Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFW not buying aimpoint.

What a plebian.

JK tell me how it is, might put it on my spreadsheet for AK.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Anyone try the Magpul afg?

I had a bad break in my left wrist when I was younger, and can't shoot in a traditional manner while standing or it sends shooting paint into my wrist. I never noticed it with hunting rifles because I'm usually shooting from a rest of some sort. Now that I've taken a liking to shooting from a standing position, it has become obvious. I currently rock the vfg on my Colt that came with it, but I find it gets in the way when using a rest most of the time.

So, any insight on the afg? I haven't handled one yet but it seems like it would be a good position for my wrist, while still allowing the use of a rest. I just can't flatten out my hand under the rifle, and I don't have a tube long enough to try the "c-clamp" grip.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I've fired an AR maybe 20 rds with an afg, seems pretty nice, it twists your wrist a bit more comfortable way I think. Would be less in the way compared to a VFG, the guy who had that rifle was an army guy and he loved the afg compared to the vfgs they had in Afghanistan. Hard to say if it will work for you though, I don't run any grip out front, just my flashlight and sling stop my hand at basically the same place and I grip it out there...

Ordered another ACSL stock, so maybe I'll get some pics of the 10 for you guys, I'm seriously thinking about painting it camo, but its beautiful all black too... I want to do it more greenish than FDE but not dark green either, try to match the general green-ness of the area.
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Who prefers striker fired pistols vs hammer fired pistols?

Having my Browning Hi-Power (SA, Hammer Fired) and my new M&P (DA, Striker Fired), I feel like the striker fired gun is more analog. More connected. More mechanical.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

^

Shooting mostly Sig's for the last 7 or years for pistols, and of S&W big bore wheels guns and profound love or 1911's I feel 100% the opposite it true, I like having a hammer, and just the tactile feelings you get from pulling it back as it clicks into place in each detent is far more mechanical to me than a striker fired glock
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              Anyone try the Magpul afg?
              I have one on my AR. Can't compare it to a VFG since i've never shot with one, but it's been plenty comfortable for me to shoot. Pretty good little piece IMO.
              '89 318i Touring
              '90 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                ^

Shooting mostly Sig's for the last 7 or years for pistols, and of S&W big bore wheels guns and profound love or 1911's I feel 100% the opposite it true, I like having a hammer, and just the tactile feelings you get from pulling it back as it clicks into place in each detent is far more mechanical to me than a striker fired glock
                I just reread what I wrote. I absolutely meant to say hammer fired feels more mechanical and analog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  Is the candle a joke in not in on? Don't get the candle...
                  Tactical flashlight

Comment

Anyone have a SureFire flashlight on their gun?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      Anyone have a SureFire flashlight on their gun?
                      I've got one that came with my AR (used) but it's hardly ever on the gun. Couldn't tell you the model, but its bright and its FDE colored. My S&W M&P has an InForce APL on it, which is just great.
                      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                        Tactical flashlight
                        Would be using poor technique with that, you'd be light housing that all over the place, can't flash it haha

Hammer fired all the way for me!
                        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                        Originally posted by roguetoaster
                        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I haven't shot too many hammer fired pistols, but when I shot a buddies's IWI Jericho I really liked the trigger. Can't say I necessarily prefer one over the others though.

Both my guns are stiker fired but I'd really like to get a Sig, like 229/226
                          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                          '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                          '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Gun Thread

My Ruger P89 and my dads Kimber 1911 are some of the nicest shooting pistols I've shot. Personally I'd take a hammer fire system over a striker fire, but my sisters LC9s has a sweet trigger, much tighter than the hammer fire LC9's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by flyboyx
                            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                            Originally posted by Northern
                            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

So what's up with Eotech?

I just sold my Xps2-2 to go back to irons on my Colt. I loved it, and never had an issue.

I found a good deal on an Xps2-300 and am thinking about snagging it, but hesitant with the new developments.

Any input? I'm thinking about just buying an Aimpoint PRO.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Aimpoint or Trijicon SRS for that I hate Money life.

Anyone else think AR pistols are fucking ugly as shit?
                                Last edited by Wschnitz; 02-22-2016, 01:51 PM.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X