Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
    Took the Gen 4 Glock 19 to the range tonight, and rented the Gen 3 Glock 23 for side-by-side shooting/comparison.

I put 200 rounds through the G19 and 100 rounds through the G23 and I was consistently more accurate with the G23. I tried everything. Different stances, different hand/finger positions on both guns, and no matter what, I could put cleaner spreads down with the .40S&W G23. With the G19, I couldn't put the bullet where I wanted to as consistently. The G19 was a little bit lighter than the G23 (both fully loaded), and I want to say that controlling the G23 was actually easier than the G19.

The extra recoil of the G23 didn't bother me. If anything, the lack of recoil of the G19 bothered me because the difference was pretty noticeable.

Today's r&d was for CCW in California. I hate to say it, but I actually like the G23 better than the G19. I'm actually pissed that I like the G23 better. I think I'm going to buy a Gen 4 G23 tomorrow. .40 > 9mm? Too early to tell, but I've shot about 5 handguns so far and .40 has always been my strong suit thus far.

Fuggit.
    I will trade you my gen3 23!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
      I will trade you my gen3 23!
      I'm a left handed shooter. Gen 4 has the reversible mag release button which I like. Gen 4 for me.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
        Just orderd a few small parts for my g19.
        Beavertail backstraps
        grip extender and plug
        and gohst slide release extender.

Thats prob the extent of the modifications, only other mod in the future maybee new sights, but for now just need to really practice with it. Anyone elses dominant eye the opposite of their dominant hand? I am always uncomfortable, and switching hands feels completely unatural.
        I have the same problem, left hand right eye dominant. It doesn't effect me much with a handgun as I've always shot both eyes open. With a rifle or shottie. I struggle and have to sight with my right eye closed. Otherwise I end up trying to tilt my head over the bore to get a sight picture.

Comment

My wife is right handed left-eye dominant. I had her start to shoot long guns left handed, and her pistol she can still shoot it right handed.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I really have it set in my mind that I need a new polymer framed pistol. Something between a full size and compact. I have been looking hard at the Glock 19 and the CZ P07 (the new 2014 model, not the older Duty model). I've shot both and like them both. I'm kind of leaning toward the P07. I already have 4 other CZ's and could user another one LOL.

Anyone here have a P07?
            Current: 2011 M3
            Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1992 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT, 2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Comment

I don't have a CZ, but have shot the P07. What I really like is the hammer, for some reason I like a firearm with a hammer. Trigger pull is great in SA IMHO, the thin slide is a plus in my books.

Have you looked at the Smith & Wesson M&P series? I personally think they're a slightly better pistol than the glocks in terms of ergonomics, but ergonomics are a personal thing.

Comment

Seems fitting today..

Went to my local range and poked a few holes in targets. We shoot at field time training (FT3), love it. Everytime we are there the range master has tips and tricks for anyone willing to listen and learn. Could speak highly enough about these guys there.

Our hole pokers:
                Originally posted by IRON-E
                Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
                  I don't have a CZ, but have shot the P07. What I really like is the hammer, for some reason I like a firearm with a hammer. Trigger pull is great in SA IMHO, the thin slide is a plus in my books.

Have you looked at the Smith & Wesson M&P series? I personally think they're a slightly better pistol than the glocks in terms of ergonomics, but ergonomics are a personal thing.
                  I've only shot my friends M&P Shield, not any of the larger models. One thing I like about the P07 is that I can use my 75B mags (which I have a ton of) in for range shooting. They aren't a perfect fit, but good enough for putting down some paper targets.

Gun show is coming to town next week. I think I need to go fondle them all again :D
                  Current: 2011 M3
                  Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1992 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT, 2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Comment

I shot the M&P better than the glocks that I shot. Go to a range and test some out. We found a Groupon for a handgun 101 course, the course I already knew the content. But the ability to shoot 6 different guns is what I went for. We got to shoot 9 shots out of each. 2 of them we shot at 3yrds, and the rest were at 7yrds.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Sig p220 dark elite with blackwood grips, my first pistol.

RIP 02/25/15
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

^
                        Congrats you have picked one HELLUVA pistol to start off with, you cant go back now, you have started with the best of the best. I have been a sig guy for a while now and still have yet to get that pistol and it or the equinox been on the top of my list for nearly as long for a carry gun. Very handsome stick
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Looking to pick up a Ruger 10/22. Anyone know of any good black friday deals?
                          Instagram
                          sigpic
                          Current: 99 M3
                          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Why a 10/22? I owned the stainless version and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
                            Originally posted by IRON-E
                            Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

Originally posted by blue plates View Post
                              Why a 10/22? I owned the stainless version and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
                              Shot my friend's a few times and enjoyed it. Looks like there is a healthy after market for it too.

Instagram
                              sigpic
                              Current: 99 M3
                              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

if you can find 22lr to feed it............... You can just about shoot a 5.56 AR cheaper and certainly much easier to find ammo for it.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X