No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my newest purchase. Picked up a Springfield xd-s 3.3 9mm for CC. Has a 6 and 7 round "extended" mag with grip extension. Also got 100 rounds of Magtech to try since I've heard good things about it. Gun feels great in my hands and comfortable since I also shoot an xd-m 3.8

*edit*Comparison of xd-s and xd-m
    Last edited by shameson; 01-07-2016, 03:22 PM.
    '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
    '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
    '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
    '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
      So guys I'm looking to pick up an AK read a few things on Yugo and Vepr. Anyone have any info or guidance on what they would choose? Open to really anything as I'm starting off as a newbie.
      Just dont buy a CA AK variant and you are gucci (my opinion)

The big names for quality variants are VEPR, Saiga, and probably Arsenal.

If you are looking for bang for buck Ive heard good things (and lots of bad things) about WASR's. It really depends on what you want to do to it.
      Last edited by Wschnitz; 01-07-2016, 02:49 PM.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Well I traded my Walther PPQ to join the Sig Sauer cult. Bought a P229 with the E2 grips. The gun is amazing, I'm still not a great shooter but the Sig is good at hiding that. However I still have the need to tinker with it. I'm going to polish up some parts, change the grips to something a little wider, and eventually change the hammer spring to something lighter. My main goal is to make the DA pull smoother and a bit lighter.

This is the first baseline test, if you want to call it that. SA on the left, DA on the right. 10 shots each at 25yds with cheap shitty ammo. You can see why I want to work on the DA pull...

20160107_155109 by acolella76, on Flickr
        -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Just dont buy a CA AK variant and you are gucci (my opinion)

The big names for quality variants are VEPR, Saiga, and probably Arsenal.

If you are looking for bang for buck Ive heard good things (and lots of bad things) about WASR's. It really depends on what you want to do to it.
          Thanks for the tips dude. In a change of direction I'm probably going to pick up a Windham Weaponry MPC. Little tough to find locally but I might have a lead on one, would love a CDI but that model is back-ordered forever. Looking at a del-ton echo 316 MOE as well. But the Windham is probably the winner.

Originally posted by blunttech
          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

you sure?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
            PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

I kinda feel like they are like the WASR's, they are fine if you remove all the el cheapo parts.

Nice Ak pistol. Should put a paratrooper stock for maximum points.
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post

you sure?

You keep making me want to give the AK platform another shot.

Thoughts on this guy? I have a ton of ar mags and 5.56 already.

M85NP.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

pew pew

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    You keep making me want to give the AK platform another shot.

Thoughts on this guy? I have a ton of ar mags and 5.56 already.

M85NP.
                    My vote would be a Norinco, but they are getting harder to find.
                    89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
                    99 540it
                    86 Volvo 240 wagon
                    99 Cherokee
                    13 Passat

Comment

I dont want a tacticool one I just want one that looks like a plain AK74M
                      willschnitz

Comment

Now I've been reading and learning a bit more about the .300 black.

So the only difference is the barrel?

Thinking about building a .300 pistol instead. I have more reading to do, but how does the round perform out of say, a 8" barrel? I don't really want to do a 9mm build, though it has been considered.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                          This morning, I had a meeting with the Orange County Sheriff to finalize my CCW license.

We ended the meeting with a congratulatory hand shake and she handed me my concealed carry weapons license.
                          Congrats dude!
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Any clay pigeon guys in here? Just picked it up, its my new favorite addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                              Any clay pigeon guys in here? Just picked it up, its my new favorite addiction.
                              I love shooting clays, need to do it again, haven't in forever
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                                Now I've been reading and learning a bit more about the .300 black.

So the only difference is the barrel?

Thinking about building a .300 pistol instead. I have more reading to do, but how does the round perform out of say, a 8" barrel? I don't really want to do a 9mm build, though it has been considered.
                                barrel and that's all. 30 cal ftw. you can make .300 brass from 223/556 brass

Comment

Working...
                                X