Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Mod.2 was awesome as well. Pleasure to shoot, and very accurate. Will be carrying it quite a bit I suspect.

G17 is my new favorite. I didn't go past 25 yards, but I was amazed at what it could do at that range.
    I assume you had the 3.3? I want to try a mod 2 to compare how it feels with a xd-s. The mod 2 seems to have little recoil (at least in the 9mm) and I know the major difference is the loaded weight and capacity with the mod being heavier. I do like the grip on the mod 2 though, the xd-s grip can be uncomfortable so I'll have change it.

The more I think about it the more I want a gen 4 G19. Either that or a CZ-75c.
    '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
    '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
    '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
    '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Yup, 3.3 .45.

The capacity is awesome. With the short magazine I kept expecting the slide to lock back on the 7th. Every time I got a 2 round bonus!

Realistically, the .45 isn't a subcompact though. I would call it a compact. It is almost the exact same size as my 4013tsw. Which I will take as a bonus because that one is a 9 round .40. So the mod. 2 gives me the same capacity, but with a bigger hole.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        That thing is a badass!

Does anyone own a new Walther CCP? I'd love to hear thoughts about it. I can't find one locally as they are always sold out.

I think I've narrowed my search to this model and the Smith & Wesson m&p shield.
        I don't own a CCP but I shot my friend's a lot since I was thinking about buying one. It's a nice gun but idk how I feel about the "Softcoil" or whatever they call their blowback system. It doesn't really reduce recoil it just kind of.... delays it. Definitely shoot one if you can, or take a look at the new PPS M2!
        -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
          I don't own a CCP but I shot my friend's a lot since I was thinking about buying one. It's a nice gun but idk how I feel about the "Softcoil" or whatever they call their blowback system. It doesn't really reduce recoil it just kind of.... delays it. Definitely shoot one if you can, or take a look at the new PPS M2!
          i went to the gat shop yesterday afternoon. they had a ccp and the shield. i liked the gun but they don't have rentals there so i couldn't shoot it.

i did get to play with both guns at the same time. i think based on what i saw with both, i have made my decision pending the opportunity to shoot it first:
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Just don't leave it in your work bag by accident! If you do, post your real name here so we can look you up on the news. :-)
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

There's a lot of good things to say about the shield. It's a well balanced gun and everyone seems to have very little issues with them. I know someone that carries one and they love it
              '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
              '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
              '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
              '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                Just don't leave it in your work bag by accident! If you do, post your real name here so we can look you up on the news. :-)
                i know, right?!

Originally posted by shameson View Post
                There's a lot of good things to say about the shield. It's a well balanced gun and everyone seems to have very little issues with them. I know someone that carries one and they love it
                this particular model just came out a month or so ago. there are a few modifications here. it has a ported barrel, fiber optic sights, and there is something about the internal mechanism that they made some improvements on. the msrp is just a bit over 500 bucks.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I can't decide if I want to build a 20" scoped upper for my AR or if I want to just buy something like a Remington 783 or 700 in .308... On one hand it would be nice and easy to just swap uppers if I wanna go long or close. On the other hand it would be nice to have a DMR in a caliber that could potentially go up and over the 1000 yard mark
                  -Alex

Comment

Everyone always starts out with the idea to swap uppers.

The problem is no one wants a rifle and a half, so they always end up building another lower. Especially when you consider most of the money is in the upper anyway.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

Yeah... I just started looking and a decent barrel is almost the entire cost of a new bolt action rifle. You're right I'd inevitably want to want to build a new lower and it would only snowball from there. I'm probably better off just buying something like a 783. There is little aftermarket support for those rifles so I won't be tempted to buy crazy stocks like you can get for the 700 series lol

There is a gun show coming up... bet I could score a decent deal on a long gun with glass
                      -Alex

Comment

That's what happened to me. Ordered the 8.5 upper, no intentions on doing anything with it for a while...

Now I have a complete pistol, waiting on a form 1 to SBR it, and a damn $240 trigger group ffs. All within what, 2 weeks?
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Sometimes I think it would have been better to buy a fn pbr, Winchester M70 pre 64 or late model with controlled feeding, maaayyybe a 700 or other bolt gun instead of building my ar 10, stinking thing is expensive to build and it eats ammo super fast at a buck or more a shot lol bolt gun at least you slow down a bit. Ar10 can shoot almost as fast as an ar15 but more noise and bit more recoil, bit more than what a 12gauge recoils.

Mbus sights came, they look good and feel good, kinda wish I'd have ponied up and gotten the pro for the front also. The plastic one looks huge compared to the pro.
                          Last edited by DER E30; 01-31-2016, 05:33 PM.
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Just a little something i put together, of course 922R compliant :)

Saiga izhmash factory. 7.62X39 merican trigger,merican forward hand guard, ( not pictured) merican gas piston. merican mag
                            Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

Interesting stock, barrel is American too, way longer then standard.

Dont know if I like the camo, Im a all black/plum AK guy.

What optic is that?
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

I am thinking of going back to the "evil black gun" setup.
                                I dont remember the optics my boss gave me it.
                                Its a standard length Saiga barrel. 16.3in
                                I actually have a new hand guard on it so it counts for another merican made part.

thought i would throw this link in http://www.ballistics101.com/saiga_7.62x39.php
                                Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

Working...
                                X