X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never had an issue with anything from HF, ever

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
      Combine this guy with the above and you will have a killer package. I did drill out the holes in the ends that the rod passes through though. With weight on it, it was rubbing there a bit and making things very hard to turn. I also welded a nut on the end on the handle side so I could use an electric drill to turn it.
      Is this the same one? http://www.harborfreight.com/2-Ton-C...ler-60659.html

Looking to pick that up tomorrow.

What do we think of these floor jacks? I've heard the aluminum one they sell is junk, although it looks just like the one summit, etc. sells, so I dunno. Seems like the steel ones are mostly approved. Anyone here have experience with these?

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        What do we think of these floor jacks? I've heard the aluminum one they sell is junk, although it looks just like the one summit, etc. sells, so I dunno. Seems like the steel ones are mostly approved. Anyone here have experience with these?

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-ton-...ump-68049.html
        I have the 2.5 ton one. I think I got it for $80 with a coupon. No complaints.
        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Yep hf floor jacks are awesome same with all there press's and cherry pickets

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Torque wrenches? Mig welders? Paint guns? Anyone have any experiance with these from HF?

Comment

Just dont

really you have to ask this

Primer only, or anything you dont care what the finish looks like or your going to sand the shit out of
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

would you really trust something, that with a coupon, would cost less than a single ARP head stud that you'd use to torque it down with? the answer should be no. buy a sunex torque wrench if you're trying to ball on a budget, gearwrench is a decent midgrade wrench

i hear the HF welders actually do work (kind of), but their duty cycles are so horrible that it takes almost no amount of welding to overheat them. replacement parts are also unavailable. spend an extra $200 and get a hobart welder, they're pretty nice machines for the price

they're hard to get running right, but i had not terrible results with a HF style paint gun

on a side note i bought their SAE 10 piece 3/4" drive socket set over the weekend, as they were somehow the only store to stock a 1 13/16" socket (pulling hubs on an e36). took the 250 ft/lb nut off no problem, i don't see how there could be with that much metal though

Comment

Originally posted by _JDizzle_ View Post
                  Torque wrenches? Mig welders? Paint guns? Anyone have any experiance with these from HF?
                  The torque wrenches are generally accurate and worth it if you can't afford an expensive one.

Comment

I just picked up their 3.5 cubic foot cement mixer for my bathroom remodel projects and a little work I plan for the back yard this summer. I have to say aside from the horrible assembly instructions and the bolts being in the incorrectly labeled bags the machine is pretty good. I mixed the concrete to repair around my replaced drain and was very happy with its ability to mix 3 60 lb bags at a time. I will be mixing some self leveler in it this weekend and expect the same or better results.

Their list is $300 always seems to be on sale from $200-250 range, I found a 30% off coupon code online and got free shipping so I paid around $160 delivered, I am very satisfied for the cost. Shoot when I'm done with the walkway and the bathrooms I could probably still sell it for $100-150 minimum on craigslist.
                    2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Bumping this pls.

Anyone have experience with the small metal brakes or English wheel or any other metal forming tools from HF?
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I have one of their 1/4" torque wrences, I have used it 1/2 dozzen times and checked it against a digital one. It was in spec. I am sure to release all torque on it when not using it though.

I also just bought their LED light bar for under the car hood. Works great, cordless, and has two brightness settings. Only thing i didnt like is when the battery ran out, it just shut off. Not sure there is anything that anyone could do about that

Comment

Fyi, their snap ring pliers set is horrible. Unstable and flimsy. But, it's $3.99.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yeah, their snap ring pliers are not worth it at all. After buying like 3 or 4 and being frustrated every time I used them, I dropped $30 on a real set made with thick steel. Using them is a snap.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                              Bumping this pls.

Anyone have experience with the small metal brakes or English wheel or any other metal forming tools from HF?

My father has the English wheel and "planishing hammer."

I've used them to form sheet metal parts for e30's and motorcycles. The hammer is worthless, but with enough practice I have had decent luck with the wheel.

Especially for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                                Bumping this pls.

Recently bought the shrinker/stretcher combo in preparation for rust repair on one of the Miatas. I've only played around with them on scraps so far but seems like they'll be more than fine for my needs.

Also picked up the electric metal shears (the heavier duty one of theirs) and it did just fine slicing through some 18ga steel. I think it's rated to 16ga but that might be pushing it.

I was interested in the 30" bench top brake they have, but I don't like how the piece you're working is just clamped down with a separate piece of steel and c clamps. I'm thinking I might bite the bullet and go for the freestanding 36" job, but not sure if I want to give up the floor space for it. Could just keep slumming it with the vise but I figure it's time to step up!
                                '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                                '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Working...
                                X