The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    Ive ridden several Langsters, they feel like bloated track bikes when they were meant to be single speed commuters. That Felt is decent at best from what I've seen (never ridden one). They are going to be super relaxed and not aggressive (may be a plus for you).

I'd go with a Bianchi Pista as a first bike to upgrade off of. They perform extremely well and can take a lot of abuse and you would actually get money back if you sold it because they have really nice beginner aggressive geo.
    Thanks for the info.
    Hmm that's too bad about the Langsters.. The Pista looked like a really good bike though I'm not a huge fan of the colors (not so much of an issue really). I'm not really sure about if i'd like a more relaxed or aggressive geometry, which is why i should probably go ride a few around and see how they feel. I guess my main concern would be that the frame is right. The rest I can fiddle around with and upgrade over time.

Comment

250 bucks in parts on the way to put this frame together. ugh, why?!?!?1

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Saris Ball Mounted rack. I already had a hitch. I need a chop saw to lower it about 4 inches.
        Attached Files

Comment

pic2
          Attached Files

Comment

^^^ Win.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Well it looks like everyone here is into mountain bikes and gear bikes, but this is what i do. I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago, believe me it was a steal.

Comment

Took a few shots of the bike the other day with the new wheelset:

Comment

nice!!
                    www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Josh I dont see any rips or nicks anywhere, that lets me know you haven't been riding :)
                      Work on that.

Speaking of which... I dont have a bike anymore. None of them are rideable.

Comment

someone blow some money on one of these....

We are a small, service oriented bike shop. Although we primarily serve the Western suburbs of Boston, we are also available to cyclists throughout the U.S. One of our specialties is internal gear hubs. We sell Shimano, SRAM/Sachs, Sturmey-Archer and Rohloff internal gear hubs

its only $1400

Originally posted by vlad
                        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Are there any 5'10" ish guys riding 50cm's? i've got my eye on a bike but i think it might be a little small for me.

Bike in question (in Celeste) - http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...special_ed.htm

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by daceface View Post
                            Are there any 5'10" ish guys riding 50cm's? i've got my eye on a bike but i think it might be a little small for me.

Bike in question (in Celeste) - http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...special_ed.htm

-Matt
                            50 would seem way small, whats your inseam?
                            1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                            1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                            1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                            1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

The top tube is also WAY short for a 50cm frame.

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I think you need about a 56cm. Not knowing anything about your build, aside from height.

Comment

Working...
                                X