X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    gonna paint my 870 OD grean, using spray paint... Man the finish on these guns suck. Constantly trying to rust on me.
    Yea I found that with mine. I keep it in my vehicle in case i come home to some critters.

They need to be oiled well, that's for sure. But I have found a good soaking seems to keep it in line. Just need to get the oil absorbed well into the parkerized finish. On the bright side, what little rust I found was easily removed.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting in my driveway now listening to a pack of Coyotes screaming their assss off.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    gonna paint my 870 OD grean, using spray paint... Man the finish on these guns suck. Constantly trying to rust on me.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    I think you would have been better off stripping it down and working with the individual pieces. Then work your way up to 2,000 or 2500 grit and hit them with a polishing compound.
    This. You hit a few spots on the frame while sanding. Simply removing those parts would have prevented that entirely. I probably would have left the plunger tube alone, but it's your gun and it's not like you were bubba-ing up a collector piece. Make it yours.

My AR9 went through a few changes over the last week. I decided to go with a QC10 colt lower and got it out to the range. These can apparently be finicky little bastards to get running reliably, but I put 450 rds though it at the range and it ran perfectly with a mix of UMC, WWB, and Federal HST ammo. It got pretty filthy but it still ran like a top. I might try to get a better RDS and keep this next to the bed.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    I think you would have been better off stripping it down and working with the individual pieces. Then work your way up to 2,000 or 2500 grit and hit them with a polishing compound.

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied

I saw a beautiful 1911 customized this way at the range and did my best to replicate it with sandpaper. How did I do?

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Anyone on here clued in on antique revolvers or know some solid resources?

I acquired this little number which used to belong to my grandfather on my dad's side

Its a Forehand Arms break action .32. The cylinder and associated parts are long gone by now, so I'd like to find a new one (or make a new one if I could model the original).

The top of the Barrel reads:
    "FOREHAND ARMS CO. WORCESTER MASS. U.S.A.
    PAT'D DEC 7. '86, JANY 11. '87; & PAT. APPLIED FOR"

The fact that it is stamped "Forehand Arms" rather than "Forehand & Wadsworth" it is built some time between 1890 and 1902. Other than that I'm not really sure about it. In the research I've done every one of their revolvers looks different.. not sure if that's just how they did things back then or if they had a bunch of slight variances in models.

I know these weren't as popular or durable as a Colt or S&W but I would definitely like to clean this thing up and shoot it once or twice

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    My wife has a mossberg 500 and I have a 870. I have to say her 500 is nicer than mine, but she payed more for hers. Hers has a ported barrel and the design makes it lighter than the 870. It shoots softer as well.

Leave a comment:

• Khalbob
    replied
    I love some pump-action guns. I have my father's Mossberg 500. This is the bad-ass shotgun. :devil:

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Sparc AR is a great optic for the money.

As far as fit, finish, and operation if felt just as good as my Eotech (minus the holo part.)

Unless taking it to battle, the Vortex is an easy choice.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    I shot my buddies Vortex Strikefire and liked that a lot. I just got a Sparc as a part of a PSA lower kit and I haven't shot it yet, but it seems solid enough. Figured it was worth the extra $90 to throw it on for my 9mm AR pistol. Just waiting on my endomag kits and I'll be ready to go to the range with this guy.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    So I should stop looking at ACOGs?;D

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    +1 for the SIG Romeo5. I have one and it's great!

Though I found out I have a astigmatism...

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Ammo is always a consideration, but have a decent supply. I don't have the time or locations to really shoot rifles much, so this is really a hypothetical exercise. I've never gotten beyond the basics with any long gun, always been a pistol guy, so I'm not out shooting anything.

Practically speaking, I'll never try to reach out beyond 100yds, never shoot for tiny groups, just do some blasting with the old man. Red dot makes sense for that I think. Handguard down the road, if ever.
    Sig Romeo5 is your answer. $120 and you have a decent reliable little red dot. Just buy an extra battery, throw it in your bag and you will be good for years.

I regret buying an eotech for my first carbine optic. It’s great and all, but overkill for what I need( same type use as you describe) Would have been better getting a Sig and more ammo.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
    Without knowing what you have otherwise, the answer is ammo.

For a fighting rifle, I would rather have an optic first, ff rail gains nothing if you aren’t using a white light or PEQ. Most do not outshoot their capabilities of their rifle necessitating going free float with irons
    Ammo is always a consideration, but have a decent supply. I don't have the time or locations to really shoot rifles much, so this is really a hypothetical exercise. I've never gotten beyond the basics with any long gun, always been a pistol guy, so I'm not out shooting anything.

Practically speaking, I'll never try to reach out beyond 100yds, never shoot for tiny groups, just do some blasting with the old man. Red dot makes sense for that I think. Handguard down the road, if ever.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Finally got to shoot some today. Had a friend wanting to go since he doesn't have a day job anymore(got let go and is trying to start up his consulting business) and his daughter flew in last night so all three of us went out.

It was really muddy but still fun!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X