No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a Sparrow this year for my 10/22 and sr22. I like it a lot.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
      Love living in AZ! Once this guy picks up my lower my paperwork goes out for a Saker 762!
      Yo I just moved to Scottsdale off Hayden and McDowell. Let's go shooting!

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Sup. Went to the range the other week. Practicing with iron sights.

Comment

So I think I got the AR bug. I am seriously contemplating a Colt LE6920. Seems to be a pretty sure fire tried and true M4. Also looking at PSA for building one, although I have no experience in gun building whatsoever, it looks to be fairly straight forward. Advantages of the Colt I can see are, well its a Colt (which may mean over priced according to some), and it would be easy to sell if I ever wanted to, warranty, dont think I would have buyers remorse, its seems to be a good all around fun gun from everything I read. Building a gun seems like it could be cheaper and just as reliable/accurate if done correctly, but I wonder how easy it would be to sell down the road if I ever decided to. As of now and for the first year I can forsee only using the steel sights and not adding parts to it. Got a few months to continue to research it before I will have enough saved. Do you guys have any insight for a first time AR.

Comment

Look at the M&P 15 Sport. I got mine for about $560. Great gun. It doesnt have a dust cover or the forward assist. Which can easily be overcome by just buying a stripped upper, most go for $50.

I have one and love it.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
              So I think I got the AR bug. I am seriously contemplating a Colt LE6920. Seems to be a pretty sure fire tried and true M4. Also looking at PSA for building one, although I have no experience in gun building whatsoever, it looks to be fairly straight forward. Advantages of the Colt I can see are, well its a Colt (which may mean over priced according to some), and it would be easy to sell if I ever wanted to, warranty, dont think I would have buyers remorse, its seems to be a good all around fun gun from everything I read. Building a gun seems like it could be cheaper and just as reliable/accurate if done correctly, but I wonder how easy it would be to sell down the road if I ever decided to. As of now and for the first year I can forsee only using the steel sights and not adding parts to it. Got a few months to continue to research it before I will have enough saved. Do you guys have any insight for a first time AR.
              Regarding Colt vs build... Up to you, I built because I could put only the parts I wanted on it and not buy anything twice or taking stock parts off. Personal preference.

I you don't want to tinker with it a Colt is a very safe choice.

*but*

If you can change your oil you can build an AR! Seriously, mine practically built itself. Easy as pie. Find a youtube vid on how to build the lower, you can follow along and it takes ~30 mins. If you buy a prebuilt upper you just have to drop it on top of your now built lower:up: I built my upper and it didn't take that long, maybe 1.5 hours of mostly thinking about it. (I think about doing anything too much) If you're gonna look at parts Bravo Company Or Rainer Arms have quality parts to start looking at. Palametto State Armory or Primary arms are good bets too
              Last edited by DER E30; 12-08-2014, 02:56 PM.
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

knockoff + 300blk upper receiver = you're good to go

Comment

Love my 6920, wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'll build another, but if I ever needed it for more than fun, I'd grab the Colt.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Also be prepared to spend waaaay more money than you initially think!
                    -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                      Also be prepared to spend waaaay more money than you initially think!
                      Fucking LOL so true. That's how my first AR build went. I got a lower receiver in a trade and was planning on a budget build. While I got some really good deals (bought an upper through the infamous Smartgunner debacle), I spent a shit load. I somehow went the polar opposite on budget and only wanted top quality parts. I even ditched the lower I got for a "higher quality" name brand. Plus optics and all the little shit adds up quick.

Make a plan on exactly what you want to spend and what you want to use the gun for. Otherwise you can end up dropping $2k on an eleven pound brick shithouse AR that was supposed to be a budget build.

Comment

Or you can skip the pieces and part sourcing and just get a LMT from the get go. ;)
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
                          Sup. Went to the range the other week. Practicing with iron sights.
                          That doesn't look CA compliant, sir.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I can see how building your own could quickly turn into the inverse of a way to save $$ over the Colt. Is it easy to recoup the $$ on a built AR? Seems a over the shelf would be easier to move if needed in the future. Really been trying to read up, but I am having information overload. The common theme seems to be DD uppers are well respected by everyone, and I haven't read anything negative on PSA lowers.

Comment

I think if the parts have respected names you can part an AR out... Idk, I've never thought about selling mine though...
                              -Christian

Comment

Somebody wanted a Colt AR: $869
                                http://grabagun.com/colt-mfg-co-inc-...y+of+Christmas

Colt Firearms M4 Carbine Magpul MOE Black 5.56MM 16 inch
                                Manufacturer Colt Firearms
                                SKU GAG_LE6920MPB-79562
                                Condition New in Box
                                Caliber 5.56
                                UPC 098289019431
                                Model M4 Carbine MOE
                                Manufacturer Part Number LE6920MP-B
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment