From what I'm reading it sounds like someone should set up a vetting service for E30 sales in much the same way they do for pet adoptions.
While I have checked in on a couple of cars I have sold I generally take the tack that I sold it for a reason and I should be happy to have the money that I collected for it no matter what happens to the car in the end.
Hard to let go of your E30?...*emotions/feelings inside*
Collapse
X
-
while the euro headlights look the best of the three, I quite like the look of the square sealed beams. Though they look best on something like an '86 745. Also you can get hella conversion housings like you can for our cars.That engine in the Volvo is a B21 right? I think you can put the late 80's early 90"s large one piece headlights buckets in there.They should fit,i think they look better (more euroish). You know they make turbo kits for B21 volvo motors right? Just throwing it out there. lolLeave a comment:
-
Got a 87 325e salvage title that runs like a top, had her since 2011. It's hard to sell, especially since I know I won't get much out of it... even though I've done a ton of maintenance.
She has seen her new sister though, 88' 325is NO RUST!Leave a comment:
-
For the last 18 years I have only driven E30s as my daily. I had to go from 2 E30 to 1 E30 when I moved from Boston to DC, just didn't have room/time to keep up both without a legit driveway. Sold it to someone on here... feeling nostalgic I emailed to check in on it like 6 months later... T-boned and totaled like a month after selling it. I felt like I just brought a pet to be put to sleep... like I let someone unqualified take it in.
I am in a similar place again. I have a nice IX but now have a new car, and the no space for 2 issue that I was avoiding by getting rid of 1 E30 is proving true. The IX is going to have to go... i am dreading the day, but I can feel it coming.Leave a comment:
-
I have so many cars, but the only two I would never sell are the M-Tech cab (because I love driving that car) and my red sedan POS (because I've owned it forever and have too many feels towards it).
Everything else is always for sale for the right price... Considered making a FS ad for the silver 330is, but I highly doubt I would ever get what I would need to get (financially) to consider parting with it, so...Leave a comment:
-
That engine in the Volvo is a B21 right? I think you can put the late 80's early 90"s large one piece headlights buckets in there.They should fit,i think they look better (more euroish). You know they make turbo kits for B21 volvo motors right? Just throwing it out there. lolLast edited by QUKBMER; 03-06-2017, 08:07 AM.Leave a comment:
-
-
I don't want to give up my E30. Like 2mAn, I feel like she's become something special - she's running because my hard work and effort getting to know how to do things. It's been an experience I've enjoyed and look forward to many more.
Right now, I'm limited on funds, so can't do any crazy builds, plus it's my daily, but I keep up on maintenance, etc and keep her as nice as I can. When able though, I wouldn't mind getting a more modern engine into her, although, crazy as it might sound to some, I'd be happy keeping her with an Eta engine. For my driving, it certainly does the job, and I can have fun with it.
I would certainly regret ever having to part with my E30.Leave a comment:
-
-
Have had my 91' 318is since I was 16, which is coming up on 12 years ago now (holy fuck!) It wasn't even listed for sale, I just pestered the guy who owned it enough that he eventually caved and sold it to me. It was love at first sight and I'm never letting go. I've had the thought of selling it cross my mind a few times, but I know I would regret it too much if I ever did.
Anyone else park their car in the lot and then walk backwards so you can keep staring at it because it just looks so damn good?Leave a comment:
-
This is the common thing that makes me thing long and hard when the urge kicks in. I want to keep developing my car because I think Ive built something specialLeave a comment:
-
Nice pics OP!
I see it has the Stromberg carb. I hated working on single SU on mine (similar design). Good thing you plan on yanking the drivetrain on this anemic beast!
IIRC Volvo didn't upgrade the Canadian DL model to FI until about 85ish. ALL US Volvo's (regardless of trim) were FI since about 73+. Canadian Volvo's from 73-76ish were all from the US and FI. Strangely, to reduce purchase priced of their entry level cars (the DL's) they equipped the Canadian models from 77-84 with a carb that was required to run on prem fuel....Makes ya wonder what the hell LOLVO was thinking of?!?! why would a cash strapped buyer wanna spend more on fuel to make his car run as intended???! haha!
Also, why's there a dash mounted fog light button? Is that for the rear fog light? I always thought those were for the front fogs and the switch above the headlight switch was for the rear fogs....hmm
Considering the bang-up job you did with the e30, I'm very interested to see what you do with this!!!
8-)Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 03-03-2017, 07:57 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I always see people selling then wishing they didn't on this forum.
I consider my E30 a forever car. I like it very much and have a lot of time and effort tied up in it.Leave a comment:
-
-
I know exactly what you mean. I have a 240z that I bought in 2009. As I dug into it, I didn't find any massive rust holes, but I did find several little pockets of otherwise minor rust in places that would be very difficult to fix. I still have it. Can't bring myself to scrap it. It's an early chassis though.
My Jeep sat outside in NJ under my neighbors tree from about 1980 until 2007. Body is trashed, but I'm intent on fixing it. Mind you, I have no interest in making that one look pretty. It's a 4x4, so who gives a shit.
I had another 240z that had an even worse chassis. I had many different ideas on how to save it, including a full tubular space frame. I did eventually scrap that one though, and should have much, much sooner. It was spectacularly bad. It had serious rust, accident damage, and poorly executed prior repairs. Had some decent parts though, and also taught me a lesson in paying too much for a POS.Leave a comment:







Leave a comment: