Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naplesE30
    replied
    Nice, it’s fun to play around with the different grips. Personally, it took me a few trips to settle on the large back strap, large right panel, medium left panel. Your gonna enjoy shooting it, especially if you like a 6:00 hold for sight picture (which since your coming from a g17 should be pretty natural)

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    nice HK!

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    :D

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Ludwig
    replied
    thanks i'm going to look into these. At least there seem to be more .45 PPQ holsters on the market now.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=walther+p...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Leave a comment:

• Ludwig
    replied
    does anyone have a holster recommendation for a Walther PPQ in .45?

Open carry, no strong preference on material, no light on the gun. It's hard to find one that supports the .45 PPQ.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    well, thank you for what you do! I know it can go unappreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    Aww ok, I saw the holster and thought this was an off duty gun. That's why I asked. Yeah I would never open carry either.
    Yeah that may have been a tad confusing on my end, still up from working 3rds last night so my reading/posting skills are lacking :D

The holster I posted is what I'll likely buy if/when the VP9 earns the right to become my duty gun.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    No, off duty I carry my G43 w/light IWB at the 3 o'clock position.

While I respect one's right to open carry, I would never in a million years open carry off duty unless I was at a police training. Even then, I typically conceal my weapon if we leave the facility for lunch, etc..
    Aww ok, I saw the holster and thought this was an off duty gun. That's why I asked. Yeah I would never open carry either.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
    I found the transition to the paddles extremely intuitive. Immediately after shooting a VP9 for the first time, I was instinctively reaching for paddles on my other guns. I don't have massive boogerhooks, but I don't have any issue maintaining a full shooting grip while using the paddles. I really did like being able to drop mags with my trigger finger. I'd totally carry a VP9sk if they weren't such a bulky little bitch.
    Good to know! Some people act like the transition is a huge PITA, which is kind of worrying. I'll have to find a way to replicate stress situations just to see what I do for reloads..

I did hold the VP9sk, it felt massive for a sub compact firearm..

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    I ended up going with the paddles. Played around with it in the shop, my monkey fingers allow me to hit the paddle with my right thumb while gripping the pistol basically from my shooting grip, and hitting the paddle with my right pointer finger doesn't appear to be much of an issue either.

For sure I would practice quite a bit before swapping duty guns though. It will take a lot to get rid of the decade worth of Glock use..
    I found the transition to the paddles extremely intuitive. Immediately after shooting a VP9 for the first time, I was instinctively reaching for paddles on my other guns. I don't have massive boogerhooks, but I don't have any issue maintaining a full shooting grip while using the paddles. I really did like being able to drop mags with my trigger finger. I'd totally carry a VP9sk if they weren't such a bulky little bitch.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Nice, I am sure your going to love it. I will be interested to hear from you after your comfortable with it which you choose for duty. Did you get the paddle style mag release or button mag release version?
    I ended up going with the paddles. Played around with it in the shop, my monkey fingers allow me to hit the paddle with my right thumb while gripping the pistol basically from my shooting grip, and hitting the paddle with my right pointer finger doesn't appear to be much of an issue either.

For sure I would practice quite a bit before swapping duty guns though. It will take a lot to get rid of the decade worth of Glock use..

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Nice, I am sure your going to love it. I will be interested to hear from you after your comfortable with it which you choose for duty. Did you get the paddle style mag release or button mag release version?

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    so off duty you carry OWB?
    No, off duty I carry my G43 w/light IWB at the 3 o'clock position.

While I respect one's right to open carry, I would never in a million years open carry off duty unless I was at a police training. Even then, I typically conceal my weapon if we leave the facility for lunch, etc..

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    so off duty you carry OWB?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X