• Show
Clear All

Nice!!!
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Looking for advice on selling old/vintage guns (1800's). My FIL just passed and my wife is going through his (now hers) stuff. We are in Nor Cal and would like some ideas/pointers on how to do this. We are complete gun neophytes and she doesn't want them. Got some early Marlin 92 and 93 models, E Remington & sons, A. Wurfflein musket (super heavy MOFO), Ferlach dbl barrel a British Tower Snider rifle among others. Some have s/no with no entries in current mfg databases to determine date of mfg. Advice more than welcome. We are trying not to get ripped off.

Comment

^Try searching for them on gunbroker to get an idea of the market. You could also bring them to several gun shops to see what they say. Compare results, and go from there.

Comment

Yea I’d find a local gun shop that does appraisals and see what they say for pricing and personally would take them to a gun show to sell them after getting them appraised.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by svn2002s View Post
            Looking for advice on selling old/vintage guns (1800's). My FIL just passed and my wife is going through his (now hers) stuff. We are in Nor Cal and would like some ideas/pointers on how to do this. We are complete gun neophytes and she doesn't want them. Got some early Marlin 92 and 93 models, E Remington & sons, A. Wurfflein musket (super heavy MOFO), Ferlach dbl barrel a British Tower Snider rifle among others. Some have s/no with no entries in current mfg databases to determine date of mfg. Advice more than welcome. We are trying not to get ripped off.
            Contact these people:
            https://www.durysguns.com/

https://www.durysguns.com/sell-your-guns/

They can help you.

Also there is a book, Blue Book of Gun Values
            https://www.bluebookofgunvalues.com/
            Last edited by TeXJ; 03-13-2018, 10:26 AM.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

Gun Thread

Was able to get out to the range this morning. Took the PS90 and RugerLC380. The 90 is a riot to shoot. Has the recoil of a .22 put 100 rounds through it and it didn’t skip a beat no F2F or anything. I got a vortex venom mounted on it and a guy on the FN forum makes billet hammers that give it about a 5 pound 8 ounce pull weight and reduce travel by 35%. Waiting on my billet trigger to replace the plastic one they are on back order. Them 50 round mags really strain the thumbs with how they load. Also got my trigger kit on the .380 installed and it helps a ton with the super long trigger those guns are known for.

Also FYI Incase anyone was wondering. Herter’s ammo sucks. Cabela’s had it on sale for 12 bucks a box and I can see why. Shot 4 mags and had 4 stove pipes . Never had that happen before with the winchester ammo i usually shoot.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                Contact these people:
                https://www.durysguns.com/

https://www.durysguns.com/sell-your-guns/

They can help you.

Also there is a book, Blue Book of Gun Values
                https://www.bluebookofgunvalues.com/

Its funny that i had just read this the other day because i saw their shop while in san antonio this weekend.

Comment

Im finally ready to get my first. I was waiting for some money to come in from something unexpected and it finally happened. I had always planned on a 9mm. Friend suggested either a Glock19 or a CZ P10c or a later P 07..

I had a list saved on my phone of a few I wanted to look at but thats gone now, so Im kinda starting from scratch.

Main things Im hoping to get from this:
                  - easy access to ammo
                  - nothing too wild (No A/Rs thank you)
                  - something my wife can use too
                  - nothing custom or expensive
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Im finally ready to get my first. I was waiting for some money to come in from something unexpected and it finally happened. I had always planned on a 9mm. Friend suggested either a Glock19 or a CZ P10c or a later P 07..

I had a list saved on my phone of a few I wanted to look at but thats gone now, so Im kinda starting from scratch.

- easy access to ammo
                    Glocks are great in the sense that they have a HUGE aftermarket industry for them, but if you have kids, I'd suggest something with a safety switch on it. I have a G17 and my only complaint is the sights, but you can swap those out for under $100, and since you can find used Glocks all over the place, you can find inexpensive ones fairly easy.

