What's your favorite transmission gear?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    If this was a newer BMW forum, 99% of the responses would be #6..
    or D

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    If this was a newer BMW forum, 99% of the responses would be #6..
    That's why we fight the good fight!

    I'm actually surprised there aren't any first gear dorifto fans yet, I expected some of those.

    Leave a comment:


  • stonea
    replied
    2nd in the ix, 3rd in the Z3, and option 6 in the 325i

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    If this was a newer BMW forum, 99% of the responses would be #6..

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    rob gear.
    No stories of car theft.






    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    rob gear.

    Leave a comment:


  • Das Delfin
    replied
    Second feels best when you punch it but third accelerates over a broader range.. I voted 3rd

    Leave a comment:


  • Best_name_available
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD
    Second gear. Short enough for rapid acceleration, tall enough to almost reach 100km/h.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    I suppose the poll can be E30-focused, but what about other cars you guys (and girls?) drive? I think I'd still say third in the Cortina, but maybe second gear in one of the Ginettas. Sig pic is 6,500rpm in third btw :nice:

    I also think I might have voted second gear for our old iX because it wasn't quite as spirited as my car is.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    2nd for me. I think i can just tag 60mph at 7500. Will easily be able to do that at 8k.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Turd gear for sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Second gear. Short enough for rapid acceleration, tall enough to almost reach 100km/h.

    It's also dependant on driving situation though. If I was thrashing around the hills it would be in third 80% of the time.
    Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 01-28-2016, 09:24 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    2nd here, will probably change with M20 ITB upgrade when im not poor, but as is in 2nd gear M20 feels tite.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    3rd

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    3rd for the same reason. Might change after the s52 swap is in.

    Leave a comment:

Working...