No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most European countries have no limits on suppressors, mufflers they call them. You can go to a hardware store and pick them up like you do bubble gum.

I just didnt know if South Africa did the same.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

that's what i figured, all the videos i've seen people had to manually cycle the bolt

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      loading 308 to subsonic has problems of it's own with inconsistent burn of the powder as the case is huge when downloaded. Where something like 300blk has the case sized more or less properly for a sub
      hrm. never thought about that before. didn't even realize that was an issue.. makes sense, but it can't burn that bad, can it? all the videos i've seen of suppressed 308 seem to shoot fine. or is it that the inconsistent burn gives you inconsistent bullet speeds?

Comment

From what I remember you have to do a little experimenting with powder type. IIRC you have to go to a little slower burning powder for good reliability with sub sonic 308
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Our 300blk had trouble feeding a certain type of sub, I don't remember what exact manufacturer/model is was.
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Anyone want to buy my xps? I've been spending too much money on the S4 lately, so I've decided to sell off other toys to compensate. I won't give up the Colt for anything, but accessories.....

Eotech xps2-2 in perfect condition. I have the box and manual and all that jazz. Only putput about 300 rounds down the pipe with it mounted. It's the one with the reticle and dual dot, IIR its set for 50-250 yards.

Let's say, $400 shipped? I paid $550 new.

I also have a good bit of m855 green tip to unload, inventoried the safe and figure I can give up about 900 rounds. I won't ship the stuff, but if you're local PM me
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
              i didn't even know they let people have guns in SA, so i did some reading on the laws

1. holy crap, so many different types of licenses

2. it's interesting that the SA government has enough sense to tell that if a person can pass a background check to possess a handgun they should be able to conceal carry it as well, yet good ol' murica refuses to see that logic
              Haha, yeah we can own pretty much any type of firearm except full auto rifles.
              The background checks though are a bit of a laugh, they basically check your criminal record and that's it.

Our biggest issue is the time duration from application till when we can collect. It's up to around 8 months now, but can be as quick as 3. They also have a nasty habit of refusing applications based on bad motivation, but yet if you resubmit with the same motivation often it will be approved.

All I can say is this is Africa my friends.

Comment

Here's what I have back home. Still working on my waffenbesitzkarte so I can bring my ACR and G17 here in Germany.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438037805.422475.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	7177840

Comment

So I've officially gotten bored with my Ruger GP100 so I'm looking to sell it to fund my next purchase. A Jericho 941 :)

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Check cdi sales on gunbroker.
                    http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-P...12&mfg=1000324

They used to have a ton of surplus hi powers and Jericho 941/Baby Eagles. They have reasonably priced pieces. I bought a Hi Power that I love from them. Don't sell that gp100 just yet if you don't have to. I sold mine to fund a s&w 686 and still miss it. Buying both is really the best option if you can swing it.
                    Last edited by myinfernalbmw; 08-02-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Gun Thread

Just picked up a KelTec. Loving it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please keep us updated on that one! It's on my list, but for every good review there seems to be one bad.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

if you want a semi shotty get a proven system the FN SLP or if you dont want to spend quite that much the Mossy 930 is a great option as well
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            Please keep us updated on that one! It's on my list, but for every good review there seems to be one bad.

It's a gun that you definitely have to be strict with or else you'll have feeding issues. Honestly, I have only had one. Another complaint that people have is that ejecting shells will hit your wrist, simply not true. I've put maybe 40-50 rounds through it and haven't gotten touched once. For the price, I'm extremely happy with it's versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              if you want a semi shotty get a proven system the FN SLP or if you dont want to spend quite that much the Mossy 930 is a great option as well
                              not a fan of the rem 1100?

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                                not a fan of the rem 1100?

I have one in 16ga and it's awesome. Dove hunt with it every year. Great gun to shoot skeet with too.
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                                Originally posted by Northern
                                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
                                X