Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I gave up on .22 lol.

Spikes BCG group and forged charging handle on the way. I find it funny that all these fancy expensive charging handles aren't forged. Ended up spending $20 for a plane Jane Spikes forged handle. I don't want some expensive cast POS.

Now I need some advice on muzzle devices. The upper has an a2 flash hider now, and I know I'm going to get a can for it eventually, so I'm thinking just throw a flash hider designed for a can on now.

Are most of the quick disconnect setups compatible? I don't want to drop money on something I'll be replacing for no reason. Also, I won't be buying a cheap can, I'm going to wait until I can drop the cash on something worth marrying.
    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 01-12-2016, 09:34 AM.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I always liked standard bird cages.

http://battlecomp.com/index.php?main...products_id=42 This one looks fuckin cool but $165 lollll
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Yea I gave up on .22 lol.

Spikes BCG group and forged charging handle on the way. I find it funny that all these fancy expensive charging handles aren't forged. Ended up spending $20 for a plane Jane Spikes forged handle. I don't want some expensive cast POS.

Now I need some advice on muzzle devices. The upper has an a2 flash hider now, and I know I'm going to get a can for it eventually, so I'm thinking just throw a flash hider designed for a can on now.

Are most of the quick disconnect setups compatible? I don't want to drop money on something I'll be replacing for no reason. Also, I won't be buying a cheap can, I'm going to wait until I can drop the cash on something worth marrying.
        The best surpressors out now are the Dead Air line of cans. The sandman is getting high reviews. Here is a good brake
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

You see comrade, when you use russian muzzle brake, rounds always on target.
          willschnitz

Comment

I'm hesitant on a brake, because I fucking hate having the seat next to some fucker with one on a SBR.

But, that one you posted Tex, does look nice and fits the bill. Plus their suppressors do seem to fit what I'll be looking for. Thanks for the link!

AK brake would be funny, but since it's Tapco I would have to forever hang my head in shame.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Tapcos not bad on the cheap, it was just a quick link for laughs to be honest.

Would be pretty funny to show up with an AR with AK parts all over it though.
              willschnitz

Comment

Thinking about picking up a 30-30 for a hunting rifle, tired of the .270 short mag. Anybody got anything to say about Marlin's? Its that or wait and get a Henry/Winchester.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Thinking about picking up a 30-30 for a hunting rifle, tired of the .270 short mag. Anybody got anything to say about Marlin's? Its that or wait and get a Henry/Winchester.
                  Marlins are good lever guns, Henrys are really good but expensive and very heavy. Winchester, not sure.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    Marlins are good lever guns, Henrys are really good but expensive and very heavy. Winchester, not sure.
                    I just need something cheap that can shoot straight. The .270 turns everything to soup

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post

Pretty sure no quick disconnect set ups are compatible, I think you pretty much buy the correct muzzle device for the can you buy

Brake/flash hider comparison, there's another one out there IIRC but this one is pretty good.
                      http://vuurwapenblog.com/2013/10/03/...arison-part-1/

I was doing some research on cans and I remember reading that a FH is better if you plan on using your rifle without the can sometimes but that a brake can actually make your can last longer because the brake becomes the first baffle that takes the major hit from firing and is basically sacrificial, and a brake is much easier to replace than the can, so use a brake if you plan on using the can almost exclusively.

If/when I get a can I'm defiantly getting a brake to save the can's first baffle 'cause I'm leaving the can on all the time!

When doing can research look into baffle material also, some manufactures use better materials for the baffles that last longer. SBR 556 use is pretty hard on cans from what I gather

edit: More comparisons
                      http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ke-shootout-2/
                      http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...vice-shootout/
                      http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/0...es-field-test/
                      You might gather from these that the A2 really is pretty good as far as flash, and its cheap.
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I just need something cheap that can shoot straight. The .270 turns everything to soup
                        Whatcha shooting at?
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Whatcha shooting at?
                          White tail deer. It makes a clean entrance but a hell of a hole on the exit side like worse then 30/06.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

White tail deer. It makes a clean entrance but a hell of a hole on the exit side like worse then 30/06.
                            7mm-08 is a great round. I shot a deer at about 45yrds and had a small exit hole.

What distance are you shooting at?
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

7mm-08 is a great round. I shot a deer at about 45yrds and had a small exit hole.

Just depends where I see them. Some times under 50 sometimes over 50 but never more then 150 yards. My problem is I don't have a regular .270 I have a .270 winchester short mag. Which packs a hell of lot more punch then a regular .270. I cant get anything less then like 150-160 grain shells.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Gun Thread

I have a Browning A-bolt in 7mm-08 I love that thing. It'll put 4 rounds through the same hole at 250yds. Probably the most accurate gun in my Arsenal, aside from maybe the Tikka T95 .243win or Remington Model 7 .260rem.

7-08 is one of the most well rounded calibers out there IMO. Got the stopping power to hunt elk, but it's not a going to completely obliterate smaller game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                                Originally posted by Northern
                                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
                                X