife saw a live bed bug on her bed...For some reason, maybe cause I grew up in Arkansas and had tons of bites on me from other insects as a kid, I rarely show any bites. My wife gets red bumps and they itch her; me...nothing.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

they heat the rooms up to 130f or something like that and frys their little bug brains.

if you see a bed bug it's over. you have bed bugs and you need spray and powder and leave the powder for a some time because
                    the eggs dont die with spray but when they hatch the powder is like razor wire to newborns.
                    Last edited by LowR3V'in; 09-17-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

they heat the rooms up to 130f or something like that and frys their little bug brains.

if you see a bed bug it's over. you have bed bugs and you need spray and powder and leave the powder for a some time because
                      the eggs dont die with spray but when they hatch the powder is like razor wire to newborns.
                      aww ok, yeah we put all of our stuff in the room in black bags and let them cook in the attic. I'm in Texas and we did this Sat morning. That day hit like 97 or so degrees. I had a thermometer used for smoking meat up in the attic, Bluetooth enabled, and was able to see that it got to at least 123 degrees in there.

We've read that if it is around 110 degrees it needs to be at that for 90 minutes or so. But if it hits 120 degrees it kills them instantly...But the lady that came to spray said that it would have to be like 150 degrees...O.o

Yeah we cant vacuum for like 6 weeks.

We have just found a couple of lives ones last night since the spray. We found a bunch that were dead on the floor after the spraying.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Had a buzz in the home audio setup, found one of the Martin Logan bookshelf speakers was being screwy, so took a Rockford Fosgate car speaker off the shelf that I didn't put in the 318ti and installed it. Issue fixed, check. Just out of warranty repair, check. Dremel used, check. Replaced an $80 speaker with a $20 speaker, check. Sounds good to me.

F you component for failing two months after the warranty expired.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          F you component for failing two months after the warranty expired.
                          Isnt that how it always works...

In other news, Im still fuckin with the spammer. At this point I got tired of the long rants and simply told him that Ive sent the money and have begun demanding my money. ANyone want to make me the most ridiculous "receipt" so I can send it to him to prove that Ive sent him an Amazon gift card for $150 lol
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

do you guys know if say you have a super worn out tranny pilot bearings, it hasn't been replaced in forever and is
                            worn out like a whore. Could that damage the tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Isnt that how it always works...

In other news, Im still fuckin with the spammer. At this point I got tired of the long rants and simply told him that Ive sent the money and have begun demanding my money. ANyone want to make me the most ridiculous "receipt" so I can send it to him to prove that Ive sent him an Amazon gift card for $150 lol
                              Just draw one like the amateur sketch for the Alabama Leprechaun

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

do you guys know if say you have a super worn out tranny pilot bearings, it hasn't been replaced in forever and is
                                worn out like a whore. Could that damage the tranny?
                                I bought an e36 that has been passed around a few friends over the course of about 5-6yrs, so that I could prototype the Jenvy ITB's. The tranny always whined like mad - sounded like straight cut gears. After the ITB testing was done, I parted the car out, floors/trunk were rusted out. When I pulled the trans, I realized why it always made that noise - the pilot bearing was never installed when it was manual swapped! Still shifted great. Not saying this will help you, but here's what it sounded like..

Lots of questions about idle, cold starts and drive-ability. Well, here it is so far.

But I didn't car much when opening the throttle hid it lol...

john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X