Haircuts. Where and how much $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20. $13/7 tip.

been going to this vietnamese couple since i was 11 or 12.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

I pay about $45-50, has to be cut a certain way and only know two people who can make me happy with how it looks
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

im growing out 80s rockstar hair

Comment

wait, I've been typically leaving $2 tips for $12 haircuts.
          but from the general consensus of this thread, the protocol differs quite a bit or ya'll got some deep ass pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            $14 for for cut and hot shave, and toss the 6 in for tip. I use the same barber everytime and the shop has a hot chic doing the shave so that worth it twice a month.
            Originally posted by raywillet View Post
            You get 2 haircuts a month? I thought I was overdoing it by going once every 2 months!

Supercuts, $17 + $8 tip. Cut and Shampoo.
            Yes, I am an instructor so I have to present a certain image.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Used to pay $20 with tip, and it came with a glass of beer. My girlfriend is a stylist though, so I haven't paid for a hair cut in about a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr00v3 View Post
                if you're in socal, you are doing yourself a disservice by not going to Ralph's Barber Shop in Pomona.

Specialties: Traditional barbering, precision haircuts, and hot towel straight razor shaves. Special care to children's first haircut; which includes a Certificate. Three State Board Certified Barbers, with 40 years' experience. We specialize in Flat Tops (a lost art), razor fades, and any gentleman's haircuts. We maintain a fun and comfortable family environment. Established in 1960. Ralph's Barbershop opened in 1960 in Pomona. It is now owned and operated by Ralph's grandson.

Ralph's is a real gem. It's been around for decades, and is now manned by Ralph's son, Rick, who is now grooming his son, Bryson, to take over when Rick retires.

True barber shop, all the dirty talk, and vulgarity that ensues when men get together, but as soon as a woman walks in, it's all quiet and gentlemanly.

Rick knows almost everyone by name, by my third visit, we were talking like old chums. He looks like a big scary guy, but truth is, he's one of the nicest men I've ever met. Last Christmas, he gave me a jar of his own brewed Moonshine. Also to, he's invited me over to his house for BBQ and Smoked Rips countless times. He has even become good friends with my GF. Even better, if I go later in the day before he closes, he'll usually pop open a beer and hand one over to me to drink while he's cutting my hair.

The best part, I wear an old school pompadour, and he grew up with the greasers, his father was an OG greaser, and Rick cuts a mean pomp.

All for $10. He will even use a straight razor to clean up your sideburns and neck. For $5 more, he'll take a hot towel to your face, and shave it with a straight razor.

If you're within an hour of Ralph's Barber Shop, check him out, and tell him Karlo sent you, the Asian with the Pompadour, He'll know who you're talking about.
                Ive always wanted a straight razor shave but i don't really trust any of the shops around me so next time I'm in pomona all haft to give him a call

edit the girl ive been going to is like 20 and i normally do a 5-8 dollar tip but i only get my hair cut once a month so paying that much doesn't bother me plus she does a good job
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by raywillet View Post
                  You get 2 haircuts a month? I thought I was overdoing it by going once every 2 months!

Supercuts, $17 + $8 tip. Cut and Shampoo.
                  Military man. I get one every other week. Same as M-technik probably. But my wife always wanted to try and it turns out she's better than the barbers on base. #1 on the sides and #6 on top. Sexy stuff.

So free for me!

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Almost bought a wireless shaver today...figured it would end in randomly buzzing my roommates' hair in the middle of the night. Decided against it.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I went to a salon for the first time in 7 years after 2 years of growing my hair out. Why do all hair dressers have to be cute girls? Cut+shampoo+massage+coffee = $55. I will go back again

Tim.

Comment

my mum does it.
                        fucking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                          wait, I've been typically leaving $2 tips for $12 haircuts.
                          but from the general consensus of this thread, the protocol differs quite a bit or ya'll got some deep ass pockets.
                          Hair styling tips usually go higher the more complex the cut is. My friend who gets a simple fade up to a 3 from a 0 only tips about 20% (3 bucks on $15). I get a little more style, a short faux hawk with some razor thinning. So i tip the $5 on $15 b/c it takes a bit more concentration and skill to cut my hair.

Also i think the length of time it takes for the cut is important. a buzz may take 10 mins tops? styling usually takes 20. So basically, you're compensating the stylist for the extra time it takes as well.

$2 may be a teeny bit low for some people, but if you're getting a quick cut with not much styling involved, you're fine. Also, if you're younger they don't expect you to tip super high like you are on salary lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post
                            Hair styling tips usually go higher the more complex the cut is. My friend who gets a simple fade up to a 3 from a 0 only tips about 20% (3 bucks on $15). I get a little more style, a short faux hawk with some razor thinning. So i tip the $5 on $15 b/c it takes a bit more concentration and skill to cut my hair.

Also i think the length of time it takes for the cut is important. a buzz may take 10 mins tops? styling usually takes 20. So basically, you're compensating the stylist for the extra time it takes as well.

$2 may be a teeny bit low for some people, but if you're getting a quick cut with not much styling involved, you're fine. Also, if you're younger they don't expect you to tip super high like you are on salary lol
                            well fuck me very much.
                            my haircuts are usually pretty tedious and take like an hour..I guess I'm shafting the barber no homo.
                            learned something today! def tip more from now on

Comment

Like $10-12 at a small hair salon run by my house. I think it's just one lady that owns/operates it, I always pay her $15, but I believe the price is 12.

And as far as how often, I normally decide I need another 2-3 weeks after getting one, and don't end up doing it for another 2 months. I've been meaning to get a haircut every weekend for the past month and a half.
                              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post

And as far as how often, I normally decide I need another 2-3 weeks after getting one, and don't end up doing it for another 2 months. I've been meaning to get a haircut every weekend for the past month and a half.
                                hahah this, then my work complains I don't look clean enough. But salon for me the girl I go to is hot and hooks it up, I thinks she got a crush on mezz.

Originally posted by blunttech
                                Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Working...
                                X