Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drumad View Post
    Oooo a thread I can contribute to.

531, 2nd cycle, 1s week this week. DL day today and 415 was my 1+ set. I completely waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing failed to pull it. Poop. Stupid bc I pulled 405x5 my last cycle. Anywho, here's a video of me pulling a single 405 with garbage form.

ass down, ASS DOWN! Load the hamstrings homie!

Actually, here's a video of tonight's failure.
    Dang man, that was so freakin close! LOCK DAT OUT!
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by DuxNW View Post
      Nice. I'm on my first cycle of 531 week 6. Never lifted before. Was chubby and weak.
      Down to 205lbs now

Bench and ohp lagging due to having a jacked up shoulder. Rotator cuff injury when I was younger.

245 DL x 3
      255 almost atgs lol
      145 bench, yes I know.
      95 ohp

Im having a blast tho. Lifting is acyually fun when you have a system etc
      How are you on week six of 5/3/1? are you not lifting 4 times a week? When talking about 5/3/1 its easier for people that know it to use what cycle your on, the 5, 3 or 1 or deload cycle.

I would stick with this program personally. I have lifted and powerlifted for a long time and look up to Jim Wendler for developing this program. This program is designed for you to be constantly hitting pr's, lifting in the 50-90% load range and not burning yourself out.

Do box squats, if you don't know what they are look them up. use them to measure your squat weight. it teaches great form that allows you to load your hamstrings. Building your rear lower posterior chain will flow right into bigger numbers on the deadlift.

If you rate your progress on numbers your going to get mad and hurt yourself. it's taken me a long time to get over that. we are all built differently and function differently. Lifting is a battle with yourself, no one else. keep it up.

Pain is weakness leaving the body!
      sigpic

Comment

I gianed 45 pounds so lifting my fat ass off the toilt is a power lift squat!When i was 27 worked out allot.Early 30's could bench 300 twice.now 40 years old I can barley lift my cat.I have week back now from my week core muscles .I have not worked out in years.For me I would be careful doing that just takes one injury and your screwed.I can see you r short so should help in your back muscles .best to you be careful!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I lift bro's..

I run Texas Method/Bill Starr program with a little oly tossed in at 3 days per week. Have been for about a year and a half now.
          Here are my 1RM's now for my current frame at 6'2 175lbs lean. All lifts are full movement none of that half or quarter rep bullshit i'm wondering if some of you do looking at your stats.

Squat - 275
          Deadlift - 385
          OHP - 125
          Bench - 165 (puke i hate bench)
          C&J - 155
          Snatch - 111
          Jerk press - 185

Clean and jerk is getting really clean I just dont focus on it at all, more like an acceossry. My snatch form is terrible though. Working on it though.

Side note:
          What kind of shoes are you guys lifting in?

I ordered thesse. Like em good enough! Really wanted the Adipowers though but couldnt justify the cash.
          Last edited by scabzzzz; 06-19-2013, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I have a pair of rogue do wins as apparent in my DL vids. Best. Purchase. Ever.

The Rehband knee sleeves are a very close second.

edit: Just read, you're 6'2" and 175? Screw me. I'm 6'2" but 235 lbs. I'd love to be as lean as you but I do not want to lose any strength. Such is the problem with training.
            2008 335i - n54b30
            1991 318i - m52b28
            1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I have a pair of rogue do wins as apparent in my DL vids. Best. Purchase. Ever.

The Rehband knee sleeves are a very close second.

edit: Just read, you're 6'2" and 175? Screw me. I'm 6'2" but 235 lbs. I'd love to be as lean as you but I do not want to lose any strength. Such is the problem with training.
              Ive been "working out" my whole life, being into sports and stuff. Before oly and powerlifting, I cycled a lot and rode a track bike. My quads and hamis were waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing massive so I immediately could squat and DL a lot. Upper body is "slow gaining". I also run a keto type diet so I dont gain much like I should if I was bulking...

Comment

Keto is awesome for what it's for. I went from 240 to 215 on it. It absolutely sucks for strength/mass building though.
                2008 335i - n54b30
                1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Keto is awesome for what it's for. I went from 240 to 215 on it. It absolutely sucks for strength/mass building though.
                  I was able to continue on through with Texas Method, but man did it waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing destroy my energy level. I've learned that you cant cut and bulk at the same time. You do both and you get half the results on each end. Bummer.

Keto took me from 185 to 170 and i lost zero muscle mass and its staying off even on a "shitty" diet again aka i eat carbs again but more like Paleo style carbs.

Comment

I technically did cyclical keto with carb refeeds from Friday night to Sunday morning. Sorta keeps your sanity but then again, once you get used to keto, it's not difficult at all.

I'd like to start carb cycling eventually with heavy carbs on lower body days, med carbs on upper body days, and no/low carbs on rest days.
                    2008 335i - n54b30
                    1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

I technically did cyclical keto with carb refeeds from Friday night to Sunday morning. Sorta keeps your sanity but then again, once you get used to keto, it's not difficult at all.

I'd like to start carb cycling eventually with heavy carbs on lower body days, med carbs on upper body days, and no/low carbs on rest days.
                      Ideally thats the probably the best way to go about it. Especially if you strength train only 3-4 days a week.

What other gear are you using? Are you doing any oly lifts to supplements gains?
                      Speaking of gains, what are you guys using supplement wise?

Comment

I jog with two 120lb barbells.
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                          Ideally thats the probably the best way to go about it. Especially if you strength train only 3-4 days a week.

What other gear are you using? Are you doing any oly lifts to supplements gains?
                          Speaking of gains, what are you guys using supplement wise?
                          Typically my weeks go something like this, very close to the Simple Strength template in 5/3/1 2nd Edition. If I'm feeling good that week, I go with my buddy to his crossfit box (yeah, I know, but it's the only place with bumper plates) to do oly lifts. Snatches, power cleans, etc.

M - OHP 5/3/1, Close Grip Bench, Kroc Rows, Face Pulls, Bi/Tri, Cardio
                          T - DL 5/3/1, Front Squat, Ham Work, Calf Work (vanity oh yeah!), Abs, Cardio
                          R - Bench 5/3/1, Incline Bench, Pull Ups, Face Pulls, Bi/Tri, Cardio
                          F - Squat 5/3/1, Stiff Legged DL, Ham Work, Calf Work, Abs, Cardio

Cardio usually consists of rowing 5000m or various prowler work. Fun stuff.

I made my own prework. Consists of (*pills, rest are powders):
                          • 5g Creatine
                          • 8g Citrulline Malate
                          • 5g Beta Alanine
                          • 1.5g Acetyl L Carnitine*
                          • 200mg caffeine*
                          • ??g theanine, can't remember*
                          • ??g tyrosine*
                          • 5g leucine
                          Everyday I take Gaspari Anavite for my multi and NOW foods Omega for the fish oils. I also try to intake my protein through food as much as possible but if I fail I take Dymatize whey.
                          2008 335i - n54b30
                          1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

This is where all my power comes from...........

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                              I jog with two 120lb barbells.
                              Jog!? Im gonna go ahead and say no you dont on this :)

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                                This is where all my power comes from...........

I started with chucks and still use them sometimes when not squatting or oly. They really are the best aside from traditional oly shoes!

Comment

Working...
                                X