No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CZ is nice. I bought my 452 a few years ago new, I figured I didn't wanna take a chance on a used rifle and I wanted a very accurate one. It will be the .22 I pass on to a relative later.

A lot of times if I'm testing loads or rifles I bring it with me, to double check if there is a problem with the new gun/load, or if I'm having a bad day.

Comment

I dunno if I could ever justify a .17hmr because the cost of ammo alone. A .22 magnum is right in my alley.
      Originally posted by Teaguer
      Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

How much would you sell the 10/22 for?

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Not quite sure. Would rather not lose a bunch of $ since it's pretty cheap brand new. Still dunno what I wanna do... I need more options / suggestions as to what people love and hate about their .22s. If I find a model that gets good reviews and such, and is going to be really accurate, etc..... Whatever, I just wanna be able to know what I want (price wise) so I can decide if I wanna sell the gun... But, PM me a figure? Dunno what a slightly used 10/22 is worth.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I just found My 581 here at the inlaws. I forgot I brought it down here last spring lol. I finally put the new scope on it today and am going ot go get a brick tomorrow so I have something to do around here for a while.

Let me put it to you this way. Growing up all my friends had semi auto 22's, all I had was my bolt gun and I got picked on for it. But when we all would go squirrel hunting together who came home with the most squirrels. They would not pick their shots well and just spray and pray to get a hit, while just chasing them to me. I would just follow them in my scope and when the time was just right, I would let 1 single shot off and the squirrel would fall from the trees.

That bolt gun taught me more about hunting and shooting than anything else. It made me learn to take my time with my shoots as you only get 1 good one, no matter how fast a semi auto cycles. It taught me the fundamentals of squeeze not jerk, and a how to estimate bullet drop for longer shots. My mag holds 6 some times I would come home with 5 squirrels, and 1 round left, and never touch the extra box in my pocket. You can teach your self the same things with a semi auto, but its harder as all you have to do is pull the trigger. Squirrel and varmint, hunting would really help you more than anything, as it would teach you the patients you need
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

My only complaints about my CZ, I wish it had a longer barrel. I've shot a Winchester 75 Target rifle at 100yds with iron sights and the slight wind didn't have as much affect on groups, as it did with the CZ. The CZ has a 20" tube, versus the Win 75's 27". I also wish the CZ weighed a pound or two more.

Comment

Alright, so its sounding more and more like bolt-gun (which is what I was probably going to end up with anyway). If I can find a Remington in good / great shape, depending on price, I'd jump on it. Savage seems to be getting good reviews for their various MkII models, but there's a lot of variance I'm not quite sure what to be looking for honestly. Having a very accurate gun out of the box would be optimal since I'd rather not spend any money on a barrel right out of the box... The one thing I'd most likely do is pick up a two-stage trigger.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Really man, if you are just starting out and are trying to get your fundamentals worked out, anything thats in i good shape will be more accurate than you. Get good with shit outta the box 1st before you start going about adding shit and modding it to be better. If you are the problem the most accurate gun in the world will do you no good.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Sounds good.... I'm really leaning toward Savage cause they seem to be best bang for the buck, and people seem to be pretty happy with em. Just not sure what model to go with... There's like 25 variations on the same damn caliber.

Comment

if you are going to go with a NEW savage the Mark II TR would be the one I would be looking for and a good Tasco Rimfire (bout 30 bucks) scope would be a good place to start. Or for about 120 a BSA rimfire "sweet 22"

William Pitt-

Comment

I cruised through the MkII section and compared all the specs listed, and they're all pretty much the same, but have nearly a $200 difference depending what you're looking at... It seems to me you're essentially paying for the look of the stock... None of them come with the AccuStock. They all have the AccuTrigger. All have the same length barrel (give or take), overall length, and twist... I love my guns and stuff, but I guess the nitty gritty techincal stuff kinda stumps me... The TR is really cool, but I've been looking at some of the others...

Now that I scanned back over the various models, I notice material in stock changes (obvious) but also different material for the barrels and stuff.... I might PM you here in a few Sleeve

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dont you guy have ground squirrels down there too. Find a farmer/rancher some where near you and see if he will let you kill off the destructive little fuckers. They are good practice for you to learn on. You only get one shot. then they all hit the burrows for a good 1/2 hour. I shoot them off the back deck outta the horse pasture, at home, but they get smart fast and anytime that door opens they hide and the look out looks right at the deck to see if anyone is on it. It got to the point where I had to lay prone on the deck and shoot though the rungs for the railing even when their burrows are 60-70 yards out.

William Pitt-

Comment

lol, that's awesome. I can look into it, but this is a heavily... yuppie... influenced county... People actually PAID... fucking PAID.... to have prairie dogs captured and relocated..

Comment

Yeah there is a few guys that have a Vac truck (like they use to suck out septic tanks) and pad the tank and suck out prairie dogs and shit other like critters and relocate them. Seen it on tv a few times. I just rather let some one pay 50 bucks a day to shoot them, or let them shoot them for free.

See what 30 years of California migration to CO has done. there are places in ID and MT that are getting like that too.

William Pitt-

Comment

lol yeah it's a shame that it's happening at all.... PM'd u too

Comment

Working...
                                X