No announcement yet.

If there was a draft would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL at all the bashing of 9mm. 9mm +P in JHP is a formidable round. There's no need to turn this in into a caliber debate since those are all over the INTERNETZ anyway so..yeah....357 SIG does use a .355 bullet (same as 9mm and .357 MAG) albiet at much higher pressures.

There are many people that don't fit the full size 1911 platform. Just read another example just earlier today — the member said his finger barely even touches the trigger. Also finds the slide release too hard to reach (I have a bit of that too, I hafta rotate the pistol in my hand to get at the slide release with my thumb), so does that make him a unfit person for combat?

And let's not get all heated on each other just because someone else likes 9mm and someone else likes something else. As long as reliability is no question and operater fit and accuracy with the pistol are in buisness, caliber has little issue. If you can't hit the side of a barn with a .500 S&W, it's just as bad using a .22LR. (That's a reference BTW)
    :mrgreen:

Like game music? >clicky<

Comment

Oh, I'm not making it a caliber debate - I'm just saying if there is justification for a totally new gun to be brought into the military, there better be a much better reason that those you have used.

The only unique thing to sigs (and it's been copied by Glock, etc.), is that round - I personnally like my SIGs all in 357sig, but I would expect a 1911 & a ar-15/m-16, maybe a ar-10 if I end up in a really rich unit. Off track, I just don't expect the military to cater to my gun choice, I'm being called to do a job, not ride a float in a parade.

Basic idea here is if you do train you gain comfort. I sort of thought my ar-10 was a little weird the first few times out, but now it's almost my favorite. Your body & mind will adapt, you just need to show up when you get your slip in the mail.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
        Oh, I'm not making it a caliber debate - I'm just saying if there is justification for a totally new gun to be brought into the military, there better be a much better reason that those you have used.

The only unique thing to sigs (and it's been copied by Glock, etc.), is that round - I personnally like my SIGs all in 357sig, but I would expect a 1911 & a ar-15/m-16, maybe a ar-10 if I end up in a really rich unit. Off track, I just don't expect the military to cater to my gun choice, I'm being called to do a job, not ride a float in a parade.

Basic idea here is if you do train you gain comfort. I sort of thought my ar-10 was a little weird the first few times out, but now it's almost my favorite. Your body & mind will adapt, you just need to show up when you get your slip in the mail.
        Well to be fair, as I believe it, if you volunteer, then they can give you anything they want. You initiated it, you made your choice to fill out the slips of paper. But when you're drafted, they come to you, not the other way around.

Just saying. They can give their people whatever they want. But none of their stuff they hand out that goes bang multiple times feels comfortable to me. What am I to do about that? And personally I don't get all enthusastic about chuggin' 70+ lbs of gear *and* expected to haul ass around like it's not there. Granted you can get used to it put 70+ pounds is HEAVY, and your flak jacket on top of that. Granted they want you to be prepared for quite a lot of circumstances but sheesh, if you've got the $$$ to dump on that crap maybe we can...allow some changes in preferences...

Similar thing with bicycles. I don't like those trigger/lever gear shifters, I prefer twist-grip shifters. The ease of rapid down shifting or upshifting combined by the simplicity of operation suits me. Now my uncle is another side -- he likes the other version. That's cool with me, I couldn't care since I'm not the same as him when it comes to things like that.

I simply just don't find the AR platform suited to my tastes. Am I supposed to force myself to adapt to the (based on my experience) POOR magazine release button? I like the paddle release of the HKs. Easy as cake, and the HKs have the button on the side if you like it that way, but I find it excruiatingly hard to push that button and it's way out of reach of my finger.

Am I supposed to bashed and beaten because of that? That's what I have been in this thread, so I can definitely imagine they won't tolerate my differences in the military any better than here. That's fine, because they can count on me not signing up, and if I do get drafted, then they can either adapt or probably shove me in a desk job. And I hate desk jobs. Which can lead to poor performance and lackluster moral.

Way to go eh?

EDIT: And yes, I hear .357SIG is an expensive round, PDs that have adopted it (I *hear*) have little $$$ for practice ammo. So obviously the military aside from top-of-the-line units are not going to get that -- maybe not even Green Berets. But if you prefer .357SIG that is cool with me, I couldn't care less.
        Last edited by Ablice; 08-30-2007, 02:14 PM.
        :mrgreen:

Like game music? >clicky<

Comment

Working...
        X