No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I would be running away from that potential sale right quick and in a hurry.................

I would also be dumping that email addy and getting a new one with a totally different user name preferably with these guys. I have not looked hard into it them yet but seriously thinking about it

Proton Mail is the world’s largest secure email service with over 100 million users. Available on Web, iOS, Android, and desktop. Protected by Swiss privacy law.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      yeah I would be running away from that potential sale right quick and in a hurry.................

I would also be dumping that email addy and getting a new one with a totally different user name preferably with these guys. I have not looked hard into it them yet but seriously thinking about it

https://protonmail.ch/
      Curious why you say that. DHS creating their own registry?

Comment

Sounds sketchy, would not do...
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I did some internet sleuthing and come to find out this guy emailing me is in the immigration department of DHS. The first email I sent him was bounced back saying that he's on leave for the next month or so. If this is some sort of ploy to get a list of gun owners...who cares, I already have a CCW so they know who I am and where I live. I'm not going to pull the plug just yet, he may be a newbie guntard or a typical "craigslist" flake but I don't think there is anything nefarious going on here. Anyway, if I disappear from the forums forever, you all can formulate your own theories. :)

Comment

Just seems weird that he would use his work email for his personal business...
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
              Curious why you say that. DHS creating their own registry?
              DHS is a bit all encompassing when it comes to federal L/E and knowingly dealing with one of its agents for a firearms deal is playing with fire too me. Seems like too big of a red flag to bring undue attention to your self. I know there is NOTHING illegal your doing with a private part transaction in AZ or under federal law.

As you should know I have a sever distrust for almost ALL govt and the people they employ, not a deal I would make.......... thats all I am saying, and the new email, well yours is now at the forefront of the a DHS employee inquiring about buying/selling firearms with out a background check you know this is a big issue in the current gun debate, I would not be wanting to contribute to a govt operation to give credence to the mantra they wish to present. Even if this is a guy that is wanting it for his personal reasons why is he using a govt Email to buy a firearm "off the books" and surfing back page while we the taxpayer are paying him to do his job...................................... unless of course this is his job.

To me the Red flag is strong with this one................. Though who would be stupid enough to try and do this and use a fucking Govt Email??? Too fishy for me either way.
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

To me the Red flag is strong with this one................. Though who would be stupid enough to try and do this and use a fucking Govt Email??? Too fishy for me either way.
                Agreed, my meter pegged immediately. However I'm starting to think this guy is just a moron, he didn't sound super bright over the phone. He actually sounded really flaky, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't respond. As for my email at the top of some DHS list, whatever... I don't trust the fuckers either but I'm too small of a law abiding fish to waste any sort of resources on.

Comment

selling guns on Craigslist is against craigslist policy I believe it is as well on backpage. I would be very careful if I were you.
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Parsed, what sort of Saiga is it exactly?
                    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                      selling guns on Craigslist is against craigslist policy I believe it is as well on backpage. I would be very careful if I were you.
                      Oh yeah forgot about that part, I know Clist is a big no no, didnt know about back page.

Yes be very careful RUN form the DHS guy.....................

William Pitt-

Comment

Yes be very careful RUN form the DHS guy.....................

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                          Backpage is OK for firearms and that's where I listed it.

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                          Parsed, what sort of Saiga is it exactly?
                          16" 7.62x39, converted with Carolina Shooters Supply kit. Want more details shoot me a PM.

Comment

I generally don't wear nearly as thick a layer of tin foil as sleeve but I'll echo his sentiments. Kind of seems like a no brainer to me...

RUN from the DHS guy.....................

Comment

good story!

Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. McClinton was wounded but was able to scramble off. In 2010, McClinton was charged with shooting another man.
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                                So I have my Saiga AK up for sale on armslist and backpage. I just got an email stating. "I would like to buy your AK, please call me at *local number*." I'm a little weirded out that his email is an @dhs.gov. Should I call the guy and feel it out?

Ehh...I'm not doing anything illegal and the rifle is properly converted to 922r compliance. I guess if it were the BATFE then I could be concerned. Called the guy, seemed legit.
                                Motherfucker, you just finished that god damn thing. Not a fan?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                                X