No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of the FN Five-seveN? I was looking at one today, I keep bouncing between that, a 1911, and th xd(m). Trying to narrow my search by Christmas time.

Comment

cool pistol, a bit bulky and odd feeling. The round once was super expensive but now everything is evenly expensive. I dont think its got the punch one would need. But it is coming at you fast! The high round count is one of its coolest attributes.

Id go 1911 if I were you unless you just had money to blow to buy both.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadrajet View Post
        The M72 is stamped, If memory serves me the M64 is milled. And yes standard AK mags will work. If you can find the right pattern Yugo mags the follower will hold the bolt open after the last shot, till the mag is removed.

The M72 I feel will have more accuracy potential over any AKM variant. As an added feature the M72 has windage adjustable rear sights. All around they are just plain Cool.

I didn't know these were California "friendly" toys.

OK it must be a 64 I know its milled. I havent ownd a "AK" type rifle yet. But my friend has a B-west BWK milled in .223. That thing is just sexy.

There CA Friendly as long as you cant take the mag out by hand u must use a tool of some sort. And as long as its not on the list.
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          What do you guys think of the FN Five-seveN? I was looking at one today, I keep bouncing between that, a 1911, and th xd(m). Trying to narrow my search by Christmas time.

5/7 is a neat pistol and man do they throw the brass a long damm way. I would get a 1911 or xd or some thing more common to start off with. I know a guy that owns a gun shop in kalispell that carries a 5/7 and loves it. But the big draw back to them is the hard to find ammo.

Yes it dose have some punch the ss109 ammo is supposedly armor piercing, and has been very hard to come by since I dont think its commercially available any more.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Ok, I think the XD(m) is the way I want to go. I think it felt better in hand than a 1911 to me, but I'll have to go try a few more as it was a while ago I checked stuff out and was not paying enough attention.

Comment

1911's are nice for many things, they are like the Small Block Chevy of Pistols. There are tons of aftermarket parts to tune one just about any way you like. And if you can score a .22 conversion kit it makes for a cheap practice piece as well.

Comment

Colt Model 1911 Mk IV, loaded with Black Talons.
                "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
                -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

I'm startin to lean toward 9mm instead of .40 now. Any input? I'm lookin online for differences in price and ballistics.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                  Originally posted by DTM190
                  "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                    I'm startin to lean toward 9mm instead of .40 now. Any input? I'm lookin online for differences in price and ballistics.
                    Its all up to you. But I'm partial to 40. 40 has a creates a larger wound cavity. Prices are within a few dollars but 40s been the easiest for me to find at the moment.

Edit: And 40 will go threw objects better.
                    Last edited by 416stroker; 10-20-2009, 05:54 PM.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Yeah. I was told today at the shop while lookin at pistols there's a hole in the wall place, indoor range, that will rent to the public. So i'm gonna look into that before purchasing

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                        Yeah. I was told today at the shop while lookin at pistols there's a hole in the wall place, indoor range, that will rent to the public. So i'm gonna look into that before purchasing
                        Thats a good idea rent anthing you consider buying.
                        84 318I Delphin RIP
                        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I'm pretty set on a Glock. You can't complain really with $500, some are cheaper, some are more depending what the shop installed. I went to 2 shops today, 1 was my normal 1, 1 was new. The new guy stocked sig and said sig was the end all be all carry gun. I was like, buh bye..... I held the full size 9mm Glock, and it fit my hand and felt good / fine...

I just gotta pick a caliber now I think... I still wanna shoot a few before really buying anything though, just in case it sways my mind.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hey dont bash the guy and shrug him off for being a Sig guy ;) . There are many of us on here that carry them. Me personally will carry nothing else any more, and I was a HK guy till I got my 220

I hate glock with a passion just dont feel right in the hand. Have you even felt up a Sig Or shot one??? Try it, before you wright them off is all. If it dose not fit your hand well then its not right for you, if the Tupperwear dose then so be it.
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Sigs are way over hyped IMO. I'd carry a CZ P-06 over anything but a custom 1911.

Not trying to start a war
                              Last edited by 416stroker; 10-20-2009, 07:12 PM.
                              84 318I Delphin RIP
                              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

No I know we all have or opinions and reasons on what works for each of us. Yes Sig has some hype and it may be a bit over the top, but the product is still top notch.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X