The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ILoveMPower View Post
    Can someone explain what exactly you guys are changing on the gearing? I'm confused

There is no gearing, only a chain connecting two sprockets. Pedal forward, go forward, pedal backwards, go backwards. You can't stop pedaling.

Comment

Originally posted by bender View Post
      chris buy one.

then we can have an e30 m50 top mount turbo fixed gear new sweden bbq
      Hahahaha Jay, i think thered only be two of us... :|

Im thinkin about it... I need a friggin job....
      -Chris

Comment

hellabad, I have the exact same bike, same size and everything. I'm shopping for a set of good hydros (BB5s for now), and a reba race if I can score one cheap. As it is, I'm as fast as I was on a full suspension geared bike overall, not quite as fast going downhill of course...
        BEERTECH

Comment

BMX guys- my trusty steed is for sale.

Earlier in this thread i stated it was a '98, well it's actually a 2000. I built this bike (like all my others) by hand with loving care. I use only the best components and the best assembly lube. This bike is smoother than silk and a blast to ride. It's not even that heavy either. There are a few scratches on the frame but no dents or dings. also no rust. Never left this in the rain EVER. I don't even think i've ever put a bike lock around it.

This bike is a fucking TANK. i have bailed out of some big shit and this bike has gone flying- it will never break. ever.

Standard STA frame and fork
          Terrible 1 bars
          S&M Redneck stem
          Demolition pegs
          Demolition grips
          Demolition Seat
          Demolition pedals
          Profile Racing cranks (170mm crank arms I believe)
          Odyssey Vandero (sp?) front wheel 36 spoke
          Odyssey cassette rear wheel 36 spoke
          FSA Pig headset
          Fit "shorty" seat post
          Animal 30 tooth chainwheel
          KMC Chain

Asking $850obo

Last edited by T3rd Ferguson; 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM.
          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

That e30 looks familiar :d
            cars beep boop

Comment

Hope ya don't mind, the best looking e30 within test ride distance. There is an m3 at costco from time to time.

Comment

Farbin, find a way to remove the 2 in that 12 speed label. :D

Comment

I should put a fixed cog on my Standard and fuck around on it before i sell it haaaa
                  1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                  1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                  1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                  1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                    Hope ya don't mind, the best looking e30 within test ride distance. There is an m3 at costco from time to time.
                    I'm mostly embarassed of how dirty my car is. I don't have a way to wash it at school...
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                      Farbin, find a way to remove the 2 in that 12 speed label. :D

It's painted. I already had that thought.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      I'm mostly embarassed of how dirty my car is. I don't have a way to wash it at school...

Yeah, the car wash on foothill and central is a good hand wash w/ good soap. When I'm too lazy, thats where I go.

Comment

BMX BIKE

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                          hellabad, I have the exact same bike, same size and everything. I'm shopping for a set of good hydros (BB5s for now), and a reba race if I can score one cheap. As it is, I'm as fast as I was on a full suspension geared bike overall, not quite as fast going downhill of course...
                          I used regular ones, not hydraulic, from ebay. Although I definetley try to support the LBS, I bought avid cable 180mm

The large diameter front and rear is a necessity. It took less than an hour, and it really does work better down the long steep hills on Mt Tam.
                          Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                          Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                          Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Who knows of a good way to install a headset without a press?
                            tasty

Comment

Make your own press. Threaded rod + 2 plates + at least 3 nuts. Tighten the plates to draw the races into the frame.

Thats basically what we used at work but the end plates were all machined and pretty.

Have fun
                              -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                                Make your own press. Threaded rod + 2 plates + at least 3 nuts. Tighten the plates to draw the races into the frame.

Thats basically what we used at work but the end plates were all machined and pretty.

Have fun
                                I've used a Campagnolo headset press before. Oh my. Just like buttah......

It works like the clamp idea but with big huge beautifully machined threads, and big handles that turn easily like they are machined from polished forged aluminum....because they are.

It would be cool to find one of those.

Jay
                                Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                                Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                                Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Working...
                                X