No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From reading the blackthorne crap seems to be a lot of hearsay like most internet garble. But I took the upper back off and put some oil on the parts and it seems like the bolt is sliding a lot better. It didn't look like whoever put the upper together used any lube.

The lower is a Smith and Wesson M&P15 from a local gunshop. The rest was purchased recently at a gun show in town. It was a blackthorne kit, minus the lower. I don't have specific's on any of the parts in that kit but it is the 16" a2 upper with the m4 style stock.

Even though the bolt is moving better and its feeding more of the rounds now, its still not 100%. I have just been feeding them by hand since I didn't have time to go shoot today... But anyway, I would say about half the time it looks like its feeding great and the other half it looks like the bolt stops a few mm out from where it should be. And if I hit the assister it doesn't push the bolt in anymore. It seems to only get stuck like that if the slide isn't pulled back ALL the way to cock it.
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I think it will be fine, being new Im sure its going to be a bit tight. Inspect the bolt to see if its wearing oddly anywhere.

The reason I keep bringing up the buffer is they make different weights. When the round is fired it drives the bolt and buffer back into the tube. The spring pushes the bolt back into battery. IF you have a heavier buffer it will have more rebound force pushing the bolt back harder. The H buffer and H2 buffers are used in 9mm AR applications. AS well as other cal. used in the AR platform with less blow back pressure.

IF you have a friend with an AR, try swapping out uppers. This will eliminate any part of either the upper and or lower.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Figured I may as well post in this thread as I am about to become a gun owner, since CT has a 2 week waiting period for long guns purchased without a hunting license. Purchased a Marlin 60 (.22LR) for cheap, mostly for plinking when I go up to New Hampshire. I find it pretty ironic since I can see the Marlin factory from my house too. Been thinking about picking up a decent 12 or 20 gauge for Turkey hunting too. That and maybe a decent 9mm, but CT has a lot of hoops to jump through before you can legally obtain a handgun.
        Originally posted by BillBrasky
        E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
        1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
        1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
        1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
        2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

guys heads up. Really not a bad deal from DSA. IF you want to build a nice AR for under $600 this is your chance for a really nice upper. They are made for DSA by POF. I run a POF billet lower on one of my ARs and its some really nice craftsmanship.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by BenM View Post
            Purchased a Marlin 60 (.22LR)
            That was my first gun I purchased when I was a kid with 1989 Upper Deck Rookies of Ken Griffey JR. Just to go shooting its one of the funnest. Also being that its still cheap to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
              That was my first gun I purchased when I was a kid with 1989 Upper Deck Rookies of Ken Griffey JR. Just to go shooting its one of the funnest. Also being that its still cheap to shoot.
              Thats pretty cool. I used to shoot a Ruger 10/22 when I was 13 or 14 at summer camp and thats sort of what triggered me buying this. That and the other uncertainties in these current times, figured I may as well start my collection somewhere. :)
              Originally posted by BillBrasky
              E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
              1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
              1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
              1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
              2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

funny I just picked up a 10/22 from my grandfather. Still brand new in box and a sale date of 1986. I still have not shot it, its looks so nice though in the safe.

Comment

As for shotguns, I <3 my Browning Citori's. Just got home from Kansas, opening Dove season. Took a Citori 12 and a Citori 20, amazing shotguns. Love em. I'm also partial to Remington. I've never gone Turkey hunting though, so I'm not sure what the big favorite is for that.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                  Originally posted by DTM190
                  "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Here's a Colt Gunsite CCO I picked-up the other day...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sig has jumped on the band wagon and now is offering

CASH for Klunkers!

SIG SAUER - Gives you $200 "CASH For your KLUNKER* Handgun"

Purchase a new SIG SAUER® P220®, P226®, P229®, 1911, SIG556 pistol, or SIG556 rifle from your dealer’s inventory from September 7th through November 30th, 2009, and SIG SAUER will give you $200.00 for your old KLUNKER* pistol or revolver.

To receive your $200.00 payment, simply send your old KLUNKER* with a copy of your form 4473 and proof of purchase of your new Classic pistol (no later than Friday, December 4, 2009) to:

SIG SAUER, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833, ATTN: CK-1

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/klunker.aspx

Comment

Crap! Has to be 9mm or larger. I have a beat to crap walther P22 that I would love to trade in on another SIG.

I do have a Keltec 9mm that I don't love, but it's still worth about $200...

Comment

I never shot a Sig...how are they in quality?

Comment

Originally posted by ACMF74 View Post
                            I never shot a Sig...how are they in quality?

Works of art... beautiful weapons!

Comment

I don't know how you guys feel about this type of sport shooting (amateurish at best here) but I would like to get into more of it at some point. This was done by myself and my old man. Shooting is meh (first time I had shot both firearms). Let me know what you think and tips/suggestions. Flamesuit on!

Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

cant get that video to link.....

Comment

Working...
                                X