No announcement yet.

anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just drop my heals on some 10lbs plates when I squat, boom oly shoes.
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

here is a good article about OLY shoes.

You won’t see a Weightlifter lift in anything other than specialized Olympic Weightlifting shoes. And that’s because of the benefits that Weightlifting shoes
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
        I just drop my heals on some 10lbs plates when I squat, boom oly shoes.
        Its really not the same man. Besides, thats only cool if all you do is squat. Pretty essential for clean and jerk and snatch. I really need to hear that contact of my feet on the hardwoods to signify the intensity I'm putting into it.

Thats a really good article tho Vedubbin. I've read it before.
        PS - Talia from LBEB lives and works down the street from me. :)
        Last edited by scabzzzz; 06-20-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Going to keep this thread alive.

1s week, squaterday. Hit a new rep PR, 295x4. Makes up for that missed 415 DL pull.
          2008 335i - n54b30
          1991 318i - m52b28
          1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Into aesthetic lifting.

I don't really care how much I lift, as long as I achieve the physical appearance I have in my mind.

That being said, I know a decent amount about picking up heavy things and putting them back down. My greatest joy is getting somebody motivated and into lifting, no matter what their personal goals are.

On that note, its time to lift with a friend, who I happened to motivate into lifting, who is now my roommate. Good times.

P.S. If you don't own Arnolds Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, 25 dollars on Amazon should be spent as soon as possible.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
              Into aesthetic lifting.

I don't really care how much I lift, as long as I achieve the physical appearance I have in my mind.

That being said, I know a decent amount about picking up heavy things and putting them back down. My greatest joy is getting somebody motivated and into lifting, no matter what their personal goals are.

On that note, its time to lift with a friend, who I happened to motivate into lifting, who is now my roommate. Good times.

P.S. If you don't own Arnolds Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, 25 dollars on Amazon should be spent as soon as possible.

great book.

Im in the same boat as you. Aesthetics. I used to try and powerlift, but i have no reason to anymore. (other than bragging or something)

Comment

yea I dont see the point of powerlifting. I think your gonna spend so much time at the gym, should at least see the results and be ripped.

I'm 154lbs

DL 315
                Squat 225
                Last edited by ///M42 sport; 06-23-2013, 06:42 PM.
                Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                  yea I dont see the point of powerlifting. I think your gonna spend so much time at the gym, should at least see the results and be ripped.

I'm 154lbs

DL 315
                  Squat 225
                  1rm? im about the same lol. 150~ 5"9

Comment

For the record, being a powerlifter didn't mean you have to be fat and out of shape. A good friend just squatted over 1000lbs. Weighs 276 and is in the 10%bf range.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                      For the record, being a powerlifter didn't mean you have to be fat and out of shape. A good friend just squatted over 1000lbs. Weighs 276 and is in the 10%bf range.
                      also for the record... i dont think anyone believes powerlifters are "fat and out of shape".

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post
                        1rm? im about the same lol. 150~ 5"9
                        whats 1rm?

Ive never maxed on deadlifting or squats

I'm 5'9

Deadlift 315, 3-5 times per set depending on if its a good day.
                        I hate squats. do 225, 5 times per set.

Comment

whats 1rm?

Ive never maxed on deadlifting or squats

I'm 5'9

Deadlift 315, 3-5 times per set depending on if its a good day.
                          I hate squats. do 225, 5 times per set.
                          1 rep max, sry

My rep range for DL is like 185 for 6-8 reps.

Squats is less b/c my hip is kinda waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed. like 165-175 for 6 most sets.

FULL rep range on my squats. I hate half reps. I usually try and go ass to grass, especially on front squats.

Comment

I dont max cuz I never have a spotter.

ass to grass proy tears up your knees in long run. I usually go parallel to ground on squats

Comment

SQUATS!!!

Don't skimp on these. do them in a squat rack with a bar stop and go heavy if you don't have a spotter. Box squats will rock your legs and lower back, but I have seen monumental gains with my deads.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm 154lbs

DL 315
                                Squat 225
                                You've basically let us know you have zero clue of what you're talking about and you're lying on your numbers. 2xbody weight and even more? You must be a genetic freak at 154lbs of solid aesthetic muscle bloat.

Im visualizing a half ass rep on your squats, and arm curling while you deadlift so you can acquire your temporary aesthetics... Sound about right?
                                I see lots of you in the gym :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X