Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accident View Post
    Motherfucker, you just finished that god damn thing. Not a fan?
    Haha, no I love the rifle. After taking my carbine class I've decided that I want to explore that further along with some competition shooting (3 gun probably) and the improved ergos and reduced recoil of the AR are undeniable. Wish I could keep both, but don't have the funds set aside to keep both.

Comment

where do you guys buy your stuff at? any good online places?
      "I wanna see da boat movie"
      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
        where do you guys buy your stuff at? any good online places?
        Clarify stuff?
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

upper assemblies, lower receivers, attachments, etc. for carbine

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
            upper assemblies, lower receivers, attachments, etc. for carbine

Im assuming AR-15s? Whats your budget?

Palmetto State
            Spikes
            Larue
            Daniel Defense
            LMT
            LWRC
            just depends on what you are looking for.
            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

ARFCOM equipment exchange. I've scored some slick deals on shit there.

Comment

Installed dissipator upper and acs-l this week. :)

Originally posted by Ryan...
                It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

^ OD green? Hard to tell from the pics.

Comment

lol, thats the second time you've asked me. Yep! Btw, since you're selling, you should just go ahead and build a 7.62 x 39 AR. ...and if you need to do it on a budget, give Shilco Industries a call. Last I saw, they were offering billet flattop(minus-the-stripped-lower) gun kits for under $450 in 7.62 or 5.56. not cheap shit either. 158 bolts, free-floating mid-lengths, 1:7 barrels, multiple finishes, the works. Grab a blem lower for 50 bucks and you got a sub-$500 gun and you get to keep your current ammo. I'm probably gonna call them when I do a 7.62 pistol AR

It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                      lol, thats the second time you've asked me. Yep! Btw, since you're selling, you should just go ahead and build a 7.62 x 39 AR. ...and if you need to do it on a budget, give Shilco Industries a call. Last I saw, they were offering billet flattop(minus-the-stripped-lower) gun kits for under $450 in 7.62 or 5.56. not cheap shit either. 158 bolts, free-floating mid-lengths, 1:7 barrels, multiple finishes, the works. Grab a blem lower for 50 bucks and you got a sub-$500 gun and you get to keep your current ammo. I'm probably gonna call them when I do a 7.62 pistol AR
                      Hahahaha, wtf...sorry man. Get a better camera so I can't stop asking the same thing over and over again. I've heard nothing but horror stories on 7.62x39 ARs, admittedly I haven't done a ton of research on it. I do have a shit ton of that ammo laying around, but I also have my SKS that I'll never sell and really enjoy shooting. I'll look into it a bit more, thx for the heads up.

Pardon if you already covered this, but is that barrel a stainless PSA? If so, they are dirt cheap right now and really tempting, any feedback?

Comment

I don't have a budget, thanks for places though.

Comment

i know! sorry it's my poopy 2 1/2 year old iPhone, lol. lighting was a bit shitty so it turned out all grainy too. Not sure where you hear all the bad rumors... 7.62 AR's are the bee's knees(i actually hate that saying). but seriously i've never had any issues trying a couple out that my buddy has built. the only thing that kinda blows is mags aren't as cheap. just make sure you buy a complete upper so all the tolerances have already been spec'd. it will make your life world's easier. The PSA barrel is top notch. keep in mind SS barrels, while a little more accurate, get hot faster and retain heat longer. it's not the best barrel in the world, but i can hold a tighter group at 100 yards than my buddy's Wilson Combat mid-length. Thats when shooting both on the iron sights. We traded guns to compare shooter error, btw. I'm sure my sight radius helped in my favor a little though.

Comment

Nice, I'll probably stick with the 5.56 and CHF barrel. Plan to put a lot of rounds through it.

Comment

My license showed up yesterday, now I just need to narrow in on what I want to buy. Definitely picking up a pistol, sig 226 .22lr with 9mm conversion. I'll likely get a rifle within the year but I haven't decided if I want to go bolt-action or semi-auto. AR's are restricted here so I can only bring it to the range, and I want something I can take into the bush. Two that stand out currently are XCR-L and the SL8. Input?

Comment

SL8 wound not be restricted as well???? Are all semi autos centerfire rifles "restricted" or just AR pattern or all the ill contrived media propagandized "assault weapons"

For a turn bolt rifle I would be looking at Sako/Tikka over the Rem 700. Out of the box its a much better rifle IMO both form a quality of components, Fit and Finnish stand point and from a accuracy stand point. The Tikka is a similar price point to the more "refined" factory 700's all though usually a little more money with about 85% of the Sako parts in it. Not to mention you get the very same barrels alloy, heat treatments. and receiver off the sako line. The Sako's in a Syn stock and what not are about 50% to double the price, but your getting a much better rifle than a 700. To make a 700 equal to a out of the box Sako 85 your going to have to pay a smith about the cost of the rifle to true it up and tweek it...

Or there is another option they didnt make them for very long, but if you can find a Sako M995 on the used market slang name is the TRG-S. Its a Sako TRG "Sport" the only real difference form the TRG is the traditional sportsman field type stock and the receiver is open across the top of the action and not a full hood, non adjustable trigger and the safety is the traditional style and location opposed to the push pull style in side the trigger guard forward of the trigger . It retains the TRG 60* bolt throw. and lots of the fine detail, yet no real frills finishing from the TRG line, should be a sub MOA gun out of the box if not Sub 1/2 moa rifle, if it has not been abused. I am still looking for one in 300WM to take over elk hunting duties.

Brush gun = Lever action in my mind
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X