Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    I haven't watched that video above, but I'm assuming it's a German design? I read about them a few days ago oddly enough, the curved barrels with only a few hundred round lifespan.
    Yup, and supposedly it mostly shot shrapnel :rippedoff:

Comment

Wanting an AR type weapon now. Looking at Daniel Defense versions that are medium to long rifles, and am torn as to the options.

Main duties would be 200-400 yard shooting, or instead pick up the new Ruger Precision rifle.

On another note, darn it's easy to drop 500+ pistol rounds a day, but it sure is a blast.

Comment

Ruger Precision Rifle, RPR, Is bolt action. Different animal. You can get a run of the mill AR and hit steel at 500yards with practice. Ruger makes an entry level AR as well as Smith and Wesson. You can also do a Palmetto State Armory build, PSA. Look up Slickguns.com, and they have a lists for uppers, lowers, and complete builds.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          Ruger Precision Rifle, RPR, Is bolt action. Different animal. You can get a run of the mill AR and hit steel at 500yards with practice. Ruger makes an entry level AR as well as Smith and Wesson. You can also do a Palmetto State Armory build, PSA. Look up Slickguns.com, and they have a lists for uppers, lowers, and complete builds.
          Not looking to do a build, and the RPR I bring up only due to it's AR look, but I do want a good bolt action anyway. The Ruger and S&W seem a bit cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
            Not looking to do a build, and the RPR I bring up only due to it's AR look, but I do want a good bolt action anyway. The Ruger and S&W seem a bit cheap?

I own a Smith & Wesson M&P15 and its awesome. Would buy again. Bout to strip it down and go with a new trigger system and all new furniture, as well as a new muzzle break that will accept our .300aac suppressor (it's not as quiet as with the .300, but it is considerably quieter).

Pic of the .300 blackout. Yankee Hill Machine .300aac Blackout, Trijicon acog, nickel boron plated bolt, Ruger 5lb trigger, YHM .300cal suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Wanting an AR type weapon now. Looking at Daniel Defense versions that are medium to long rifles, and am torn as to the options.

Main duties would be 200-400 yard shooting, or instead pick up the new Ruger Precision rifle.

On another note, darn it's easy to drop 500+ pistol rounds a day, but it sure is a blast.
              Thinking 308 or a 556 based case?
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

The RPR is a great gun, been hearing a lot of good things about it.

The Ruger and S&W are not cheap, they are great guns, just the entry level versions may not have all the bells and whistles.

For instance, the S&W Sport doesnt have a dust cover or a forward assist. The Ruger does. I have a Sport and I like it.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  I know I want the RPR in 308. An AR long rifle in 5.56 would be my choice for the amount of ammo I want downrange.

Comment

Daniel Defense is a rock solid choice. That was my first AR and still my favorite.

Excellent shooter right out of the case. And the v11 is quite the rifle. I'm a fan.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

Comment

.308 or bust baby.

If money was no issue there are some pretty great rifles that allow barrel swapping.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post

300aac Blackout. Best of both worlds... .556 case with .30cal stopping power.

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Is the .300 still breaking bolts? I'm not trying to cast an opinion here, as I never researched the topic.

That said, I would love the idea of a .30 sbr ar15. Still though, for its intended purposes I don't see a need to jump from 5.56 to .300. If I got a bad guy in my house, I don't think it would matter either way.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            Is the .300 still breaking bolts? I'm not trying to cast an opinion here, as I never researched the topic.

That said, I would love the idea of a .30 sbr ar15. Still though, for its intended purposes I don't see a need to jump from 5.56 to .300. If I got a bad guy in my house, I don't think it would matter either way.

We got it because there's 300-400lb hogs on our property.

Comment

Yea I meant to say that after I posted. If using for animals, then I can completely understand.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

My hog slaying build .458 SOCOM. Those fuckers are tough!

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                                We got it because there's 300-400lb hogs on our property.

89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
                                99 540it
                                86 Volvo 240 wagon
                                99 Cherokee
                                13 Passat

Comment

Working...
                                X