No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup you do get it the rest of your post proves it. Firearms are being demonized yet again and you see the double standard being applied. This could lead to anyone that has a connection to a firearm death being able to sue the manufacture, even with little evidence and forcing the manufactures to defend them selves with very expensive lawyers CONSTANTLY.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

agree
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Emotion trumps all in this current age. The courts are not grounded in law, and law makers are not grounded in facts. It’s only going to get crazier as society becomes more driven by “feelings”. Hopefully the SCOTUS rules unanimously on this, but that likely won’t happen. Just taking to case to the SCOTUS is a win for the plaintiffs in that they have cost Remington millions of dollars to defend themselves, which is the true motivation. Bankrupt firearm manufacturers by any means possible. Many more lawsuits to follow I am sure.

Comment

^
          This is from the the CT state court system this is going to have to get through the 2ed circuit of the federal courts 1st, Which given its make up it might have a similar result but you never know. The SCOTUS if it gets there will scold the shit out of the lower courts for blatantly ignoring the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

That said yes it will cost Remington a metric fuckton more money to defend it self while I would think there is going to be a flurry of lawsuits against all the manufactures if this allowed to stand.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Ok, so I guess I won't be doing a Stern defense 9mm. $400 more gets me a awesome CZ that is basically what I was going for anyway, and I don't have to put together another lower.

Now just have to wait until they start popping up.

CZ Scorpion Micro.

Step aside, Sig Copperhead!
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

$1,200, ouch. That's a lot of money for a gimped submachine gun.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

I understand your point, but...

I have been wanting a 4" 9mm carbine for a while.

The stern defense setup uses a magwell conversion.

The PSA ar9 is, well, a psa. And doesn't have the last round bolt hold open.

As far as super short 9mm guns go, this thing is a winner IMO. Fits all my wants perfectly and the price isn't really bad when you consider the alternatives, as well as everything this brings to the table.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  $1,200, ouch. That's a lot of money for a gimped submachine gun.
                  cheaper than the sig! And magpul is dropping (dropped?) mags for it, which is nice
                  BEERTECH

Comment

I had a hard on for those ever since someone posted the HBI front end a couple years ago. I really don't like the whole faux Osprey under the handguard on the new micro version though. It limits suppressor options and if you're actually using an Osprey, you get to take the handguard on and off in order to install/remove the suppressor. CZ shit the bed on that part in my opinion.

I keep bouncing back and forth between a scorpion, building an AR9, or scraping together a few extra ducats into a Zenith Z5P. I've seen the CZ come up for around $650 out the door for the standard pistol version a few times though so it's getting harder to pass that deal up.

Comment

Also, as cool as the micro's look, I'd prefer a little barrel length over a typical pistol, enough to bump velocity just a little bit. Although that is totally bench racing, the paper I shoot doesn't give a shit how fast the pills are going.
                      Last edited by Rob; 03-18-2019, 08:11 AM.
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        Also, as cool as the micro's look, I'd prefer a little barrel length over a typical pistol, enough to bump velocity just a little bit. Although that is totally bench racing, the paper I shoot doesn't give a shit how fast the pills are going.
                        Lol I hear that. I like the idea of a Micro due to the tiny package and being able throw it in a smaller inconspicuous bag without it screaming tactical weapon case. The truth is though that even if I did need to use a gun in a defensive situation, it'd be a hell of a lot quicker drawing from concealment than pulling a PCC out of a bag.

Comment

90% (low ball?) of arfcom posts are based on the adult fantasy SHTF zombies commies blah blah blah scenarios. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course. I dressed up as a race car driver a few times, and as a bicycle racer more recently.

At least the guys are P&S acknowledge it "if you can't fight off 2 guys with your hands, you don't need another fucking carbine class" :p
                          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                            The truth is though that even if I did need to use a gun in a defensive situation, it'd be a hell of a lot quicker drawing from concealment than pulling a PCC out of a bag.
                            this is where the pistol on your hip or the 12ga in the corner of the closet/under the bed in the hidden panel under the coffee table or mantle is better.

Pistol cal carbine is fun to pew pew YES THE ARE ...... Are they very practical for H/D yeah I suppose they can be, as I still hold the view if I was to use a rife for a standard H/D situation (aka NOT Zombies, NOT Commies, Not Fascists well maybe ANTIFA, NOT SHTF) like burgles and meth heads, a SBR and Suppressed PS90 is what I would want.

That said since I dont have a cool space gun, I am pulling out the FN with 8 04 buck or heavy turkey shells, which I think would be far more effective in a HD situation in general....

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              this is where the pistol on your hip or the 12ga in the corner of the closet/under the bed in the hidden panel under the coffee table or mantle is better.

Pistol cal carbine is fun to pew pew YES THE ARE ...... Are they very practical for H/D yeah I suppose they can be, as I still hold the view if I was to use a rife for a standard H/D situation (aka NOT Zombies, NOT Commies, Not Fascists well maybe ANTIFA, NOT SHTF) like burgles and meth heads, a SBR and Suppressed PS90 is what I would want.

That said since I dont have a cool space gun, I am pulling out the FN with 8 04 buck or heavy turkey shells, which I think would be far more effective in a HD situation in general....
                              I completely agree on the effectiveness of the 12GA. My want for a small PCC was more for carrying in a bag to have the additional round count and stability over a pistol.

I used to have my braced Tac14 next to my bed with 5+1. Now that I have little occupants in other rooms in my house, I've shied away from the idea of wanting to use it and have just stuck with a pistol close at hand.

Comment

Oh I totally agree. A micro PCC with a brace or SBR (side note, in MD a SBR must be at least 29" OAL, which ridiculous) is much better than a pistola for just about anything, stability wise (1 or 2 extra points of contact). The lower relative blast versus an AR (much less a shorty AR) is a huge bonus too.
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X