This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post

Every swapper 510 that shows up at the autoX ends up being slower than a mostly stock 4 door with some mild suspension mods. Sorry, I don't get it. Sure, there are a few out there that are crazy fast and they handle sort of well, but those cars have been projects in the works for 15 years. Nothing ruins my day like seeing a clean Datsun thats been motor swapped with something modern. Always an epic fail.

Will

da fauq did i just read...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

My good friend has a ground up restored for track 2dr 510 with a ka24de motor swap. Motor was built by Rebello Racing and makes 230hp crank with twin mikuni 44. Bad ass 510. Super straight body origional paint, underside of body is all recoated. That's a 510 I would love to get my hands on.
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Nothing ruins my day like seeing a clean Datsun thats been motor swapped with something modern. Always an epic fail.

Will

Comment

my favorite 510 i have seen at the track has an LS6 in it :devil:

that thing is gnarly as hell.

but sure it is slower than most given its new weight and stuff, but it was ment to drive sideways lol.

Comment

How many of those are real and how many are screwed up? Drifters? All screwed up. A quick look on craigslist shows 8, two of them are bent up and $4k and a nice one for $10K. All the others seem to be 4 doors, including one that looks like it started life as a 4 door and they welded the rear doors shut. Most are serious projects. Oh yeah, one guy is trying to trade his swapper mobile for an S2000, right. Of those, only one of the project cars looks like a solid car with some real potential.

Every swapper 510 that shows up at the autoX ends up being slower than a mostly stock 4 door with some mild suspension mods. Sorry, I don't get it. Sure, there are a few out there that are crazy fast and they handle sort of well, but those cars have been projects in the works for 15 years. Nothing ruins my day like seeing a clean Datsun thats been motor swapped with something modern. Always an epic fail.

Will
            I have to disagree. While I've (currently) decided to keep the L28 in my 240z, I have no hate for the rb26dett guys. I just prefer the original feel and sound. And even that I've got a build L28 and plan to get webers, no L24 here.

that being said part of the influence of that decision is I'd rather buy an e30m3 to s54 than an rb26
            Originally posted by blunt
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

"I wanna see da boat movie"
                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

^unkown eye, pretty cool.

blackbirdm3 how do you feel about zg flares? I think they still look pretty period correct, I've seen some old skylines look great with them
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                    Nice ellipsoid. lol.

Jk mustve been an epic battle of sea creatures.
                    SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                    IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                    BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

giant squid eye I think
                      "I wanna see da boat movie"
                      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                        ^unkown eye, pretty cool.

blackbirdm3 how do you feel about zg flares? I think they still look pretty period correct, I've seen some old skylines look great with them
                        ZG flares are cool. They look good on Zs, and Hakosukas. Heck even the bubble flares on 510s look good. I cant say I'm a big fan of the box flares on 510s, but even those can look ok if done right.

As far as having a KA that makes 230 hp, big deal. Dave Rebello builds 210 hp L16s all the time. If he can get 210 out of an L16, 230 out of an L18 or L20B is no problem at all. You could take it a step further and do a an L/Z hybrid that still looks stock and makes that sort of power. Sorry, modern motors have no place in vintage cars.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

ZG flares are cool. They look good on Zs, and Hakosukas. Heck even the bubble flares on 510s look good. I cant say I'm a big fan of the box flares on 510s, but even those can look ok if done right.

As far as having a KA that makes 230 hp, big deal. Dave Rebello builds 210 hp L16s all the time. If he can get 210 out of an L16, 230 out of an L18 or L20B is no problem at all. You could take it a step further and do a an L/Z hybrid that still looks stock and makes that sort of power. Sorry, modern motors have no place in vintage cars.

Will
                          S12's look good with ZG flares too.

Also, I don't know if you know this. But 230 N/A Hp out of a KA IS a big deal. A very big deal. They're considerably harder than a M20 to get to break 200hp all motor.
                          Last edited by TurboJake; 10-12-2012, 04:13 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

got enough wheel hubs?
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                                got enough wheel hubs?
                                dats what i was thinking....
                                might work well for the driver, if it is a track/drift car. but fuck man that looks so fucking retarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X