Does a TRUE e30 enthusiast need to wrench on their cars?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nando
    replied
    the E90 guys are too afraid to change light bulbs. it's fucking annoying. Anything remotely difficult and they take it to a shop - wouldn't want to get any dirt under their fingernails!

    what gets me is this - the same people complain about not having any money, especially car guys who want to do mods. But then they pay $1000 in labor to install $200 worth of parts, because they don't want to turn a screwdriver or chip their nails.

    the car isn't even difficult to work on. Most of the "problems" can be solved sitting on your ass with a laptop plugged into the car, and even that is too difficult for most people.

    Leave a comment:


  • noid
    replied
    I always chuckle when I go to car meets and the E36/E46/E39 guys are talking about rims, how much they wax their car, and how they took it to the local shop to get XYZ done.

    Then you get to the E21/E28/E30 guys and they are talking about what THEY have done to their car.

    Leave a comment:


  • willworkfore30s
    replied
    Were I mega rich, I would still have cars that I would work on myself. But I would have cars that I paid people to work on as well. I would most likely pay someone to do things like brake jobs and other monotonous maintenance and I would do the more enjoyable jobs. I would imagine that I would hire a mechanic to look after all my cars and he and I would work together on them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ether-D
    replied
    Iffin' I was real rich, I'd still do the work. I'd just be able to afford the expensive shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • ttrousdell
    replied
    To me a car enthusiast and a gear head are different. I know a lot of people that claim to be "car enthusiasts" that dont work on anything. A gear head knows about the inner workings of his car and does at least some work on his car.
    Even if i was mega rich i would be working on my car. I get satisfaction telling people "i built that"

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I'd still work on them.

    Where's the fun in just paying someone to do the work?

    Real enthusiasts get their hands dirty.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    This thread needs a poll.

    Leave a comment:


  • Does a TRUE e30 enthusiast need to wrench on their cars?

    I had this conversation with a buddy of mine the other day.

    To be a car enthusiast, one would assume they like to work on their cars.
    A true gear head to me, is someone who gets their hands dirty, and knuckles beatup working on their rides.
    It's an extension of themselves.

    If you were mega rich, would you still do your own work on your E30 (or any other car for that matter?)

    or just say f'k it let the pro's do it and just turn the key and hoon about....?

    -inquiring minds
Working...