OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    i didn't watch the video but I've seen that before and iirc that dude was towing a trailer offroad and like attempting to blast whoops.
    That'd be news to me, source?

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

That'd be news to me, source?
      I'll find more shit tomorrow but in my brief drunk research here you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0e88b93d105444383298ae5838c520a8.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	9903852

Also don't buy a Tacoma because, by your logic, this may happen to you as well:

Well, a few days ago I hit the desert for some shooting with the boys. Despite being 105° we still managed to have a great time and expend more ammo...

Moral of the story: don't over-drive your stock truck and it won't break.

Also Raptor frames have been bent because of people over driving them. It's all driver error/over confidence.

Stop cherry picking anecdotal cases to make a point.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post

The UZ family of engines are ridiculously robust. Not sure how he managed to blow one tbh. I'd just slap another one in and call it a day. Iirc the only real difference between 1uz and 2uz is variable valve timing.
        We settled on $1200. Just worried about the Japanese UZs vs the US UZs ans piston slap now. Hopefully taking possession of the truck in the next two weeks or so.

PPO installed a winch that caused a radiator leak he kept "topping up"........well see how it plays out but I'm banking on an engine.....
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

7 Days until I head out on a 5-day trip to drive from the US/Mexico border in AZ up to Flagstaff on the AZBDR (primarily dirt roads).

Don't let me be the only one who contributes cool photos to this thread. I am sure the rest of you do cool stuff!
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
            7 Days until I head out on a 5-day trip to drive from the US/Mexico border in AZ up to Flagstaff on the AZBDR (primarily dirt roads).

Don't let me be the only one who contributes cool photos to this thread. I am sure the rest of you do cool stuff!
            Yeah just in the winter blues right now waiting for warm weather to come around...

I did go down to NM a few weeks ago to hang out with some friends. Really enjoying the soft topper life... kinda makes me not want to put the tent back on...

DSC00082 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00085 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00092 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00091 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Nice lambo!

Comment

Finished up a recent 5-day trip with (10) other Tacomas.

Day 2 - AZBDR - 6 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

U.S. and Mexico Border

Day 2 - AZBDR - 24 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Day 3 - AZBDR - 63 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Day 4 - AZBDR - 86 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Day 4 - AZBDR - 107 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Comment

Here is mineClick image for larger version  Name:	q7TKyTG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	9910784

Name:	ZcZEUbE.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	9910786
                  1993 325iC
                  1998 M3
                  1987 535iS

Comment

^

NICE....

Nice to not be the only FZJ on here.... Yours is in much better shape than mine though, but I drive it almost everywhere, its a NE origin rig so its got a bit of rot. I have a Prisnu Rack sitting in the shop I have yet to put together, I picked up from the last Mud Group buy in fall of 16 before Zach sold out, How do you like yours???

Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by arcpolo View Post
                      Here is mineClick image for larger version Name:	q7TKyTG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	9910784

Name:	ZcZEUbE.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	9910786
                      Out of curiosity, what size tires are you running on your 80?

Comment

That's one hot 80. My guess... 37"s?

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

My Luxobarge. Hasn't really changed.

Got an inspection at the dealer, LC500 was parked next to it when I came back to pick it up, so I snapped this and politely said I'll do my own brakes and save $$$$.

I need to get my tint done owned it for years and still haven't. Meant to do it before it hit 100... too late... thanks Corona! I have the hard to find bronze stuff for the front side windows (3 sets actually) to match the bronze factory glass in the rear. Then I'll probably get dark rear windows. And because I live in Phoenix tint the windshield... after I get it replaced but thanks to the insane amount of chips I've picked up thanks to freeway construction I'll wait on that.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                            That's one hot 80. My guess... 37"s?

I concur not much doubt those are 37s. And where is Linus, His 80 would go will in here
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Finally got out of the house and on the trails... Unfortunately it rained a shit ton... Thankfully spike68 bought a fancy awning so we got to chill under that lmao

DSC00239
                              by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00241

DSC00244

DSC00242

DSC00253

DSC00255

Can't wait to get back out on some longer trips.

Comment

Dig!

Hoping to get up north more this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X