Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Thread

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    So my local shop finally closed up. I had a feeling something was going on, when I picked up my Mod.2 45 (ordered from KYGunCo because my shop couldn't get one), their consignment rack was full of nothing but antiques.

I can't really say I'm surprised. I went in there a few times looking for items that should be on shelf (Eotech XPS, for example) and was always told they could order it. For the Eotech, I went down the road and picked one up at another shop same day for a better price.

Still, sad to see it go. I've been using Guns and Ammo warehouse in Manassas since I moved here for transfers, and have purchased a few firearms from them in that time. I'm 99% positive they got wiped out by the other shop I referenced earlier, Virginia Arms Co. You walk into that shop and the walls are lined with equipment. Always packed, its like the damn wal-mart of gun shops, great for finding stuff, but it lacks the appeal of an old fashioned Mom&Pop gun shop that I have memories of visiting with my Dad.

/Rant.

I wish we had more mom and pop style gun shops... Instead down here it's all donut shops (Texas people like to eat, don't just us lol). The major reason I think that is is because of Cabelas. They're prices are almost unbeatable, except for my neighbor who has an FFL3 and that's because he gives it to us for whole sale. The only "mom and pop" style gunshop I can think of is Cheaper Than Dirt, which is always really expensive (ironically enough).
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Bummer stories regarding mom 'n' pop shops. I feel pretty fortunate that I have two fun stores I trust: Bear Arms in Scottsdale and Pistol Parlour in Mesa for the Arizona guys on here.
      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Cabelas is expensive comparing it to online sales. Every now and then cabelas runs a sale and they are ok on the price. GrabaGun is local to us in I think Carrollton. They have awesome deals.

Cheaper Than Dirt, can rott in hell for all I care. They screwed/screwing over the gun community.

I live 5 mins from Cabelas(allen), and about 10-15mins from CTD, I wont shop at CTD at all.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Cabela's is a joke. On a rare occasion, you can find a deal on their bargain racks. Normally their gun libraries have higher priced used guns than the same new gun sitting out in their displays. The only reason I can see people buying a gun from Cabelas is because they simply don't know any better, have a decent coupon (that come out maybe twice a year), or have enough money to not care.

I have a hard time believing that Texas doesn't have a small handful of independent gun shops. Shit here in MN there are at least 6 I can think of that I would shop at before Cabelas and only one of them is a "big box" store.

Comment

Cabela's was really stupid last time we went there. So my mom bought an LCR 38 special, and they did the usual bg check and the waiting period as her CCW permit hadn't come in the mail yet. They called and said she could pick it up and she went in and they were like "its gonna be an hour wait." She got super pissed as she literally just had to sign one paper and leave, they wouldn't budge even after talking to the manager. Such BS how it literally took 1 min to actually pick it up but they don't have a "picking up" line at the fun counter... Should have just left it there... F them.
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I imagine Cabela's is similar to Bass Pro.

Last time I was at bass pro they had an LCR .357 and SP101 2.25" .357

The LCR was more expensive than the Sp101. Couldn't figure that one out.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post

Shot my moist nugget today, and practiced my double taps with my 1911. Also 38s are weak compared to 357s.
                38s are weak compared to anything. Except maybe .22lr but I consider those BBs.

speaking of .22lr I was at Dicks Sporting Goods the other day looking at a SIG Mosquito and Walther P22. They really live up to their name. Bunch of dicks. I asked them to take the guard off so I could feel the trigger (a *mildly* important part of buying a gun). Guy said no, so I put $400 cash on the counter And asked again. Still said no. No local gun store has either in stock, so Dickbags was my last hope :(

I just want something cheap I can stick a can on and have fun with
                -Alex

Comment

LCR is super light and whatnot, she got the Crimson Trace edition for the point shootability. I'd personally go SP101 I think but the LCR is pretty sweet. I'd rather have a little heavier gun for less muzzle bounce and recoil.

Edit: LCR needs something done to the black front sight ramp, thing's hard to see!
                  Last edited by DER E30; 05-11-2015, 09:47 AM.
                  -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                    38s are weak compared to anything. Except maybe .22lr but I consider those BBs.

speaking of .22lr I was at Dicks Sporting Goods the other day looking at a SIG Mosquito and Walther P22. They really live up to their name. Bunch of dicks. I asked them to take the guard off so I could feel the trigger (a *mildly* important part of buying a gun). Guy said no, so I put $400 cash on the counter And asked again. Still said no. No local gun store has either in stock, so Dickbags was my last hope :(

I just want something cheap I can stick a can on and have fun with
                    I really like my SR22p. Ruger did a great job of copying the P22 and making it better. I use it as a host for my Sparrow.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                      LCR is super light and whatnot, she got the Crimson Trace edition for the point shootability. I'd personally go SP101 I think but the LCR is pretty sweet. I'd rather have a little heavier gun for less muzzle bounce and recoil.

Edit: LCR needs something done to the black front sight ramp, thing's hard to see!
                      I carry a sp101 .357 from time to time. I just couldn't believe that they were charging more for a plastic piece with a lower msrp. Can't go wrong with an sp101, one of the few that will be handed down multiple generations.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        Can't go wrong with an sp101, one of the few that will be handed down multiple generations.
                        True that, I love steel guns, and they get character as they age. The LCR is nice and whatnot but its also kinda cheap and artificial feeling in the hand, being mostly plastic with rubberized grips.
                        -Christian

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                          Cabelas is expensive comparing it to online sales. Every now and then cabelas runs a sale and they are ok on the price. GrabaGun is local to us in I think Carrollton. They have awesome deals.

Cheaper Than Dirt, can rott in hell for all I care. They screwed/screwing over the gun community.

I live 5 mins from Cabelas(allen), and about 10-15mins from CTD, I wont shop at CTD at all.

We don't really buy ammo from either anymore. Why would we when we can get our ammo at whole sale?

I'm just down the road from you then. I'm about 10 minutes from The Village at Stacy. At Bethany and Angel.
                          Originally posted by flyboyx
                          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                          Originally posted by Northern
                          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

I'm in allen at Main and Malone. You're pretty close to me then.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

Finally got to take it out to the range for break in. She makes a fine little shooter.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                                Finally got to take it out to the range for break in. She makes a fine little shooter.

wait which one is this one? Looks threaded, when is the can going on? :D
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X