Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    It's why I don't categorically denounce a gun for subjective things, if something is objectively crap or impractical sure, but a lot of things are just preference and familiarity.
    As long as we all agree that Hi Point is hands down the WORST, we can all be friends

A PD around here pulled one of these off a kid during a traffic stop

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

None of the german gun manufacturers have a good reputation for customer service...

I was watching that youtube channel where the guy goes around diving in lakes and rivers finding phones, gopros, drones, etc. and he found a hi-point in the bottom of a river. That's not fishy at all.
      Last edited by varg; 02-20-2019, 02:09 PM.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

None of the german gun manufacturers have a good reputation for customer service...

I was watching that youtube channel where the guy goes around diving in lakes and rivers finding phones, gopros, drones, etc. and he found a hi-point in the bottom of a river. That's not fishy at all.
        Thankfully I've never had to deal with any sort of firearm warranty work/issues.

Comment

My VP9 has been stupid good for prob 3yrs now. That said, if you handle and look at the design, I have no doubt a Glock is built more stoutly and will hold up better to abuse than the than hk. My mag release (trigger guard paddle style) is def a weak point as is the rear of the frame. If it were a duty gun I would pick a glock 17 hands down over it. Also, as much as I like the ergonomics of the vp9, I shot my gen 4 g19 with crappy standard sights just as well as the hk.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
            My VP9 has been stupid good for prob 3yrs now. That said, if you handle and look at the design, I have no doubt a Glock is built more stoutly and will hold up better to abuse than the than hk. My mag release (trigger guard paddle style) is def a weak point as is the rear of the frame. If it were a duty gun I would pick a glock 17 hands down over it. Also, as much as I like the ergonomics of the vp9, I shot my gen 4 g19 with crappy standard sights just as well as the hk.
            Very good to know. As often as I play with the idea of getting a VP9, I can't escape the comforting fact that I know my Glock is going to go bang every single time I pull the trigger, assuming I don't forget to reload :)

Comment

Walther has been good to go

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                What would guys recommend for a good conceal carry pistol? I’m kinda picky about what i want. I have a ruger lc380and a glock 43 in 380 caliber. They aren’t bad guns so Id use those sometimes but I also want a double stack for ccw purposes thats in between a full frame and pocket frame. I have my 509 tac but thats too big for that. Id prefer it to not be a Glock either while they are nice guns I’m just not the biggest fan for what ever reason.
                I love my p365! With the 12rd mag it's even easier to hold on to.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Any optics recommendations for the 8.5” 300aac? It will eventually be suppressed, used for plinking, and maybe a hog hunt down the road (so possibly some low light shooting) . I am thinking just a red dot and possible 3x or 4x magnifier. It’s been a budget build pistol so, for the whole setup I would like to stay under $400, under $300 would be even better.

Comment

Any optics recommendations for the 8.5” 300aac? It will eventually be suppressed, used for plinking, and maybe a hog hunt down the road (so possibly some low light shooting) . I am thinking just a red dot and possible 3x or 4x magnifier. It’s been a budget build pistol so, for the whole setup I would like to stay under $400, under $300 would be even better.

I bought a vortex spitfire for mine but i think im gonna put my strikefire 2 on it and put the spitfire and 3x magnifier on my 16.5 inch ar for longer distance.

And yes i realized i put my rear sight on backwards. Oops.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I know we were all just bashing Sig but their Romeo/Juliet Red dot and Magnifier is pretty great even in low light, and the combo weighs about as much as my Strikefire II so that is pretty awesome for hunting. The combo usually goes for $400 but if you shop around you could probably get the whole shebang for around 300. Or buy the red dot (~$180) first then the Juliet down the road when a good deal pops up.
                      -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        I bought a vortex spitfire for mine but i think im gonna put my strikefire 2 on it and put the spitfire and 3x magnifier on my 16.5 inch ar for longer distance.

And yes i realized i put my rear sight on backwards. Oops.
                        I was looking at a spitfire with 3x magnification. Only hold up is the reticle not being for 300blk. I really like the idea of having a reticle as well as red dot. Shame it’s not calibrated to the 300blk.

Any of you guys have experience with any of the Primary Arms products??

I may end up just getting another Romeo5 and swap my g33 magnifier back and forth between the ar and pistol.
                        Last edited by naplesE30; 03-01-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I was looking at a spitfire with 3x magnification. Only hold up is the reticle not being for 300blk. I really like the idea of having a reticle as well as red dot. Shame it’s not calibrated to the 300blk.

Any of you guys have experience with any of the Primary Arms products??

I may end up just getting another Romeo5 and swap my g33 magnifier back and forth between the ar and pistol.

Yea i ended up keeping the strikefire on my pistol and put the spitfire on my standard 5.56 ar will put a 3x magnifier behind it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Reporting back on the LaRue MBT vs Geissele SSA-2S trigger. Geissele wins hands down. However, for the price point the MBT is a damn fine trigger for the $$$. Def worth buying for a non precision plinker which is what I am generally using it for. I also like how thick the trigger is on the MBT. But as for weight and crispness it lags the SSA-2S. Reset on both of them are about the same.

Comment

Good to know. I've wanted to upgrade the bang switches in mine, but always held off by the cost. Plus the fact that honestly, a mil-spec trigger is good enough for my skills/usage. But if there's a sub $100 upgrade out there, definitely something to think about...
                              BEERTECH

Comment

I dont care about the "politics" of this, but this is a very very VERY dangerous precedent to be setting for every single industry that sells any product that has the potential to be misused. This is going to end up before the SCOTUS to to again tell these activist Judges they are overstepping their authority yet again.

Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X