No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I'm looking for a basic pump shotgun...will be a range toy mostly, just to goof around with. 26 or 28" barrel.

Considering an 870, Browning BPS, or ???. Which one and why?
    sigpic
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
      So, I'm looking for a basic pump shotgun...will be a range toy mostly, just to goof around with. 26 or 28" barrel.

I absolutely love my Benelli Nova pump in 26". I paid like $350 from a special going on at a local store and i love shooting it. Its accurate as hell and has yet to fail me
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post

Big 5 sports (Maybe you have them) was giving away Mossberg 500s last week.

Out the door with gun (20" barrel, and 7rd mag tube), taxes, background check, and 10rnds of 00 buck was $322.

The mossberg 500 was THE US military issue shotgun for ~20 years.... then they updated the gun to the 590. Its the same gun, just upgrades to make it stronger for military use. Now the military uses Benelli.

Mossberg 500s are cheap, durable, reliable, and will out live you.

Comment

I picked up a 590A1 a few months back and I'm extremely impressed with it. I used to have a 500, but I never liked the way it felt, almost... flimsy?
          Last edited by AmosTheRocker; 08-20-2011, 11:11 AM.

Originally posted by mightywhitey
          WHITE PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM POLAR BEARS AND IRAN.

Comment

870's have served in every US conflict since WWI the navy I think went to the mossy in the 80's I could be wrong.

BPS is a good gun FIL has one. I would stick with the trusty 870 or 500/590 mossy I have a 1 of each 870/590, cheap and reliable as a rock
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              870's have served in every US conflict since WWI the navy I think went to the mossy in the 80's I could be wrong.

BPS is a good gun FIL has one. I would stick with the trusty 870 or 500/590 mossy I have a 1 of each 870/590, cheap and reliable as a rock

Mossberg claims the Model 500 is the only shotgun to pass the US Army's Mil-Spec 3443E test, "a brutal and unforgiving torture test with 3,000 rounds of full power 12 gauge buckshot". (The updated 3443G specification requires a metal trigger guard, so only the Model 590A1 variants, which have a heavier barrel and use metal trigger groups instead of the standard Model 500's plastic trigger groups, will fit the requirements.[2])
              While the Marines officially switched to the semi-automatic M1014 Combat Shotgun in 1999, various branches of the US military are still acquiring pump shotguns. The Navy acquired several thousand Mossberg 590A1 shotguns in 2004,[9] and the US Army placed an order in 2005 for 14,818 units at a price of just over US$316 each[10] (The Benelli M1014 is considerably more expensive).
              In 2009 US Special Forces Groups procured Military Enhancement Kits to provide a standardized shotgun configuration based on the Mossberg 500. The kits included a collapsible stock, "shotgun retention system", 1913 receiver rail, forend rail system and breaching barrels. A total of 1301 shotguns were converted with the first unit being equipped in July, 2009. The majority of the kits convert the standard issue shotgun to a 14" compact model with a 16" accessory breaching barrel.

It might give the impression of "flimsy", but the US military might dispute that. If a soldier feels comfortable carrying a 500/590, so do I.

Comment

Sleeve, the shotgun issued in WW1 was the M1897 Trench Gun. The Krauts feared it. The 1897 also saw use in WW2.

the rem 870 was design in 1951.

Comment

you know your right. I dont what the hell I was thinking when I was posting that. Its a damm Winchester too boot that served in WWI. Must be I was only thinking that Pump 12ga has served in every conflict.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

smartgunner.com is running another one of their Daniel Defense "build your own AR15 upper" packages again.. $650 and you choose what rail you want, most are free but some are $40 extra so for about $700 you can have a very nice upper. So for about a grand you could have a pretty solid setup!

I did this when they were selling them for a bit cheaper.. and although their customer service sucks and it took forever to arrive, it is a killer deal imo!

:D
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yeah its a good deal. But for me no .308/7.62x51 NO care. :D

William Pitt-

Comment

haha, Yeah I do wish they would offer up more caliber choices

.308 is going to be my next build I think!

Comment

I are old school. 30 cal battle rifle for me please.

I will say I cant say enough good things about about my LMT.

William Pitt-

Comment

got a lovely shipment from AIM today :D 10 more magazines and lots of 5.56 & 9mm ammo!

Comment

My toys:

Comment

^

Nice Mosin with a Nikon Pistol scope on it????

Question, why the pistol scope opposed to a more traditional set up???
                                Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X