Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    I tried looking at AR stuff instead of AK stuff and I just get lost in all the options.
    It is crazy. AK stuff much more limited?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

This hurt.

But ultimately, I decided I didn't want to mechanically modify my 6920 in any way. So, pinned OEM low profile block it is. BCM KMR Alpha 15" rail is going on, as well as a SDTactical brake to mount the can to (once I have permission to build it).

I'll be trying my hand at parkerizing this weekend as well. I just don't trust any spray on coating.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

That's gonna be sweet, I think you're gonna love the bcm rail. I love my kmr rail, so light and small so it's easy to hold, unlike a big quad rail that you'd have to have monster hands to grab.
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

So, I picked out a lower and I get to pick the serial number on it when it's made. What do I pick? I was thinking: "ATF-L0L"

Comment

The serial number for my future suppressor is 07041776
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              The serial number for my future suppressor is 07041776
              Nice!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

12151791 might be better since that is when the Bill of Rights was ratified.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yup, that's still a 6920 under there. Well, with a SD-E trigger.

I'm pretty happy with it. I will be kind of sad when I have to transfer everything to the Spikes lower, but oh well. The SD-E will be following the 6920 upper. Considering a SD3G for the SBR setup.

My first attempt at parkerizing didnt turn out as well as I'd hoped. It's pretty uneven, and very thin in some spots. In a week or two I'll pull it back apart and reattemp. I think the problem is that I didn't turn the manganese into a fine enough powder, and it clumped up on the bottom.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

Round 2. Far from perfect, but should do the job better than paint.

No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      It is crazy. AK stuff much more limited?

AK stuff still has lots of options, but its not like AR's where there are like 100s of options for lowers and uppers.

AKs tend to be options for furniture, trigger groups, action/dust cover, muzzle breaks, etc. Ive seen a few AK's that were level of custom of AR's, but not many.

I just want a simple AK74, once Paypal lets me have my money back from my ebay sale then Ill grab the DDI AK74, and find some plum or black poly furniture for it, and start saving for a PO or a 1P78, or maybe a Kobra or UPO.

So many good Russian optics to choose from.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Thanks for the education!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Couple of my tax stamps came in today. Sent the lower off for engraving and have a few last pieces being mailed in. Sometime next week I'll have a nice little stick to show off.
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

What are the stamps for? SBR? Suppressor?

Comment

Yup exactly :)
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X