No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well boys. Picked up the 2007 Sequoia Limited. "Seized engine" apparently meant broken timing belt. So I may not be out and engine and just have to do some head work. I'm going to slap a belt on it and see what happens. Fingers crossed there's no bent rods. Figure my optimal scenario is getting some junkyard heads and going through them.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
      Well boys. Picked up the 2007 Sequoia Limited. "Seized engine" apparently meant broken timing belt. So I may not be out and engine and just have to do some head work. I'm going to slap a belt on it and see what happens. Fingers crossed there's no bent rods. Figure my optimal scenario is getting some junkyard heads and going through them.
      You've really got your work cut out for yourself. I probably just swap it with a good motor than just trying to disassemble that motor...
      I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

slap another uz in mate
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          slap another uz in mate
          shut up ford boy

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Would totally just put a new engine in that sequoia. Small achievement on my 02 2WD tacoma the other day though, now at 301k

-Dee
            5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
            IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Yeah junkyard 2UZs with VVTI are more than I paid for the truck, by double. Plus I'll have a resealed, known good engine when I'm done. I'm not scared of a rebuild lol. Figure worst case I'll get some heads and rebuild them.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post

shut up ford boy
                ecoboost go woosh
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Well boys. She's fucking fucked mate. Tore down the engine to slap a belt on a time it up to see what needed to be done. Cams wouldn't turn more than a few degrees. Crank still was stuck, only turning about 10 degrees.

So I did what I should have done in the first place. Pulled a plug. Cylinder 1. Then I tried cylinder 3....tried... So I pulled cylinder 2.

1 and two are DEMOLISHED. Three wouldn't come out. From what I can tell the belt was done once (truck has 209k on it). Rollers and WP are all free and smooth, but the tensioner was fully depressed and stuck down. I think it wasn't replaced when the belt was done. So I'm looking for an engine now. Anyone know of any yards within a few hours of central Va with a 2005+ 2uz VVTI?

I'll post carnage pics as they come as a reward.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1782.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	9933543​
                  Last edited by slammin.e28; 06-21-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                    Well boys. She's fucking fucked mate. Tore down the engine to slap a belt on a time it up to see what needed to be done. Cams wouldn't turn more than a few degrees. Crank still was stuck, only turning about 10 degrees.

So I did what I should have done in the first place. Pulled a plug. Cylinder 1. Then I tried cylinder 3....tried... So I pulled cylinder 2.

1 and two are DEMOLISHED. Three wouldn't come out. From what I can tell the belt was done once (truck has 209k on it). Rollers and WP are all free and smooth, but the tensioner was fully depressed and stuck down. I think it wasn't replaced when the belt was done. So I'm looking for an engine now. Anyone know of any yards within a few hours of central Va with a 2005+ 2uz VVTI?

I'll post carnage pics as they come as a reward.....

Name:	IMG_1782.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	9933543​
                    Damn someone must have tried real hard to fuck up a 2uz...

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Oof.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Switched up my truck setup recently. Got rid of the RTT and moved to a Crashpad swag and a topper. Got to test it out this weekend and I'm super happy with it. I also installed a second battery and a fridge in the bed. That's the biggest life changer tbh

DSC00054 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00006 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00033 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Name:	uG0sIVyh.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	9946906

Name:	kXwWshWh.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	9946907

Comment

Cold food and beer storage is boss. Digggg.

Comment

Made it out to Alstrom Point in Southern Utah this past weekend.

Definite bucket list place to visit. Was well worth the travel.

I did not have access to a drone, so these are the best photos of the situation that I could get.

03 - AP by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

02 - AP by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

01 - AP by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Good stuff.

Here's the plan for the next setup in the back of the LX:

Still working out what fridge can work in that spot, how high the platform will be, etc.

More on that front soonish.

Comment

Well I added an overly expensive roof rack and went to Moab (Chapter 69 of why I haven't fixed my E30 yet)

DSC00176 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00202 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00215 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00234 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00275 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00295 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00313 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00334 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00360 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00363 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00400 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00461 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00484 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00494 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00506 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00523 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00527 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00535 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00552 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00558 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00580 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00587 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X