No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2007 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 Carbon Fiber, baby!

My 2008 Trek Pilot 2.1 I used to ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles in 7 days. Have gone 47 mph on it going downhill on Mitchell Canyon in the East Bay.

Uploaded with PRIDE
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by simbas_e30 View Post
      Sweet, Jim is a pretty chill guy. You ride?
      nah, I skateboard. only ride roadbikes really.
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

here's my newest build, a custom frame and fork powder coated Bianchi Pista in creme/chrome plated and an older 1980's Bianchi Piaggio sport SS road bike converted to fixed gear (the purple one)
        Attached Files

Comment

and the rest of the pics....
          Attached Files

Comment

So I must ask the knowledgeable crowd.

Looking to get a new mountain bike, seeing a lot of different price points. The catch, I'd like to see if my few mile commute on city streets would be do-able on a downhill/mtn bike as well. Basically 2 bikes in one if I can swing it. So a multi-purpose sort of bike but don't really want a compromise that makes it a lesser bike off road.

I'm seeing some nice bikes on craigslist, some that hover around $500 and go way up from there. I've been eyeing the Freeride style bikes too. How is Kona as a brand?
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Downhill bikes are heavier since they need to be stronger to withstand all that impact. If you have a $500 budget, a hardtail mtb bike is what you are looking for. Good for the streets and trails as well. Although a full suspension one would be the best for mtn trails. But if you will use it for commuting, the hardtails are what you should be eyeing for. The brands vary, what you should look out for are the components on them like Shimano Deore XT or XTR are good. Disc brakes are a plus. A good front suspension is a plus.
              Performance Bikes offer GT and Kona Bikes in your price range which are good brands for mtb and inexpensive.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              89 E30 S52
              Transaction Feedback.

Comment

New toy.

Comment

NICE. goes well with black e30 . Have you thought of removing some of the over-abundance of air from beneath your car ?
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

It was on jack stands in that picture hahah. I'm working on it though. Saving up for GC/konis

Comment

Ill take the bait

cause this is my favorite thread yet.... well atleast for today

my favorite of the 3

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

Sold my GF Sugar 3 to another member on here:

And bought a '10 SE Stout for $350. Best mopney I ever spent on a bike besides my '95 Trek 7000 Aluminum(RIP).

I'll update the pics, I installed 185mm BB7's in the front a few weeks ago. It's going 1x9 in the spring when I can ride some more. And i'm looking for a flat bar as I write this.
                        -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sonic_attack View Post
                            Nice!!!

Here's one of my 12 Torkers.

88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                            89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                            56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                            www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

12? :nice: Madness!

I've had a few half decent old/mid schoolers I've bought or rescued, the TA is the only one I've kept though, the teardrop chromoly just amazes me, that particular one is 1984 vintage.

Comment

Shit... Love this bike. I want one.

Comment

Working...
                                X