No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright guys, I'm in the market for an LBE rig. Here's my idea of use and requirements. I need to carry 3 AK mags, 3 pistol mags, level 1 first aid kit and possibly another multipurpose pouch. Need to be able to belt holster carry my pistol, don't want to horizontal carry. I plan to use this while having fun out in the desert and of course SHTF. Would prefer to not look super military or tactical, I know a tac vest that doesn't look tactical...
    To give you an idea of my outside shooting gear, I have OD and coyote 5.11 tac pants and coyote 5.11 tac shirt, brown boots and a hat. So coyote color would obviously be best. Main rifle is AK and main pistol is fullsize M&P.

Suggestions and opinions, go!

Comment

I'm fearing my time without a 1911 is coming to an end. Just threw the AK47 on Armslist as FS/FT.

I wasn't sure if I cared to sell it, but I don't see myself shooting it much. Just not an AK guy I guess.

But I really want a 1911.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
        ^ what he said. I want a 1911 so bad but I really think it'd end up staying cased quite a bit since IMO they're too big to conceal carry.
        I think I can conceal one fairly well...It's gotta have a bit of cant for me though. Throw a jacket over a IWB holster with your t shirt untucked and its gone.

Edit: my piece I picked up a few weeks ago...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DER E30; 04-17-2014, 12:26 AM.
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

^ You guys are not making this easier.

I almost sent a guy an E-mail who wanted to trade his SR1911, then I realized it didn't have an ambidextrous safety. I didn't e-mail him about it. Not that I need an ambi safety, but what kind of 1911 doesn't have one?
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
            I think I can conceal one fairly well...It's gotta have a bit of cant for me though. Throw a jacket over a IWB holster with your t shirt untucked and its gone.
            I live in Arizona. There is about one month a year I can wear a jacket lol

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
              Alright guys, I'm in the market for an LBE rig. Here's my idea of use and requirements. I need to carry 3 AK mags, 3 pistol mags, level 1 first aid kit and possibly another multipurpose pouch. Need to be able to belt holster carry my pistol, don't want to horizontal carry. I plan to use this while having fun out in the desert and of course SHTF. Would prefer to not look super military or tactical, I know a tac vest that doesn't look tactical...
              To give you an idea of my outside shooting gear, I have OD and coyote 5.11 tac pants and coyote 5.11 tac shirt, brown boots and a hat. So coyote color would obviously be best. Main rifle is AK and main pistol is fullsize M&P.

Suggestions and opinions, go!
              Ok, since you guys are so quiet. Thought I'd share my top runner right now. Doesn't have pistol mag pouches or FAK, but is good for non-serious desert fun. Maybe I'll pick up an AR500 plate rig to stash for more serious situations.

Comment

Uhh, nevermind. They have a 3-5 month wait.

Comment

I live in Arizona. There is about one month a year I can wear a jacket lol
                  Haha well in wash, there is about 2 months I can't wear a jacket or sweatshirt.
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

How about something like this?

Moral of this story?

Comment

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Enh...Vest,23,86.htm This looks nice too, but the entry fee is large

Moral of this story?

Comment

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Enh...Vest,23,86.htm This looks nice too, but the entry fee is large

Blackhawk was once a great product when made here in the states. Once it got shipped over quality started to fall apart.

Check out Tactical Tailor or SKD Tactical or you could get into Eagle or US Palm if you want the good stuff.
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

About the only BLACKHAWK! product I have experience with is their SERPA holsters. I've not had any issues with them, but it's pretty hard to fuck up a piece of plastic that holds my gun lol

Moral of this story?

Comment

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/mavcomplete.aspx I dig this. The price is up there but it comes with god damn everything

Moral of this story?

Comment

The US Palm AK Attack Rack is pretty sweet. For the time being I've decided to go a bandoleer (mag purse) route instead of a chest rig. I like how discreet it can be, I prefer to always appear to be a normal citizen and too many of these full rigs look way too aggressive to the uninitiated. Here's what I'm ordering, all in coyote.

(x1 + waist strap) http://762tactical.com/pouches/molle...bandoleer.html
                              (x1) http://762tactical.com/pouches/open-...e-holds-4.html
                              (x1) http://762tactical.com/pouches/piggyback-pouch.html

Comment

That should be a nice little setup!

Moral of this story?

Comment

Working...
                                X