Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    if you can find 22lr to feed it............... You can just about shoot a 5.56 AR cheaper and certainly much easier to find ammo for it.
    wait wat.

10/22 shoots Remington Vipre just fine and its about 30 bucks for a box of 525 count cartridges
    Last edited by scabzzzz; 11-13-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

22 is a great play cartridge, if you can get any...
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
        wait wat.

10/22 shoots Remington Vipre just fine and its about 30 bucks for a box of 525 count cartridges
        thats if you can FIND ANY, I got 3 boxes a couple of weeks ago and thats all I have been able to find in the last 16 months on the shelf that is.

Yes 556 of course is a more but you can find that all over the place and in bulk for reasonable prices. I was being facetious, and 30 bucks for less than 1000 rounds of 22LR is not reasonable, hell even CCI should only be 25ish a 1000, but we will likely never see prices like that again.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

You guys seen the XD Mk.2 yet? I want it.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
            Shot my friend's a few times and enjoyed it. Looks like there is a healthy after market for it too.

There definitely is a healthy aftermarket for it. I shot one before buying my own and as soon as I got it I realized I wanted something that shot a decent size bullet and wouldn't jam constantly.
            Originally posted by IRON-E
            Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

I have plenty of guns in real calibers yet I still love playing with my .22s. As mentioned, finding ammo off the shelf is still hard but if you're diligent, it can be had for reasonable prices online.

Comment

/finding amo talk.
                Originally posted by IRON-E
                Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

^
                  Congrats you have picked one HELLUVA pistol to start off with, you cant go back now, you have started with the best of the best. I have been a sig guy for a while now and still have yet to get that pistol and it or the equinox been on the top of my list for nearly as long for a carry gun. Very handsome stick
                  Thanks! Wasn't on the CA legal gun roster list either so I had to try extra hard to get one(legally). Don't get to use it as much as I'd like to since each shot is around $.32 and reloading would be a pain.

My cousin's first gun was a 500 magnum 4" very nervous day at the range first time we shot it lol love that gun, next on my list. Recoil on it wasn't too bad either with the muzzle brake it has and 325gr rounds. Want something I can reload, load down to use at the range all day and load up for defense.

RIP 02/25/15
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

^

Skip the S&W 500 If you want an X frame you want the .460mag. Very similar performance and depending on what your wanting to do with it better in some cases. But with the 460 you have some more cost effective more readily available cartridges at your disposal. Namely the 45 Long Colt, in and loading you want form the uber hot and heavy custom loads to Buffalo Bore +P+ heavy game rounds, to off the shelf light cowboy action 3 gun loads. Or you have .454 Casull in any loading you want, since the S&W 460 is a 45 cal in a very large casing.

The 5in incarnation was out of production for a few years, but due to outrage is back in production though hard to get your hands on in some cases. If your looking for a bear gun for hiking in Grizzly country you can look into the "back packers cannon" which is a 460 with a 3 1/2 in barrel, non-fluted cylinder and no compensator but with a lot of weight built in under the barrel. Its a performance center gun so its got a little more bite in the wallet than the 5" standard variant. Muzzle velocities are a bit higher than the 500 as well in most cases with the 460 especially with the hornday 200gr that the gun was engineered around.

I carry a X frame in the woods nearly every time I go for a hike (until the last few days has been everyday since mid sept) what do I carry you might ask a 5" .460 loaded down with a 300gr Federal Vital shocks with speed loader in reserve. We have predators here ranging form a over population of lions, to wolves, to black and grizzly bears. I would like to get a back packers canon, but I just cant justify it when I have a 5" as it is.

All that said I would not recommend either the 500 or the 460 for a self defense / home defense weapon for human predators, the limited capacity, extended reloading times, and massive recoil limiting quick accurate follow up shots, not to mention the general weight of an X frame, all count against both chamerberings. Yes a hit would be devastating but as the old saying goes, "a single hit with a 22 is better than 8 misses with a 45" You have a good SD/HD pistol as it is now in that Elite, my 220 sits on my night stand. If you really want a HD gun you need to be looking into a reliable 12ga. A sub 300 dollar rem 870 or Mossberg 500 will serve you very very well as a primary HD weapon. Your pistol is to provide you something to work with until you can reach your primary weapon.

just my 2 cents
                    only shot I have of my X frame in its intended environment, Wife manged to sneak this one of me last month on a scouting trip just before elk season opened.

looking by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-14-2014, 12:51 AM.
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Mmm I love my 10/22. Walmart is doing a 20% off on their rifles for black friday.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by blue plates View Post
                        There definitely is a healthy aftermarket for it. I shot one before buying my own and as soon as I got it I realized I wanted something that shot a decent size bullet and wouldn't jam constantly.
                        I've never had an issue with my 10/22. Shoots all kinds of 22. If you get crappy mags you get crappy service.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I really want a 460mag. I think that will be my next handgun buy... I'd love to find a 4 inch or even the 2.75 inch "emergency survival" version...

The 460 makes more sense to me than the 500 because of the versatility of 45colt and 454 plus I'd imagine 45 cal bullets are cheaper and easier to find than 50 cal for reloading purposes... And while "the most powerful handgun in the world" (500) sounds neat and stuff, 460 isn't very far behind power wise when loaded hot...
                          -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

^
                            they dont make that "emergency" kit anymore its been gone for 5 years or so it went the same time they stopped making the 5" as well. The 5" is back as is the 3 1/2 inch back packers cannon I mentioned above. Trust me you dont want to have to touch off a .460 load in that yellow gripped thing, thats why its called an emergency kit. I dont think the .460 ever came in a 4" variation just the 3" emergency kit, the current 3 1/2," 5", 8 3/8", 12," and 14" Te 500 on the other hand does come in a 4" compensated incarnation.

William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to find one used but a 4inch would make me happy.:) But this begs the question, why is everything cool and awesome discontinued!?!? Colt quit making DA revolvers, Smith quit making the snub nosed 460, BMW the e30... I'd love to buy a new detective special but they've been long discontinued. The Colt Magnum Carry was basically a modern 357 capable dick special but alas, very limited production... Python...
                              -Christian

Comment

thats if you can FIND ANY, I got 3 boxes a couple of weeks ago and thats all I have been able to find in the last 16 months on the shelf that is.

Yes 556 of course is a more but you can find that all over the place and in bulk for reasonable prices. I was being facetious, and 30 bucks for less than 1000 rounds of 22LR is not reasonable, hell even CCI should only be 25ish a 1000, but we will likely never see prices like that again.
                                I had no issue finding it online when I bought my little Walther p22 recently but after you posted that, sure as shit all I could find was junky ass 50 count boxes that werent even in stock. And then Cabela's website was down....

BUmmer!

Comment

Working...
                                X