What's your favorite transmission gear?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • King Mufasa
    replied
    2nd gear is where Im at

    Leave a comment:


  • Bmwdayz
    replied
    Coasting

    Originally posted by Das Delfin
    not gonna lie, I do the same. When I first got the car I would coast whenever possible to conserve gas. Oh how times have changed...
    You actually waste more gas coasting(idling) than cruising with the car in gear. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by matthugie
    Apparently no one likes the launch.
    E30s certainly don't.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by matthugie
    Apparently no one likes the launch.
    Not even you, according to the poll...


    Leave a comment:


  • matthugie
    replied
    Apparently no one likes the launch.

    Leave a comment:


  • jhaurimn
    replied
    I like to party.

    2nd

    Leave a comment:


  • IceWhite
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Delfin
    Second feels best when you punch it but third accelerates over a broader range.. I voted 3rd
    This. I also voted 3rd.

    Originally posted by Das Delfin
    not gonna lie, I do the same. When I first got the car I would coast whenever possible to conserve gas. Oh how times have changed...
    This also. Times have changed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    Second

    best for driftos

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    on track, third gear for sure
    This.

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Delfin
    replied
    Originally posted by J.Rizo
    third. I do a lot of street driving and I leave it in third and just cruise high in the rpms like a douche bag.
    not gonna lie, I do the same. When I first got the car I would coast whenever possible to conserve gas. Oh how times have changed...

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    gtfo
    I meant answer #6.. not 6th gear. lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • J.Rizo
    replied
    third. I do a lot of street driving and I leave it in third and just cruise high in the rpms like a douche bag. sounds awesome, can't help it.

    and it's of course the most used gear in (most) canyons. gotta love it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Best_name_available
    replied
    Coming back after a spirited drive I wish I would have voted 3rd. 3rd is good.
    Last edited by Best_name_available; 01-28-2016, 09:50 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    on track, third gear for sure. Feels great to downshift, apex, then track out and roll on throttle.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    If this was a newer BMW forum, 99% of the responses would be #6..
    gtfo

    Leave a comment:

Working...