X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street racing kills, DON'T DO IT!!!

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1288053.php

1 dead, 1 arrested after crash

Investigators allege drivers were racing in Laguna Hills on Monday night when one crashed and was killed.

By SPENCER KALLICK
    The Orange County Register
    LAGUNA HILLS– A 20-year-old Irvine man is in custody in connection with the alleged street race in Laguna Hills on Monday night that left one man dead and two women in critical condition, Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino said.
    Arya Asgarynejad, the driver of the 2002 CLK55 Mercedes-Benz, was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter and operating a vehicle with gross negligence causing death. His 20-year-old male passenger was not arrested, Amormino said.
    Investigators suspect the drivers in a 2004 BMW M3 and the Mercedes were racing east on La Paz Road at 8:30 p.m. Monday when Parees Ghassemian, 18, of Laguna Niguel, driving the BMW, lost control and crashed into a fire hydrant on the southeast corner of Monte Vista and La Paz Road.
    Ghassemian died at the scene, and his two female passengers were taken to Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, where they remain in critical condition today. The passengers were reportedly 17 and 18 years old, Amormino said.

Last edited by parkerbink; 09-27-2006, 04:16 PM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

damn, havent seen a thread about street racing in a while actually.
    sigpic

Comment

That shit sucks big time. They should make more local tracks and have them open late at night so if people want to race they can do it safley. This is bull shit right here.
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Hmm, I dont feel bad or sorry at all. This is just natural selection at its best.
        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

stupid fucking persians
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post
            stupid fucking persians

Classic.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

why are they arresting him for vehicular manslaughter? he didnt reach out and make the other driver crash.

regardless they were both idiots.

i put the laughter in manslaughter.
              173rd ABN

Comment

I believe it is like if you are robbing a bank and your accomplice gets killed.

Comment

senseless!!!!!!
                  :pimp:

Comment

i did it when i was 16... in retrospect it was stupid. And it is stupid. Go to a hpde day or something. People with too much money and not enough sense cause accidents like this.
                    PNW Crew
                    90 m3
                    06 m5

Comment

Such a shame, and such a complete waste. So young, and life is over already.

Sucks about the kids that were IN the M3, too.

Comment

Dumbasses. As it has already been said, do it at a track, and cmon, thats just fuckin stupid. Street racing is retarded, and there ARE tracks everywhere. People just need to go.

Comment

Paging MikeE30...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Sucks, but its Darwinism at its best. Thankfully they wont reproduce.

Now we get three pages of how street racing is all bad, but we all drive hard on the street. Like every one of you drives exactly the speed limit. Funny how that works.
                            Back to my roots

Comment

I'm glad I dont have enough money to buy a car that fast to street race in :P

No tracks ftw, long live tha streetz

Comment

Working...
                              X