No announcement yet.

Haircuts. Where and how much $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm rather particular about my hair, I pay 50 bucks with tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr00v3 View Post
      if you're in socal, you are doing yourself a disservice by not going to Ralph's Barber Shop in Pomona.

Specialties: Traditional barbering, precision haircuts, and hot towel straight razor shaves. Special care to children's first haircut; which includes a Certificate. Three State Board Certified Barbers, with 40 years' experience. We specialize in Flat Tops (a lost art), razor fades, and any gentleman's haircuts. We maintain a fun and comfortable family environment. Established in 1960. Ralph's Barbershop opened in 1960 in Pomona. It is now owned and operated by Ralph's grandson.

Ralph's is a real gem. It's been around for decades, and is now manned by Ralph's son, Rick, who is now grooming his son, Bryson, to take over when Rick retires.

True barber shop, all the dirty talk, and vulgarity that ensues when men get together, but as soon as a woman walks in, it's all quiet and gentlemanly.

Rick knows almost everyone by name, by my third visit, we were talking like old chums. He looks like a big scary guy, but truth is, he's one of the nicest men I've ever met. Last Christmas, he gave me a jar of his own brewed Moonshine. Also to, he's invited me over to his house for BBQ and Smoked Rips countless times. He has even become good friends with my GF. Even better, if I go later in the day before he closes, he'll usually pop open a beer and hand one over to me to drink while he's cutting my hair.

The best part, I wear an old school pompadour, and he grew up with the greasers, his father was an OG greaser, and Rick cuts a mean pomp.

All for $10. He will even use a straight razor to clean up your sideburns and neck. For $5 more, he'll take a hot towel to your face, and shave it with a straight razor.

If you're within an hour of Ralph's Barber Shop, check him out, and tell him Karlo sent you, the Asian with the Pompadour, He'll know who you're talking about.
      +5 on going to a real barbershop. The experience is worth it, and a straight shave is the win. I try to go at least twice a month for a shave. I get my whole head done though, I roll with just a goatee.

This will help you find a barbershop (maybe)
      During the golden age for barber shops,the barber shop was a weekly habit, not only for a haircut and a perfect shave, but also to fraternize with friends.
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Ive been trying to find my style. Last cut, i got a greaser style pomp haircut and paid 21 with tip.

The black guys at Blades also do great work but its around 27 bucks over there.
        harry/harout

Comment

$40 but can walk in and not have to wait most of the time and there is not any ghetto or old people to annoy me.

Comment

My mommy cuts my hair.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Get it done by my friends sister for $25 with tip at a salon. That includes a wash and condition but no shave. I usually shave right before I get it cut then grow it out till my hair needs trimming again.
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                I've been avoiding getting my haircut and I can't decide what I want to do with mine...
                Purple Mohawk. Or maybe crimson if you want to show some school pride.

Comment

$400 because rich tycoon
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                    when I use to get haircuts it was $35 with tip. Shampoo and cut. But havent gotten a hair cut in more then a year. Saving up for a IS lip.
                    Hahaha

I buzz my own for free

Comment

I don't have good hair. I pay my friends wife who is also a good friend of mine to cut it. She works at a nice salon but only charges me $15, with tip it's $20. Not bad for a great haircut plus shampoo and it's nice that I don't have to describe what I want to her over and over.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
                        Hahaha

I buzz my own for free

Same here. Been doin' it that way for years. Come to think of it, I can't recall the last time I paid for a hair cut :nice:
                        Rides...
                        1991 325i - sold :(
                        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

one word "Timeless"
                          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Through highschool, i got it done for free by my friend Rachel. She was in cosmo. Now that we're graduated she works at salon and it costs $15 dollars for the shampoo hairwash (oh yeah i love getting my head massaged in the hot water) and the haircut.

Sometimes i go to this cool barber, Scot, that has an interesting shop. I go to him when i need something quick. Sometimes hes drinking while he does it to, and offers beers to customers. I need to be 21...
                            Originally posted by Sagaris
                            He wasn't around because he spent 7 years in jail for assault. There was a group of guys doing a 24v swap on someones car and one of the neighbor kids came over and starting too many questions. Tempers flared, sawzalls did work, and he cut the kids leg off. The victim later joined this forum under the name "5toes".

Comment

I trim my own... #3-4 always!

Comment

last few years I have buzzed mine. Having a slowly receding hairline sucks. Lol
                                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Working...
                                X