No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double layer 1 1/2 wide Filson bridal leather is what I use to hold up S&W X frame.....
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Need fitted parts? Check out numrich.

I was tinkering with the sp101 and took too much off the hammer dog, effectively turning it into a single action only revolver.

Ruger will not sell this part, and I was about to send it in until I found out about Numrich Gun Parts.

They had em for $2 a piece so I went ahead and ordered 4. Figure that way I have a couple tries to get it right.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Just orderd a few small parts for my g19.
        Beavertail backstraps
        grip extender and plug
        and gohst slide release extender.

Thats prob the extent of the modifications, only other mod in the future maybee new sights, but for now just need to really practice with it. Anyone elses dominant eye the opposite of their dominant hand? I am always uncomfortable, and switching hands feels completely unatural.

Comment

learn to shoot with both eyes open, you should be doing that anyway... It helps to reduce eye strain on the optic/sighting eye, and feels more natural. If you have issues with this just get something to cover the off eye, until you get used to the feeling. Then work on it with it uncovered little by little until it becomes second nature.

This will not fix the opposite side dominance of hand and eye, but should help you learn to compensate for it if you dont want to learn to shoot as a south paw.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            learn to shoot with both eyes open, you should be doing that anyway... It helps to reduce eye strain on the optic/sighting eye, and feels more natural. If you have issues with this just get something to cover the off eye, until you get used to the feeling. Then work on it with it uncovered little by little until it becomes second nature.

This will not fix the opposite side dominance of hand and eye, but should help you learn to compensate for it if you dont want to learn to shoot as a south paw.
            Iv been practicing this. The hard part for me is the first sighting in when your bring your pistol up to the target the first time. It takes me longer to get everything lined up with both eyes open. I was doing some drills at home with my 1911 and found that if I had one eye closed when I drew and aimed and then opened them both up right after getting my sites on target things went more smoothly.
            Bad habit?
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
              ...I was doing some drills at home with my 1911 and found that if I had one eye closed when I drew and aimed and then opened them both up right after getting my sites on target things went more smoothly.
              Bad habit?
              Interesting. I've been doing the very same thing with my 1911, trying to get used to sighting with both eyes. Had the same delay issue unless i use one eye for a moment before using both. Seems to help me but i'm also wondering if this is a bad habit.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                Iv been practicing this. The hard part for me is the first sighting in when your bring your pistol up to the target the first time. It takes me longer to get everything lined up with both eyes open. I was doing some drills at home with my 1911 and found that if I had one eye closed when I drew and aimed and then opened them both up right after getting my sites on target things went more smoothly.
                Bad habit?
                not really a bad habit to develop muscle memory, just not something you want to do for ever. Its been a long time since I have shot enough to maintain this with out it feeling off so I understand, so what I do is put something opaque over the left side of my shooting glasses and do some draw and aim drills dry. Once you get the memory built and maintain it you should be GTG, one other thing you can do is pull up and get on target with what you think is correct with both eyes they check with one eye....

Even when behind an optic this will help as it reduces the eye strain and help make sure your in a parallax free sight picture a bit easier. It really helps me when I am behind an optic, because I have astigmatism bad in my right/dominant/shooting eye, I dont notice it much in day to day life because my left eye is fine and compensates for it. When I am behind a scope my horizon line and parallel hashes all but disappear in very short order with out my glasses (that I have no idea where they are) but if I keep my left eye open it helps to keep my right eye relaxed and those horizontal lines form disappearing to my vision even if its only seeing cardboard taped to my shooting glasses.

Disclaimer these methods I did not get from a "professional instructor" or shooting course, just what was handed down to me from my Grandpa and what has worked well for me...

William Pitt-

Comment

^
                  Good feed back. Thanks
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                    Hunt something bigger? Like moose or elk?
                    People... Don't worry, they hate the US so its cool.

Comment

Finally got some time set aside to do a little shooting. I haven't put many rounds through the AR lately. The AR has a couple Magpul goodies on it, the .357 is a Performance Center S&W. I'll be bringing the carry weapon along also, H&K USP .40 Compact V2. I'm a left handed shooter, next build will be a true left handed AR.

-Ryan
                      05/87 Henna M3
                      04/71 Baikal 2002tii

Comment

I like the cleanliness of your AR, to many people put BS on them

Comment

Took the Gen 4 Glock 19 to the range tonight, and rented the Gen 3 Glock 23 for side-by-side shooting/comparison.

I put 200 rounds through the G19 and 100 rounds through the G23 and I was consistently more accurate with the G23. I tried everything. Different stances, different hand/finger positions on both guns, and no matter what, I could put cleaner spreads down with the .40S&W G23. With the G19, I couldn't put the bullet where I wanted to as consistently. The G19 was a little bit lighter than the G23 (both fully loaded), and I want to say that controlling the G23 was actually easier than the G19.

The extra recoil of the G23 didn't bother me. If anything, the lack of recoil of the G19 bothered me because the difference was pretty noticeable.

Today's r&d was for CCW in California. I hate to say it, but I actually like the G23 better than the G19. I'm actually pissed that I like the G23 better. I think I'm going to buy a Gen 4 G23 tomorrow. .40 > 9mm? Too early to tell, but I've shot about 5 handguns so far and .40 has always been my strong suit thus far.

Fuggit.
                          world renown Harry Potter expert
                          sigpic

Comment

The wife and I did a intro to handgun class, mainly so that we could shoot 6 guns each and see which we liked. I didnt shoot the Glocks that well. I shot the M&P much better. So did the wife, and she liked the 226.

So yesterday I got her this: S&W M&P9 JG edition:
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Nice!

Got the Sp101 back into action. Didn't even have to do anything to the new hammer dog. Dropped one in and the trigger is smooth. Guess I did OK on everything else.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Thanks man, I'm excited to get to shoot it as well. I've been eyeballing the M&Ps too.

I got it from Cabela's and they are running a special, $20 off and then a $50 discount on your next purchase. So today we went and got $70 of 9mm. Our first 9mm in the house. I counted today and we have almost 1k rounds of .40.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X