No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah your experience with the glock is why you have to try a few out and shoot as many as you can to see what works well for you. Is there a local gun range that rents weapons?? If so go there and see what you can try out.

The Xd is available in a 9mm Compact version as well you know.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

M&P in my book.. I can't shoot XDs. It's a personal call tho!
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yeah I know there are compact Xd's in 9mm but before the XDs I had never really given much thought to a springfield. The reviews on the XDs were just so good.

I don't really have a range close anymore where I can rent guns. I do most of my shooting out in the country on a little range my family and I built.

I do know a guy who knows a guy that has an XDs. I may be able to get him to bring it out to the range and let me shoot it.

Have you experienced anything as far as quality issues with the M&P line?
        sigpic

Comment

Any of you guys from NY and OWN a HAND GUN , You might want to take a look at this. New York states Complete Hand Gun permit Holders list (not just CCW but plain ol OWNERS list) some of which has Not just names but addresses and phone numbers

Seems "The Journal News" has printed it with address, and an interactive map that has permits issued from the Westchester and Rockland counties near the city, but shows many scattered all over the state.

Here is the Journal story Complaining about being Called out by readers and residents, and trying to defend them selves. This one falls into the just because you can does not mean you should category.
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-26-2012, 05:27 AM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Any of you guys from NY and OWN a HAND GUN , You might want to take a look at this. New York states Complete Hand Gun permit Holders list (not just CCW but plain ol OWNERS list) some of which has Not just names but addresses and phone numbers

Seems "The Journal News" has printed it with address, and an interactive map that has permits issued from the Westchester and Rockland counties near the city, but shows many scattered all over the state.

Here is the Journal story Complaining about being Called out by readers and residents, and trying to defend them selves. This one falls into the just because you can does not mean you should category.
            http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...nclick_check=1
            Theres a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...nclick_check=1

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Interesting
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Got a 44 Ruger Blackhawk passed down from my step-grandfather -> step-dad -> me. Just bought a new house so my step-dad thought I needed one. I've been around guns pretty much my whole life and have shot several, but don't really know anything about them.
                  My little intro to this thread.

Comment

^^
                    German man Here watch this

As promised.

I think I am going to name this one. His name will be George.

Meet George, He will be taking over H/D duties in the bed room closet, and also loaded out with 3" mag slugs will take over scabbard gun duties for back country horse trips from one of my lever guns for last resort grizzly bear repellant.

George the F/N Self Loading Police 18" 6+1 12ga (there is a mossy and older Benelli M4 trick that works to make it 7 + 1) Will eventually be getting some kind of Reflex/halo/red dot optic, just cant seem to decided which one, prolly a xps from eotech

William Pitt-

Comment

^
                      Great video. My dad is very anti gun, to the point where he WILL NOT listen to any "pro gun" arguments. Its so frustrating that he wont even acknowledge any other view points then his own.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by brianao34 View Post
                        Got a 44 Ruger Blackhawk passed down from my step-grandfather -> step-dad -> me. Just bought a new house so my step-dad thought I needed one. I've been around guns pretty much my whole life and have shot several, but don't really know anything about them.
                        My little intro to this thread.
                        The Blackhawk is a badass reliable gun. My dad has the shorter barrel .44 magnum in blue. Its about 20-25 years old and is amazing to shoot.

Have fun with it. I'm hoping he'll hand it down to me one day, but sadly (for me) its his primary shooter.

Comment

Stupid NY listing of people legally utilizing their rights. Even though there is a lot of misplaced fear and hatred, it's still shocking and distressing.

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
                            The Blackhawk is a badass reliable gun.

If you guys ever get a chance to shoot a Blackhawk in 45 long colt, find some +P ammo and hang on. One of the funnest handguns I have ever gotten to shoot.

and since we were talking body armor a few topics ago. This is my current setup with the plates I mentioned before. Hope I never have to use it!

Comment

George the F/N Self Loading Police 18" 6+1 12ga (there is a mossy and older Benelli M4 trick that works to make it 7 + 1) Will eventually be getting some kind of Reflex/halo/red dot optic, just cant seem to decided which one, prolly a xps from eotech

Sleeve,

Here is a pic of my FN shotgun the baby brother to yours. It has to go back to FN for a flaw that they cant fix due to the fact the gun is not produced anymore. Im hoping they will trade me up to the SLP.

This is right after I duracoated both my 19 and shotgun in Olive Drab green. Also as I was telling ya, the open site like the Cmore is amazing on a shotgun. :)

Comment

and one since I have not whored her out in some time.

POF Gen 2 billet lower.
                                SSA trigger set
                                Vltor club foot stock
                                LMT MRP Piston upper
                                Harris bipod
                                Magpul MIAD Grip
                                Troy front and rear flip ups
                                Yankee Hill threaded flash hider
                                SSA 10x scope

shooting quarters at 100 yards with my hand loads.

Comment

Working...
                                X