No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having a gun, to me, means I can protect my family and others if something happens. without a gun, I am just a normal person who would have to fight off a group of assailants or people trying to rob my family and I. with a gun, I have the power to stop them, by myself and with no reason to get within arm's reach of them.

you never know if or when something will happen. its better to be prepared then have a family member killed or raped, or you killed/raped. we live in times that are way different then when we were kids. we never had guns growing up, I grew up in socal. but the gang members did. sitting at the bus stop, waiting for the bus, you watched the cars coming because you knew if one was driving funny, or really slow, get behind the brick wall or hide because someone was getting shot. that's not a good feeling.

lots of places in texas are dangerous. really dangerous, and I am not talking about Houston or the big cities. out in the small towns is where a lot of people move that don't like to follow rules. they go there to get away from the police state and do stuff cities ban. this means you have people who are more aggressive or think their ideas are better than yours so you need a gun for when they want to stop in front of you on the highway and get out with all their friends.

Comment

I carry because criminals carry.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
        I wouldn't say it's a lack of understanding freedom, as most of those people including myself do not equate firearm ownership to freedom. I'd wager that there likely is a correlation between being pro-firearm and anti-marijuana in the US as opposed to the more substance friendly liberals who would also like to see your firearms taken away. So which is freedom? It's a sliding scale that goes both ways, and up and down. One persons particular dose of freedom is another's target.
        So much this. People like to cherry pick when it comes to "American Freedoms," or for that matter religion, politics and much more. I should have the right to have a gun, but you shouldn't be allowed to get married as a gay guy.

My personal idea of freedom. Just let me be me, and Ill let you be you, as long as no one is getting hurt. And at the end of the day I think the vast majority of Americans agree with that sentiment.

Im in CA on an install job and I miss my guns. Oh yeah and the GF and my dogs. lol
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I wouldn't say it's a lack of understanding freedom, as most of those people including myself do not equate firearm ownership to freedom. I'd wager that there likely is a correlation between being pro-firearm and anti-marijuana in the US as opposed to the more substance friendly liberals who would also like to see your firearms taken away. So which is freedom? It's a sliding scale that goes both ways, and up and down. One persons particular dose of freedom is another's target.

I can say I’m one of the few that is pro fire arm and pro marijuana.

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          It sounds like NJ has similar laws to NE and MD. I believe you need a permit to purchase a handgun, and it's only good for something like 60 days, and if you haven't bought your gun by then, you need to apply for another permit. You also need a permit to open carry, although once you get that you can carry concealed as well, although the permit is apparently very hard to get. Also, I believe air guns and BB guns are also regulated despite the fact they aren't actually firearms.

Aside from cops, and one guy in a junkyard, I never, ever see or hear guns here. I was in PA for a funeral a few years ago, and I heard what I'm assuming was a couple gun shots during the burial. Not used to that lol.

I don't live in a sketchy area, so I don't really feel the need to carry (also, I don't like carrying things), but I definitely think people should have a gun for home defense - even if you don't think you need it. Any time I'm home alone I definitely have a heightened sense of the fact that I'd be screwed if anyone came to my house to break in.

I don't have any guns, but I think that's going to change at some point. It just seems like a good idea to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it. And shooting looks like fun anyway.

Wow only good for 60 days? Ours is good for 3 years. That’s only gun law in the in the state and its only on a city level. Otherwise our gun laws are based off of whats legal at a federal level so no capacity laws and can get an auto weapon with the right paperwork and deep enough pockets.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'd wager that there likely is a correlation between being pro-firearm and anti-marijuana in the US as opposed to the more substance friendly liberals who would also like to see your firearms taken away.
            That's definitely not the case within my peer group, the vast majority of which are also car guys. Most are in the SE US though not all.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              Wow only good for 60 days? Ours is good for 3 years. That’s only gun law in the in the state and its only on a city level. Otherwise our gun laws are based off of whats legal at a federal level so no capacity laws and can get an auto weapon with the right paperwork and deep enough pockets.
              I just checked again, and it's actually 90 days, wasn't sure if it was 60 or 90. I'm assuming what's laid out here is correct (may not be): https://www.pewpewtactical.com/gun-l...rsey-gun-laws/

Still pretty bad though. For this reason, and a number of others, I intend to move, probably just over the border to PA, but we'll see.

Comment

This is a good thread

Comment

I don't care what other people do in their house or with their lives, I may not agree with it or think it's disgusting but at the end of the day its their choice on what they are into. I'm a far right Republican and I own a bunch of guns, smoke pot when I can and the only time I've been in a church was for weddings and funerals, even then I felt weird

Comment

Guys I get there are plenty who support both, wasn't the point. The point was to point out the hypocrisy in the freedom of accessing one but not the other, and the statistics from polls that show the correlation between being pro-gun and anti-pot and vice versa.

Back on topic, chronograph should be here this weekend so I can finally get this out to do some load development.

Last edited by cale; 04-07-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I like it. I like it a lot

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

More gun pics
                        Attached Files

Comment

Back on topic, chronograph should be here this weekend so I can finally get this out to do some load development.

I have around 100 .308 that I loaded up for my Savage fcp-sr...but no chronograph

What chrono did you end up getting?
                          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Using a friends magnetospeed. Likely won't be buying one though, rather have something that won't attach to the barrel so I can look at accuracy and velocities.

Comment

Turning my old hunting rifle into a long range target shooter. Its an weatherby vanguard .270 wsm. I got a Promag archangel stock and going to be looking for a scope for it. I know the .270wsm isn’t the best for long range but it will ring steel at 7-800 yards and make use of a gun I quit using. I’m not much into hunting anymore.

Stock I got.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I have been impressed with vortex razor line at about the 1000 dollar price point for value for dollar. 270wsm is going to suffer at anything out past 1400 iirc due to lack of mass and starts to tumble around there.... should be decent out to 1000 if you don't have an chamber erosion starting yet
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X