Also, check out the Smith & Wesson M&P line of handguns. Those are super popular, widely available, common to find for sale used, and have a good aftermarket parts selection too.

Other guns you might look into are the Springfield XD line up (super reliable), Beretta PX4 line up (love mine), and the Ruger SR9 handguns. You can find any of the mentioned models in this post in 9mm, .40, or .45, which you can find in any gun shop.

Feel free to DM me. I used to do firearm sales so I may be able to help find a good one that fits your need.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

- easy access to ammo
                      P10c, walther ppqm2, then glock 19. The first 2 have fantastic triggers, the glock has a huge aftermarket and you can upgrade the trigger. At the end of the day it will cost more that the other 2 and do the same thing. How are ar's wild?

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
                        Glocks are great in the sense that they have a HUGE aftermarket industry for them, but if you have kids, I'd suggest something with a safety switch on it. I have a G17 and my only complaint is the sights, but you can swap those out for under $100, and since you can find used Glocks all over the place, you can find inexpensive ones fairly easy.

Also, check out the Smith & Wesson M&P line of handguns. Those are super popular, widely available, common to find for sale used, and have a good aftermarket parts selection too.

Other guns you might look into are the Springfield XD line up (super reliable), Beretta PX4 line up (love mine), and the Ruger SR9 handguns. You can find any of the mentioned models in this post in 9mm, .40, or .45, which you can find in any gun shop.

Feel free to DM me. I used to do firearm sales so I may be able to help find a good one that fits your need.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                        Why have a safety with kids? That shouldn't be a factor at all, because the guns should be locked up and the kids only have access to the guns when the parents are with them. Right?

Comment

I have a sar b6p in 9mm and its a great pistol. it has a manual safety switch, like my 1911 and is a polymer gun so its light. it holds like 16 or 18 rounds and shoots straight.

its a clone of a cz, I think, but it had super reviews online and was like 200 bucks so I grabbed one to try and ended up liking it

Comment

- easy access to ammo

First thing you need to do is go and shoot the guns. Some may feel great others may feel totally wrong.

Are you wanting to conceal carry, keep in your vehicle and/or just keep at home with the occasional range trip?

These will help to determine the physical size that would best suit you. Also, if you're wife is wanting to use the gun, let her shoot them as well.

Glock
                            M&P
                            SIG(if you have the money)
                            Springfield XD
                            Ruger American

There are many other viable options as well. I got a groupon for my wife and I to go and do a Gun 101 class, but the benefit of this class was that they then let you shoot 6 guns at the range. This helped my wife to get to know which guns she shot better than others. Try and find something like that.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

You need to define what you wish to use firearm for before you start to take suggestions. Is this a range gun, a CCW, home defense Weapon, a do it all gun? All firearms are a series of concessions. A great CCW weapon may not he a particular fun gun to plink with. A big heavy plinking gun, may be uncomfortable to carry. A do it all glock 19 may do a lot of things ok, but nothing extremely well. A revolver is super reliable, but not high capacity. Figure out what you wish to use your gun for and then start looking for the proper tool to accomplish that.

Also, figure in cost to secure your new firearm up front. Espc if you have kids at home, or family with kids that visit. It needs to be a part of the cost of owning a firearm, and not an afterthought.

If you have friends who have already suggested certain firearms, go to the range with them and shoot their guns. Try to organize a gathering with as many friends with different guns to get a feel for each of them. Preferably in different calibers if at all possible. Learn proper grip and technique, so you know which Firearms fit you, and your wife, best. Every gun owner I know, loves taking new shooters to the range, as long as the LISTEN and follow directions.
                              Last edited by naplesE30; 03-27-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Gun Thread

Ive been finding myself wanting a beretta m9

But not sure what your wants are as far as what its for. Beware once you jump down the rabbit hole your not getting out. If you’re wanting to accessorize it. Make sure commiefornia will allow it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X