No announcement yet.

Haircuts. Where and how much $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent $20 each time. The lady who cuts my hair is the same person who gave me my first hair cut, I haven't looked for another barber/hairdresser since. She does a great job, and will do anything from a buzz cut to a bunch of styling. Usually get my hair cut every 1-3 months depending on my mood.

She won't accept tips though, so $20 is tip included I guess?
    320I - under construction

Comment

cut it myself, the viet lady who used to cut it was no more skilled than I am

Comment

used to pay 20 bucks every 2 weeks, now I just let my brother do it. Fade the sides and barely trim the top with an 8. Then come it all to the side. It actually comes out really good.
        (and when I used to pay 20 they would always do it weird so I usually just went home and buzzed it. waste of money..)

Comment

What is this haircut you speak of ?

Originally posted by Good & Tight
          It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
            What is this haircut you speak of ?

I too, am confused over this "haircut" you speak of..
            ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

^^^ I haven't had a haircut in 6 or so years.......

Comment

around 25 give or take a few bucks. Don't have facial hair yet so can't get a hot shave:(
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr00v3 View Post
                  if you're in socal, you are doing yourself a disservice by not going to Ralph's Barber Shop in Pomona.

Ralph's is a real gem. It's been around for decades, and is now manned by Ralph's son, Rick, who is now grooming his son, Bryson, to take over when Rick retires.

True barber shop, all the dirty talk, and vulgarity that ensues when men get together, but as soon as a woman walks in, it's all quiet and gentlemanly.

Rick knows almost everyone by name, by my third visit, we were talking like old chums. He looks like a big scary guy, but truth is, he's one of the nicest men I've ever met. Last Christmas, he gave me a jar of his own brewed Moonshine. Also to, he's invited me over to his house for BBQ and Smoked Rips countless times. He has even become good friends with my GF. Even better, if I go later in the day before he closes, he'll usually pop open a beer and hand one over to me to drink while he's cutting my hair.

The best part, I wear an old school pompadour, and he grew up with the greasers, his father was an OG greaser, and Rick cuts a mean pomp.

All for $10. He will even use a straight razor to clean up your sideburns and neck. For $5 more, he'll take a hot towel to your face, and shave it with a straight razor.

If you're within an hour of Ralph's Barber Shop, check him out, and tell him Karlo sent you, the Asian with the Pompadour, He'll know who you're talking about.
                  dude i go to school at cal poly pomona and have been wondering where a good place is to get a cut up here forever! thanks man I will definitely check this out ASAP! fat chance its right down the street and you mentioned it
                  Instagram:@himynameskevin
                  sigpic

Flickr!

Comment

Going today reminded me of this thread. $22 gets me an amazing cut and razor blade and hot lather to the back of the neck for what is left and then if I am in a "fuck my facial hair mood" she'll even take the straight razor to the face and neck.

The lady I go to owns her own small place 20 minutes from my house in quiet CT land and has been doing it for 40 years. Sadly she's approaching 60 now and she worries within the decade arthiris would have the best of her and her business will be done for.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

When I lived with my parents I went to Anawood Barbers in Anaheim. Angel and Gilbert opened that shop in 1960 and were in the same location, with the same amount of chairs for 40+ years. I went there for fifteen years. Angel became sick and passed away. Gilbert got a little cuckoo and would stop cutting hair, walk over to Spires and get a rice pudding or something, leaving someone in the chair and several people waiting. Or he would go outside and use the pay phone to call and pay his utility bills, again, leaving someone in the chair and people waiting. Me and all the other regulars put up with it because he was a nice guy who did good work for a good price. He passed away, too. :(

Now I go to the Vietnamese-owned and operated salon that cuts mens hair as a necessary evil. For people like me that get a clipper cut, a process that lasts no longer than 10 minutes including shampoo, it seems fair to pay $11 including tip. That said, based on what seems to be the norm for r3v, I may bump that up to a $5 tip. I get a haircut every three weeks, so maybe not :p

I am pleasantly surprised that you guys are good tippers. A little shocked, actually ;)
                      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

bathroom, 0$

Comment

Originally posted by GodIse30 View Post
                          I cut my own hair. Ha! I'm thinking about going to a legitimate salon though, my skill is subpar.
                          My friend just cut my hair yesterday, I hate it.
                          sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                          1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                          1991 318is - Sold
                          1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

i typically let various girlfriends/friends cut it once i get sick of the length. it's free and i trust them, plus if worse comes to worse, i'll just buzz it down to a 3 and start fresh!

Comment

just got my hair cut today at a little chinese barber shop, $12 and the barber took a straight razor to the back of my neck. I declined the hot towel, however. $5 tip and on my way
                              BRUTE

Comment

My wife's cousin owns a salon, if I try and pay more than $15 she will cancel the debit transaction. I also buy hair products from her and she only lets me pay cost. If it cost me triple that for a haircut, I'd still do it though. Once you experience a great cut from someone who is making a career out of this you will never go back to the Best Buy employee equivalent of a hairdresser.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X