Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
    ih8mud
    Great forum, but very solid axle biased. People there love cutting off the IFS and welding on a solid axle.

ttora is a good one. I used to be a part of yotatech. Good info still there, but the leadership of the community is harsh. T
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

t4r.org is pretty good for 4runner info.

I like Ih8mud.... and yeah the most active areas I have seen in the short time I have been there is the FJ80/FJ60/FJ40 sections all solid front axle set ups.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

What's the consensus on the second generation Toyota Tundra?

Instagram
        sigpic
        Current: 99 M3
        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Maybe with the exception of the current gen tundra a full size truck is where I would be looking in the domestic realm of the big 3.

Especially if your planing on doing any kind heavy work with it, but if your just planing on using it as a grocery getter, or taking the kids to and from soccer practice, with 3-5 trips a year to the home improvement emporium where you intend to procure 2 sheets of 1/2" ply, 4 & 1/3 2"x4"s, 1 3lb box of screws, a shitter tank repair kit, tube of glue and a can of paint ( or similar shopping list) you should be fine.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Maybe with the exception of the current gen tundra a full size truck is where I would be looking in the domestic realm of the big 3.

Especially if your planing on doing any kind heavy work with it, but if your just planing on using it as a grocery getter, or taking the kids to and from soccer practice, with 3-5 trips a year to the home improvement emporium where you intend to procure 2 sheets of 1/2" ply, 4 & 1/3 2"x4"s, 1 3lb box of screws, a shitter tank repair kit, tube of glue and a can of paint ( or similar shopping list) you should be fine.
            It wouldn't be a heavy worker regularly. 3-5 trips to the dump, 3-5 trips to Home Depot, and hopefully a deer or two this fall, would be the most if hauls annually.

Tundra's seem to hold their value well so I figured it must be a pretty good truck.

What makes you suggest a truck from the big 3 over a Tundra?
            Instagram
            sigpic
            Current: 99 M3
            Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

here is my 15 DCLB TRD Sport. daily driver. never thought I would own a truck and a Japanese one at that. love it, for how simple it is and how easy to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                It wouldn't be a heavy worker regularly. 3-5 trips to the dump, 3-5 trips to Home Depot, and hopefully a deer or two this fall, would be the most if hauls annually.

Tundra's seem to hold their value well so I figured it must be a pretty good truck.

What makes you suggest a truck from the big 3 over a Tundra?
                He loves america.

I would suggest the Toyota. All of the big three have their drawbacks. I would only buy an American made if I needed a Diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                  He loves america.

I would suggest the Toyota. All of the big three have their drawbacks. I would only buy an American made if I needed a Diesel.
                  Yep, if it can't tow 3 747's and haul a ton of dirt at the same time, it's not a truck according to mrsleeve.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

If I needed a truck but for light duty, can't beat a Ranger. Talk about tried and true.

If I were to ditch the 4Runner or it got totalled, I would be looking at an early 70s Ford to beat smog and for the 400M.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      Yep, if it can't tow 3 747's and haul a ton of dirt at the same time, it's not a truck according to mrsleeve.
                      dont bring that shit up again!:hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                        dont bring that shit up again!:hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
                          here is my 15 DCLB TRD Sport. daily driver. never thought I would own a truck and a Japanese one at that. love it, for how simple it is and how easy to work on.

very nice truck Yan, I never understood why people buy the double cable and DON'T get the long bed. Might as well just buy a 4 Runner in my opinion. The only thing that kept me from buying a double cab was I couldn't find one that was standard, I don't think it was ever offered.
                          -Dee
                          5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                          IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                            If I needed a truck but for light duty, can't beat a Ranger. Talk about tried and true.
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

We bought a 5.7L '08 Double Cab, TRD Tundra brand new.
                              Put 110k miles on it over 6 years - and about 60% of that was with a loaded 24' enclosed car trailer, or a twin engine powerboat on a ~34' trailer.

Flawless.
                              No break downs, ever.
                              Gas, Oil, filters. Done.

12MPG hauling at 75mph
                              15-16MPG unloaded

Only sold it last year to replace with another brand new Tundra.
                              We drove F250's, F350's, Chevy HD's, GMC's... etc. They all drove like a truck. If you want a to have the shit kicked out of you because it feels more manly to ride in a rough (oh, sorry, RUGGED) truck, than a Big 3 is your game. Or if you want a diesel, then yeah, Big 3.

If you want a truck that can do almost everything a Big 3 machine can do, but still be comfy in for 11 hour tow days, buy a Tundra.

For the price difference of a Tundra vs. a Tacoma, there's no real reason not to buy the Tundra.

Or, if you want to be 'merican, go try a new F150 V6 Ecoboost. The Limited is hands down one of the nicest Big 3 trucks I've ever been in.

-Chris
                              Last edited by UNHCLL; 10-11-2015, 05:53 PM.
                              Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                                We bought a 5.7L '08 Double Cab, TRD Tundra brand new.
                                Put 110k miles on it over 6 years - and about 60% of that was with a loaded 24' enclosed car trailer, or a twin engine powerboat on a ~34' trailer.

Flawless.
                                No break downs, ever.
                                Gas, Oil, filters. Done.

12MPG hauling at 75mph
                                15-16MPG unloaded

Only sold it last year to replace with another brand new Tundra.
                                We drove F250's, F350's, Chevy HD's, GMC's... etc. They all drove like a truck. If you want a to have the shit kicked out of you because it feels more manly to ride in a rough (oh, sorry, RUGGED) truck, than a Big 3 is your game. Or if you want a diesel, then yeah, Big 3.

If you want a truck that can do almost everything a Big 3 machine can do, but still be comfy in for 11 hour tow days, buy a Tundra.

For the price difference of a Tundra vs. a Tacoma, there's no real reason not to buy the Tundra.

Or, if you want to be 'merican, go try a new F150 V6 Ecoboost. The Limited is hands down one of the nicest Big 3 trucks I've ever been in.

-Chris
                                I know people who had good luck with theirs also. One guy had the throttle stick and put it in the ditch ( um panic? Turn it off..)

I bought a brand new 07 dbl cab with 5.7 and trouble right from the start. I won't get into the details but I ended up having to take it to three dealers to have issues dealt with properly.
                                4 power steering high pressure switches, entire front diff, water pump, clock, transmission that randomly decides not to shift, rusty rear bumper, and more. Most was covered under warranty luckily but I was really hoping for a good truck that I could drive for 15 yrs. It was a bit disappointing.

Some of the tsb scare me a bit too. Like having to replace the frame because they rust so bad. Yes entire frame.
                                The air pump and associated valves are pricey.

I know I bought the first model year and they had bugs to work out. Some shit still ain't right. I hope that they have improved overall.

I think they are all flawed in their own way for so many reasons.
                                sigpic
                                1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Working...
                                X