anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
    do they make clothes for muscle dudes, anyone know? My waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing thighs are pinched tight in my pants and the waist is waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing loose it blows.
    How big are you?
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

also remember Work=Force x Distance so just because of a weight number doesn't mean your stronger.
      "I wanna see da boat movie"
      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

The reason I ask, is I have bought pants at the big and tall stores before. They're designed for bigger people, tend to fit much better unlike other stores where I have to go up on a waist size to find leg openings that fit. Most places consider bigger guys (muscular like me) that where the sizes I do...FATTIES. clothes shopping sucks.
        sigpic

Comment

6'3" 230lbs last I checked on Friday. Built like Adrian Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
            The reason I ask, is I have bought pants at the big and tall stores before. They're designed for bigger people, tend to fit much better unlike other stores where I have to go up on a waist size to find leg openings that fit. Most places consider bigger guys (muscular like me) that where the sizes I do...FATTIES. clothes shopping sucks.
            that's what I'm waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing talking about. Think there is a market there for this shit? I'll have to look into it.

Comment

you're a lot like me, few inches taller. I tend to buy my shirts and stuff from places like Flag nor Fail, Tapout, billabong hurley ect. I need large fitted shirts otherwise it makes me look fat because the shoulders fit but I'll have 40 cubic feet of extra material around my mid section that parachutes out every freakin time the wind blows.....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                that's what I'm waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing talking about. Think there is a market there for this shit? I'll have to look into it.
                well usually men that have large quads and hamstrings (areas) have even larger waists.....obese America.
                sigpic

Comment

Very possible. My brother inlaw isn't very insulin sesitive so the carb or bcaa loading doesn't work for him. He uses keto. You need to up your fats. try to eat a gram of fat per lbs. of body weight. Since you are eliminating carbs your body goes into ketosis, you're now using fat for energy. Fat is inefficient energy, meaning you burn it faster them carbs, so you need more to make gains.

I would highly suggest you look into CBL (Carb backloading). get the book read and enjoy. I used it last year with crazy results. It does take dedication to a diet and I don't have to time now. But it allow freedom.
                  I understand how ketosis works, but damn dude I'm eating like a beast. Its not uncommon for me to sit down and eat an entire rotisserie chicken and a couple sides of greens in one sitting and feel un-full. Like last night, did ground turkey nachos (without chips, basically a nacho salad) with tons of cheese and dairy and easily a whole pound of chicken and turkey and wasnt even full. Still cant gain any freakin weight. I run Bill Starr/Texas Method 5x5 so its not like Im poosy-footin around in the gym. Where is it going?!?!?!

Ill read some carb loading books though. Ive touched on it before but need to dive mroe in detail. I've also been really interested in reading this book:
                  See what BodyBuilding.com has to say about Paleo for Lifters (scroll to the bottom after clicking). In late 2007 I shifted my training focus from two years of  “bodybuilding style stuff&…

Comment

your meat intake is to lean for keto. you need beef and steak, meats that carry more fat. Substitute some of that chicken and turkey for ground beef.
                    sigpic

Comment

your meat intake is to lean for keto. you need beef and steak, meats that carry more fat. Substitute some of that chicken and turkey for ground beef.
                      Fair enough. Thanks dude.

Comment

mono-saturated fats are your friend with diets that require fat for energy. don't freak about cholesterol either, with low carb intake you don't have to worry about that. Carbs are like sponges in your body, that why if you don't stay active people feel bloated because they hold water and fat, you eliminate carbs, body goes straight to the fat for burning.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, if you're not gaining weight, you're simply not eating enough. I'm sure you already do, but track them macros as best you can. You should probably be eating at least 500 Cal over your TDEE.

Anywho, taking it easy/light as hell this week. My body feels beat up and my joints are achy. Sets of 5 at 40%, 50% and 60% for all my big lifts and half reps on my asst work. Also have a 5k obstacle course on saturday, lol, what is cardio.
                          2008 335i - n54b30
                          1991 318i - m52b28
                          1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I'm a collegiate rower currently in the off-season.
                            For the last month, I have done very little cardio, ie: barely any cycling and No rowing machine (ergometer) at all.
                            Will be picking that back up at the beginning of July.
                            In the meantime, I've been benchpressing, and doing other barbell and dumbbell workouts.
                            I do a pyramid every other day for the bench, and follow each bench sesh with roughly an hour of dumbbell/barbell lifting (3 set platform for each one)
                            Since I do my upperbody every OTHER day, I do cycling in between.
                            I try to finish everyday with some abs/core circuits.

I haven't ran since February, when I hurt my back.
                            This is bad, but at the same time, my cardio has been in the best shape of my life this past 12 months, as I have been able to set my own P.R's on the rowing machine.

My last 6,000 meter (fall season) on the rowing machine was done in 20:50.4
                            My last 2,000 meter (spring season sprints) on the rowing machine was done in 6:29.8

I am 6' 2", and weigh around 183 lbs. My target weight for the end of the summer is near 190.
                            My target bench is to pass 200 lbs, I am currently at a 165 max, doing 3 reps.

All this speaking of me doing little do no erging (rowing machine) is troubling me though.
                            Think I'll hit the gym tomorrow and do a 20 min just because... ;)

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Sounds like another case of I don't do legs bc "I don't need to since I bike/play soccer/row/run."

Want to throw some weight on? Squat and deadlift. If you do already and didn't say any of it, I'm an asshole.
                              2008 335i - n54b30
                              1991 318i - m52b28
                              1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                                My guess is that your 225x5 you claim to squat would go down to about 155 MAYBE if you even have the flexibility to begin with to achieve a full range squat movement.

Troll
                                what do i have to prove to you or anyone else on here? It would've taken me more time to make up those numbers. I've been working out for 15 years regularly. I dont have the mass cuz I dont take supplements and look like I'm full of water balloons. Half of lifting is just being in the mindset.

I see guys all day long go in the gym, goofing off, talking while they in the middle of sets. In my opinion, they are wasting their fking time. You can lift so much more if you get in the zone.

I see guys do 225 squats all day. why is that hard to believe. If anything, I dont think 225 on squats is that impressive. My legs arent even that big and are my weakest part of my body.
                                Last edited by ///M42 sport; 06-24-2013, 07:32 PM.
                                Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                                http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X