Creation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creation Thread

Funny how different we all are, I also am a Christian, and I support a woman's choice, (Not third trimester though) and I am against Evangelicial attempts at teaching Creationism. There is a middle ground from the 4.5 billion years (big bang) and 4500 year humans/dino's bullshit.

The sad thing is humans are either on or off. There is no acceptance for a middleground. We can't take part without the whole thing.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    I am against Evangelicial attempts at teaching Creationism.
    I guess I am just having a hard time understanding how teaching Creation in schools the same way they teach the "big bang" is Evangelical. I would totally be for it just being taught scientically with the understanding that there is potential for a "higher power" being the one that created us, etc. I don't expect the teacher to bust out the Bible with the first few chapters of Genesis.
    sigpic

Comment

Pastafarianism is the only thing that should be taught in public schools.
      John

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
        I guess I am just having a hard time understanding how teaching Creation in schools the same way they teach the "big bang" is Evangelical. I would totally be for it just being taught scientically with the understanding that there is potential for a "higher power" being the one that created us, etc. I don't expect the teacher to bust out the Bible with the first few chapters of Genesis.

What I mean is attempts to use biblical refrence as the only explaination to Creationism. I have not heard, (save a few) a concise, fully rendered explanation of the earth and its cycles from religous fact. The Evangelical folks will use the language (translations/deffinitions) from the KJV (King James Version) of the bible, not using truly factual proof from the Hebrew & Koine Greek original text.

It's tough to understand how a book written up to 5k years ago, with refrence to things happening thruout time and the "Creation" of this planet, is being explained to people here and now with words that were translated into old english 400+ years ago by people who did not understand the varried (200+ different types of the word "under") text used in the Hebrew language, and took out specific words because the new english users thought it would be strange to use the same word 13 times in one chapter, so they used synonyms, (which won't work with 200+ explainations for one concept) and left people lost guessing the true meanings.

So then, these people try to fit some hugly unexplainable concepts with words that do not explain the true words. Thus, leaving it open to people twisting it to their own desires so they can control the masses. I hate the concept of religion as a tool for control of the masses, its an individual relationship.

Sorry for the sidetrack, back to the maybe-ViPilf.

Comment

Not to bash on christianity, but its hard to teach something scientifically without having anything to back it up. With creationism, we can say "Hey there may be a divine creator, who made all that we see and know." But that would be about the end of the lesson, without going back into the bible and citing it as a resource.

At least with evolutionism, we can go back and show progress, and how we came to the conclusions we did.

But that argument is for another thread.

In the upcoming election, everyone just needs to vote, you can bash all you want but taht wont change a dam thing.. If you dont like either candidate choose someone you do like, whether it be yourself, your dad, your teacher, WHOEVER. Just voice your dam opinion, thats the only way to get change. Personally I'll be voting Ron Paul
          Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Originally posted by devonjordan View Post
            Not to bash on christianity, but its hard to teach something scientifically without having anything to back it up. With creationism, we can say "Hey there may be a divine creator, who made all that we see and know." But that would be about the end of the lesson, without going back into the bible and citing it as a resource.
            Is that different then, "Hey there was a random bang, something happened from that, and then that, over the past 100 million years, evolved into a human, this planet, and everything you see?"
            sigpic

Comment

Creation Thread

Is that different then, "Hey there was a random bang, something happened from that, and then that, over the past 100 million years, evolved into a human, this planet, and everything you see?"
              yes - there is tons of real evidence, testable predictions and science to back that up. all the work done in genetics in the last 10 years is hard to ignore - not to mention einstein's theories holding up extremely well to every observation for 100 years and still going strong.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yeah, it can backed up with more than just one source. Like I said though, thats a discussion for another thread, and not one that I'd like to have over the internets. See above too, haha.
                Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  yes - there is tons of real evidence, testable predictions and science to back that up. all the work done in genetics in the last 10 years is hard to ignore - not to mention einstein's theories holding up extremely well to every observation for 100 years and still going strong.

But is it not possable that that higher power has been making adjustments to his project, much as you do to your fuel maps and tables? Just making what you already did just a bit better, or more comfy in the cold.

Sorry, I'll get back on track.

Comment

So then, these people try to fit some hugly unexplainable concepts with words that do not explain the true words. Thus, leaving it open to people twisting it to their own desires so they can control the masses. I hate the concept of religion as a tool for control of the masses, its an individual relationship.
                    Do you think treaching Creation in schools is controlling the masses with religion? Since we, as a society, cannot agree upon where we came from we should teach the different options that people do believe. One really big option that a lot of people believe is Creation. Hence, why I think it should be taught along side the rest of the options.

And yes, I agree that religion is a relationship, but I also believe there is an aspect of community that falls within religion. But in the direct case of the US, we are a government made up of representatives of the people. If many of those people have similar belief on the religion side of things it should be represented. I'm not saying it should be the end all be all, but there should be representation.
                    sigpic

Comment

So, does that mean it wasn't a big "Bang", but more of a junkyard big "Megasquirt"?
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

So if a christian brought it about, it was a work of god, no? Then in that respect, it IS right.

Comment

But is it not possable that that higher power has been making adjustments to his project, much as you do to your fuel maps and tables? Just making what you already did just a bit better, or more comfy in the cold.

Sorry, I'll get back on track.
                          Because god is created in our image; not the other way around.
                          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Do you think treaching Creation in schools is controlling the masses with religion? Since we, as a society, cannot agree upon where we came from we should teach the different options that people do believe. One really big option that a lot of people believe is Creation. Hence, why I think it should be taught along side the rest of the options.

And yes, I agree that religion is a relationship, but I also believe there is an aspect of community that falls within religion. But in the direct case of the US, we are a government made up of representatives of the people. If many of those people have similar belief on the religion side of things it should be represented. I'm not saying it should be the end all be all, but there should be representation.

No, I think an organized method in which "Man" attempts to instill the tools of "God" and that does not work.

I don't want some English teacher taking 30 min out of third period to tell my child how a relationship with his maker is "supposed" to work. Or how the textbook says it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              So, does that mean it wasn't a big "Bang", but more of a junkyard big "Megasquirt"?
                              now you're waaaay off topic :p please, start your own thread and instill your vast knowledge of EFI tuning upon us. ;)
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X